PDA

View Full Version : Fried Zucchini??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Glenda
Tue, Sep-11-01, 20:22
Hi all. My husband and I love fried zucchini, and wonder if it is ok to dip the zucchini pieces in egg, then low fat soy flour, then fry in butter???? NOt much for carbohydrates really, only in the soy flour.
Thanks for your help.

Glenda

Karen
Tue, Sep-11-01, 20:56
Try dipping them in egg, then a combination--or one--of crushed pork rinds, ground almonds and grated Parmesan cheese.

Karen

gpop529
Wed, Oct-03-01, 16:17
:D Theese pork rinds come in a variety of flavors, I get them at my local liquor store, lol
But they work as well as bread crumbs do and they are a carb free product.
Terri in Baudette

Atriana
Wed, Oct-03-01, 16:21
There is a low carb product called Keto-Crumbs. It comes in Italian, Original and Cajun flavors. I have used it with good results on chicken and fish. It should work well for zucchini also.

nancy30
Sat, Oct-12-02, 10:26
Oh I love zuchinni, sounds so good.....Can't wait to try it!! Thanks :daze: :daze: :daze: