PDA

View Full Version : Questions !!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cogin
Wed, Aug-08-01, 01:05
Hi! I am new to this whole thing. Surley do enjoy reading and learning more about this woe.Question- are salad dressing and mayo (neither lite) the same in carbs? If you don't eat the wrong foods does it matter if you skip a meal especiall the reward meal? Also how do you find your post or thread again to find out the answers:confused: Reading this forum is a great support and motivation for me. Thanks!

Karen
Wed, Aug-08-01, 01:25
Welcome to the forum Cogin!

If you mean the creamy, mayonnaise type salad dressing, they usually contain sugar. What does it say on the label? If it's one thing that low-carbing teaches you, is how to scrutinize labels.

Skipping meals is not a good idea. You have to keep your caloies up to lose weight, especially in the initial stages or your body goes into "starvation mode". It will hang on to it's energy stores (your fat) because it thinks there is a famine coming on.

You can find out if someone has replied by clicking View New Posts which is on the right hand side of the page. All new posts will be displayed. There is a ton of information on manoeuvering around the board in the Faq. It's up at the top right of the page with the big blue question mark beside it.

Was there any particular reason you chose CAD over Atkins? I'm reading CALP now and find it quite interesting, so I'm interested in finding out why other people choose what they choose!:D

Karen