PDA

View Full Version : Egg Mockmuffin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ludi54
Thu, Oct-04-01, 20:45
http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/breakfast102.html

Good evening
First of all let me say what a helpful and motivating site this forum is. I check it out every day and it encourages me.

I am just about to prepare the Egg Mockmuffin and I came to that part where it says to add water to the beaten egg mixture.
How much water do I add? I look forward to hearing from someone.
I was also wondering where to find bacon that doesn't have some sort of sugar in it. Help

Thanks

Sharon
Fri, Oct-05-01, 05:18
Hi, I also make Mockmuffins, I don't use Norma June's recipe, or really anyones I usually just end up putting ingredients together and they always turn out.

I personally don't add water to mine. I add cream.

Mockmuffins are kind of like making a pizza...you can use different ingredients. Sometimes I use sausage, or ham. Other times I'll use bacon. It depends how well I plan ahead and what ingredients I have around to use. I sometimes put in a tablespoon or two of Atkins mix and that seems to help them stay together better.

I make sure I spray my muffins tins good to ensure the muffins will come out easily.

These are a great idea. I freeze them and then take one or two in a container and nuke them when I get to the office. I find I have no problem freezing them.

Anyways, I'm sure Norma June will drop by and tell you more about how she makes her muffins.

I hope I was able to give you some ideas.

ludi54
Fri, Oct-05-01, 06:22
Thanks for your reply. Last night I just went ahead and made the egg mockmuffins. When got to the part where it said to add water, I realized it was a typo and should have been cream.
Anyways I made them last night, so haven't tried one yet. I will for breakfast. They seem just right for a rushed morning or even any morning when you don't want to cook.

;) Kathy

Natrushka
Fri, Oct-05-01, 06:25
Ludi, I make them too, yum E. and very convenient. I do add water, approx one tablespoon per 2 eggs. I find the water makes the eggs fluffier, this is a trick I learned for omelets.

Nat

ludi54
Fri, Oct-05-01, 20:37
Hi Nat,
The Egg Mockmuffins are good. I had two this morning. MMM
And so convenient.
Thanks

I have been following your journal, you are doing so well. What an inspiration. :wave:

Gerri
Sat, Oct-06-01, 09:27
Sounds great! Where do I find the recipe? Look all over for it. Maybe you could post it? Thanks :wave:

Natrushka
Sat, Oct-06-01, 09:52
They are under Low Carb Recipes (http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes.html) by our members, the link is up at the top of the page in orange. There are all kinds of great ideas in that section. :D

Nat

tamarian
Sat, Oct-06-01, 09:57
Thanks Nat, I also added the link to this recipe at the top of the thread.

We recently added a script, where by clicking on "discuss" it will take you the forum thread discussing the recipe, or create a new thread titled according to the recipe.

Wa'il

Natrushka
Sat, Oct-06-01, 10:12
Geeze, Wa'il, do you ever sleep??????

I musta missed the link ;) I did look for it though, so I have no excuse. I've even had my coffee!

Nat

tamarian
Sat, Oct-06-01, 10:35
Originally posted by Natrushka
I musta missed the link ;) I did look for it though, so I have no excuse. I've even had my coffee!

No, the link wasn't there, I just addede it.

What happened is this thread was created manually, without clicking on the "discuss" link, that's why the auto-generated link wasn't there :)

Wa'il

FavreFan04
Sun, Feb-10-02, 13:17
Esskay brand Bacon has no added sugar and is lower in sodium than most bacon. On my diet, I am not permitted to eat pork but once a month, so I opt for turkey bacon instead. Tastes great and better for you. But it all depends on the diet I guess. Hope that I could be of some assistance! Good Luck!

Becky :daizy:

Lizpat
Thu, Feb-28-02, 11:25
2 questions:

1. "1 pkg of sausage meat" -- how many ounces?

2. has anyone done the math for carbs, etc?

Isabel
Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:49
I have held back trying these because the recipe is so large and I live alone and I don't want to eat the same thing for several days. BUT now that I read I can freeze 'em, I am going to make some as soon as I get offline.

