PDA

View Full Version : baker's choc and cocoa

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LoCarbKel
Fri, Aug-24-01, 11:25
Hi,

Atkin's has some dessert recipes that I want to try but I'm wondering how this works. I purchased some unsweetened baker's choc. per the recipe and some cocoa powder.
both labels claim sugar as an ingredient...even the unsweetened choc. I'm so confused!

Is cocoa allowed?

Sarlye
Fri, Aug-24-01, 11:37
Hi: Since I don't know where you are from, I will just tell you where I got my Baker's Chocolate and Cocoa.

I am from Vancouver, BC Canada and I purchased the Baker's Chocolate and Fry's Cocoa Powder from Save On Foods in Richmond.

There are different kinds of Chocolate in the baking aisle. White, Dark, Semi Sweet all have sugar in the ingredients. You have to buy the unsweetened Baker's Chocolate and it will say 100% chocolate in the ingredients.

Fry's Cocoa Powder does not have any sugar on the label also.

I find that it takes me longer to shop now since I read the labels more, but its well worth it.

Good luck with your dessert.