PDA

View Full Version : cookie crash & burn

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kirkwood
Tue, Sep-18-01, 09:03
I tested out two batches of cookies yesterday from my low carb baking book. The first were peanut butter melts, and the second were thumbprint cookies. Both fell apart and left me with two piles of crumbs. Does anyone have an idea what went on, or is this just God's way of telling me to stay away from ANY kind of cookies?

The cheesecake recipies have all been scrumptious, but I couldn't stand the texture of the cake, nor the overwhelming smell of the vanilla whey protein she uses in most of her recipies. Are there any good cookie/cake recipies that I can find that will work well for a cookout we are having here next week?

As always, thanks for your support!

--Kirkwood

Karen
Tue, Sep-18-01, 09:47
Could be God's way or could be something technical with whatever type of flour, peanut butter, size of egg, or sweetener. Or it could be the way you measure, oven temperature or the recipe might just not work.

Did you substitute anything specified in the recipe? What was the book?

Karen