Isabel
Fri, Aug-23-02, 10:55
Why doesn't this have five stars? Yikes, it is great. It would be a great brunch item for a group and no one would even have to know they were eating LC food. These muffins are so beautiful.

I beat the cheese right into my eggs. I only used 8 eggs because my muffin tins are smallish and I knew I was adding the cheese. Good thing because even w/only eight I still had a tiny bit too much egg mixture.

This is going to be a standard, portable meal/snack for me.

Definitely a 5 star quick breakfast.

DWRolfe
Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:17
I love this recipe too...

...plus I add some chopped spinach or brocolli to mine so I get some veggies in, too.

Donald :wave:

Norma June
Sun, Jan-25-04, 13:38
Donald ... chopped spinach? Why didn't I think of that. I love spinach

Saweetie
Sun, Feb-22-04, 00:36
So glad I have found this little receipe...anxious to try it

Now my question is to you...any of you...

What is Sausage Meat?? When you say the work sausage I am picturing little breakfast sausages....is this like some type of ground meat?

Karen
Sun, Feb-22-04, 02:13
You can squeeze the sausage out of the casing - any kind that you like, sweet Italian is good - or buy it in bulk in the freezer section. It comes in "logs". Check for sugar and fillers in the bulk stuff.

Karen

Norma June
Sun, Mar-21-04, 10:18
Hi everyone, here I am, reading the posts on the Egg Mock Muffin recipe I posted and yeppers ... I did mean to say cream instead of water. Sorry about that ... (seniors' moment here folks).

I've tweeked this recipe so much just to make life interesting. I'll add spinach (as Donald does), bits of bacon (fresh from the farm down the road), colby cheese, mushrooms, green peppers .... whatever.

Between this recipe and the ones for Breakfast Meatballs and the Mock French Toast made with pork rinds, these are my breakfast staples when I kinda get gaggy over eggs.

http://www.smileycons.com/img/default/0755.gif

gawdess
Fri, Apr-23-04, 10:38
What is the nutritional content? Did I miss it?

sly1
Sat, May-01-04, 16:40
Gosh, I've got to make some of these! they sound wonderful, and I love the suggestion of adding some veggies to them. I'm really finding some great ideas and recipes here to help me. Thank you all!

amazonann7
Wed, May-12-04, 23:06
I made these for my sorority sisters and they loved it! They had no idea it was low carb, they scarfed the whole dozen. They all want the recipe, some of them even passed over normal sugar/wheat/flour muffins for these! Maybe these girls (theatre majors) will get the idea to start eating a correct and healthyway instead of trying to starve or other dangerous practices. These were great, thanks again.

Oh, and I added cilantro, it made it really wonderful.

Samantha22
Thu, Jun-23-05, 16:53
I buy ground sausage in a little plastic tube..and i just chop it with the spatula as i fry it. I'm trying this recipe tonight..it looks awesome..thanks so much for sharing!

Samantha22
Sun, Jun-26-05, 15:53
Fantastic recipe!!! I made it for dinner the other night...and was so delighted to have something a little different..its very much like my breakfast quiche...but a little quicker...and its sort-of a finger food..which was so nice.

Rubinesque
Mon, Nov-14-05, 13:16
I love the name. Cute. This sounds great and simple. Thanks for the recipe. Canadian bacon sounds like it would be good with it also. It would make it more Mc Muffiny!
Rubinesque

LadyBelle
Sat, Sep-20-08, 16:23
My kids have been having hot pockets for breakfast. They heat fast and can be carried out the door on to the bus. They are expensive as all heck and unhealthy in many ways. We're going to give these a try instead and see if they hold together well enough to have a couple tossed in a sandwich bag and sent out the door with them

duffy149
Thu, Dec-18-08, 14:36
I was tempted onto this thread by the title mock McMuffins yummy!
I have tried these before and they are really nice, however tonight i tried to make a slightly different version. I squeezed the sausages out of their skins and flattened them out, fried them up. Also fried eggs in a mold (heart shaped - didn't have any others!) and then stacked them up. sausage, cheese, egg, cheese and then sausage. Just like a double sausage and egg McMuffin without the muffin.

Helen.