PDA

View Full Version : No Nitrate Bacon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jennyd
Wed, Oct-03-01, 11:03
Where can you buy no nirtate bacon?

Karen
Wed, Oct-03-01, 11:54
Natural food stores usually carry it. The tough thing is finding nitrite and sugar-free bacon :(

Karen

IslandGirl
Wed, Oct-03-01, 12:12
been found in a retail store in the Lower Mainland? I haven't found any here on the Island...

Though the Hertel's advertises No Nitrates/Nitrites/MSG... it does have sugar ... this order: Pork, Salt, Sugar, another kind of sugar, etc.

Dang :daze:

Candiflip
Sun, Jun-23-02, 21:19
Do they have nitrite and sugar-free bacon at Capers or Choices?
Thank you

Candice

Isabel
Sat, Aug-10-02, 17:43
Hi. I buy no nitrate bacon at my local Whole Foods store. I believe other whole foods/organic products stores sell it as well, such as Wild Oats. In the states. . . don't know about Canada or UK

rutheye
Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:10
If you are fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe's Grocer near you (my personal favorite shopping experience!)...you will find a great assortment of nitrite/nitrate free meats...including genoa salami. bacon, sausages..etc. The Genoa salami is wonderful.

I think most of our monthly food allowance gets spent at TJ's...with all the great cheeses, meats, cheap mineral water and yogurt.

chinatown
Fri, Jan-17-03, 20:41
I rang around got nowhere here. Oh well.