PDA

View Full Version : general question for the pro cooks here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bluugirl
Sat, Aug-25-01, 11:57
ok, is there anyway to remove the salt from canned foods? e.g. salmon? i dont' think i can find low-sodium salmon, although i haven't looked carefully... :) Thanks.

bluugirl
Sat, Aug-25-01, 15:55
well mixing a dab of mayo helps to mask the salty taste which is great... but still would like to be able to reduce the amount of salt.

shelley
Sat, Aug-25-01, 20:47
I know this sounds odd, but have you tried rinsing the meat with water? I just put mine in a fine strainer and rinse with cold water.

bluugirl
Sat, Aug-25-01, 21:36
yes, i have thought of this..but was waiting for someone to say something like that... it would probably help, i'll try that...

Karen
Sat, Aug-25-01, 21:39
There is low-salt tuna, so I'm assuming that low-salt salmon can be found. Lemon or vinegar counteracts salt. Brands differ in degree of saltiness too.

Karen