PDA

View Full Version : meatballs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Stina
Fri, Aug-24-01, 19:26
Okay, I have made a ton of little meatballs (hamburger, eggs, pork rinds and sausage). I need some ideas for sauces to go over them or maybe even some dips?

Great little snacks but I will get tired of a plain flavor...

IslandGirl
Sat, Aug-25-01, 00:22
saucy ideas:

sugarfree chunky salsa
sugafree spag sauce
sour cream
sour cream with parmesan
sour cream with blue cheese or stilton
mayo with curry (madras is nice)
mayo with roasted garlic
mayo with grainy mustard
ranch dressing
caesar dressing

there's a start!

fiona
Sat, Aug-25-01, 00:23
I posted ... too early in the day for me to remember where . try LC Kitchen : Main dishes ... just a couple of days ago my version (as detailed as I can get) of the basic indian curry adapted to LCing. That would be one definite sauce I would use with your meatballs.

Avocado/ 1tbsp of yogurt / tsp of lemon juice / herbs and spices of your choice all blended together would make another nice dip.

I make my own beef-burgers by adding cilantro, chives, ginger, garlic, garam masala and other favourite spices and herbs. Spice them quite heavily. Then just wrap them up in lettuce after they come off the grill. Yummy.

I use up a few and freeze the rest in pairs with a flattened cup-cake paper in between. Always ready for a quick and tasty LC meal.
Take care

fiona
Sat, Aug-25-01, 00:51
Wow Judi

{mayo with curry (madras is nice)
mayo with roasted garlic }

U've started my digestive juices flowing. Next batch of mayo I make will probably have both!
Take care

Stina
Sat, Aug-25-01, 21:50
Thanks! I ended up freezing most of them until I could figure a good sauce out. Really wanted a soya/brown sugar twin sauce but can get it thick at all. I will be hunting for some thickening agents soon!

Thanks again!

Deirdre
Sun, Aug-26-01, 01:35
President's Choice has a sugar free sweet & sour sauce that sounds like what you are looking for. It's made with Splenda and has .9g carbs / tbsp. I like it with their Kobe style meatballs.

debbiedobson
Sun, Aug-26-01, 13:32
stina, our own island girl, judi, operates a lowcarb co-op. i bough the expert foods thick/not starch and thick/not sugar through her. they both work wonderfully plus they provide fibre as well. click on judi's logo in one of her posts.

Stina
Tue, Aug-28-01, 19:06
Originally posted by Deirdre
President's Choice has a sugar free sweet & sour sauce that sounds like what you are looking for. It's made with Splenda and has .9g carbs / tbsp. I like it with their Kobe style meatballs.

I looked and looked and couldn't find this. I can only get President's Choice products at a store called the Warehouse Club (Superstore will be here soon). What section is this in?

Thanks

Stina
Tue, Aug-28-01, 19:06
Originally posted by debbiedobson
stina, our own island girl, judi, operates a lowcarb co-op. i bough the expert foods thick/not starch and thick/not sugar through her. they both work wonderfully plus they provide fibre as well. click on judi's logo in one of her posts.

Thanks Debbie, I checked it out and will be ordering some next cycle! Same with some of those yummy syrups....endless possibilities!

Thanks!

Deirdre
Tue, Aug-28-01, 21:20
Originally posted by Stina

I looked and looked and couldn't find this. I can only get President's Choice products at a store called the Warehouse Club (Superstore will be here soon). What section is this in?

Thanks

It's with all of their "memory of..." sauces. It's actually a "Too Good To Be True" product. We have different stores out here that sell PC products, I've seen them at Loblaws and Valumart, but I don't think you have those out west. Not all of the stores have it either, maybe you could ask the manager to get it in. There are a couple of other of their sauces that are "low calorie" too but I haven't tried them. It's usually kind of near bbq sauce and things like that I think.

I just found a site that sells PC products online, but they don't have the sugar free one. If you click on "memories of " sauces you can see what they look like though.
https://www.sendpc.ca/PCinaBox/box_shop.htm