PDA

View Full Version : How long do pork rinds keep?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lukelori
Mon, Sep-24-01, 16:50
Once you crumb the pork rinds how long can they be kept? I would like to crumb a bunch and put up (like bread crumbs) to have on hand when cook. If anyone knows how long these can be kept please let me know. Thanks.

Sarlye
Mon, Sep-24-01, 19:43
Well, IMHO I don't think Pork Rinds last very long. It's fried in oil so I think it will be stale or rancid after a month or so.

It crumbles quite fast anyway, I think you can just crumble as you need it.

Hope this helps. :p

r.mines
Mon, Sep-24-01, 22:21
Nothing yuckier than a rancid pork rind! http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/cwm/cwm/blah.gif
I keep mine in the fridge, crumbled or un-crumbled. They don't last long at all in the cupboard. I've had them go off in an unopened bag if it sits too long.

Rachel

Deirdre
Mon, Sep-24-01, 22:24
I crumb them in the food processor then keep them in the freezer. I would think they would last quite a while frozen but I don't know for sure.