PDA

View Full Version : Potluck Dinner..dessert ideas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Stina
Wed, Aug-29-01, 15:39
I have just been informed that I am bringing dessert for 20+ people on saturday to a big bbq (DH's work). I refuse to cook anything that isn't low carb so I could really use some suggestions:-) There are so many recipes listed above but since I have never tried any of them I don't want to make one and then fail miserably:rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sharon
Wed, Aug-29-01, 16:04
I'm having a birthday dinner next Wednesday and I'm making Karen's Lowcarb Vancouver No-Bake Cheesecake. It can be presented very elegantly.

I've only made it once and thought it was so special I've been waiting for a "special"occasion for an excuse to make it again.

doreen T
Wed, Aug-29-01, 17:29
What about a fresh fruit tray, with a variety of melon chunks (cantaloupe, honeydew, casaba, etc.. ) slices of kiwi, strawberries if you can find them, wedges of peach or nectarine, and a few higher carb choices for those who prefer that ... some grapes, apples, oranges, pears. Dip things in a little lemon juice to keep it fresh. Add some cheeses ... bocconcini balls, mozzerella, brick, havarti ... other mild cheeses.

:cool:

Doreen

Natrushka
Wed, Aug-29-01, 19:22
I have a great fruit dip recipe that I'm sure can be convereted to LC.

1 pack vanilla pudding (sub. SF pudding?)
1 tub cool whip (use whipping cream w/ some splenda)
2 oz Grand Marnier (SF syrop.... any flavour would do I bet)

Mix it all together. It firms up in the fridge and makes a great dip for just about any fruit you can think of. I've brought this to many family gatherings and I never take home any leftovers. :)

Nat

Stina
Thu, Aug-30-01, 00:10
Thanks for the suggestions! The group numbers have expanded so I think I will go for the fruit platter and maybe that dip as I would end up having to make 3 cheesecakes just to serve everyone:-)

Thanks!