PDA

View Full Version : Deserts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MaryB
Fri, Oct-05-01, 20:29
I've decided that if I really want to change to this WOL, I need tried and true recipes that are GOOD to take the place of my family favorites. (We are ALL Carb addicts!) Can people send their favorite recipe, be it desert, main dish or side dishes! Thanks! :q:

L. Denniso
Mon, Nov-05-01, 11:00
Cheddar CHesse Bread

18 grams per loaf
Pan 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2
Temp. 375 deg.
Generously butter a loaf pan.

1/3 c. soy flour
1/3 c. whey protein
2 lg eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. sour cream
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. grated cheese

Mix above ingredients and only 1/2 the grated cheese. Pour into lload pan and put the balance of the cheese on top of batter.

Enjoy!

Linda :

Sharon
Mon, Nov-05-01, 12:16
HI Mary, if you haven't already I would suggest you check out the members recipes in the recipe section. Members have submitted these because they were their favourites and they wanted to share them with us.

Everyone's tastes are different. What one person loves another doesn't.

There are even lots of ideas right here in the kitchen forum, perhaps not total complete recipes, but for ideas that members have come up with.

Let us know if there is a specific recipe or idea that you're thinking about.

Karen
Mon, Nov-05-01, 13:49
Cheddar CHesse Bread

18 grams per loaf
Pan 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2
Temp. 375 deg.
Generously butter a loaf pan.

1/3 c. soy flour
1/3 c. whey protein
2 lg eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. sour cream
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. grated cheese

Mix above ingredients and only 1/2 the grated cheese. Pour into lload pan and put the balance of the cheese on top of batter.

I'm sure this is fabulous, but how long would you bake it for?

Karen

L. Denniso
Mon, Nov-05-01, 14:58
Sorry about that - 25 mins. and just keep checking it until it starts to get lightly brown..
Have a good day - Linda

MaryB
Mon, Nov-05-01, 21:28
:wave:

Thanks! Always looking for tried, true and highly recommended recipes. Cheaper than trying out every one I come across!
:p
MB

Sharon
Tue, Nov-06-01, 06:16
I echo your note on disappointments....I always say if it's at least good enough to eat it once, we won't have it again (if it's that bad!!).

I'm sure you'll find some ideas here in the kitchen that you'll enjoy.