PDA

View Full Version : low carb tortilla recipe

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shelley
Thu, Aug-09-01, 20:49
I found a recipe for tortillas and it called for almond flour. At our local store the cashier thought almond flour was just ground almonds. Does anyone know if that is true?

IslandGirl
Thu, Aug-09-01, 21:35
I use the commonly available ground almonds (next to the slivered, blanched and whole dried almonds in the bulk bins) where almond flour is called for. If it needs to be more finely ground, more "floury", I'll whizz it in the F.P. for a while, carefully (don't want almond butter).

Some Health Food Stores *might* carry actually Almond Flour but I've never seen it in my travels in Canada.

There are online sites that claim to have nut flours but I haven't actually tried them to find out if they are any different than just plain ground nuts.

Hope this helps.

Bonnie
Fri, Aug-10-01, 05:18
Shelley,

If you have a bulk barn in your area you most likely will find several nut flours... I have found almond, walnut and pecan...however as Judi mentioned above if you do have a food processor or even a coffee grinder you can very easily make nut flours...

Bonnie

Sharon
Fri, Aug-10-01, 11:18
Be sure to share your recipe with us, if you think it was a success!!!

Judi B.
Fri, Aug-10-01, 11:43
Hey Island girl-
I've been looking for almond flour for a long time in my local stores(Alexandria/Washington,DC area) without luck. I finally did a "google"search and found several suppliers.
www.google.com (http://)
www.almondsonline.com (http://)
Almonds OnLine seemed to be the most reasonable. I'll let you know how it is when I receive it...probably Tues or Weds.

The OTHER Judi!!!
Judi B,

shelley
Fri, Aug-10-01, 21:41
I tried the recipe and they are really good. Easy recipe to make. I will try to post it tomorrow.;)