PDA

View Full Version : Is heavy cream a free food?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jessy
Sun, Jul-29-01, 15:14
I did some today and it was Fantastic. But when the plate was empty I thought: ups.. is it allowed or maybe I was a bad girl? So anybody can answer this question?

tamarian
Sun, Jul-29-01, 15:26
Hi Jessy,

It's not free food, it has carbs.

Have you used our carb-counter tool? It will answer all your "how many carbs" and "is it allowed questions".

Please make use of them, they will allow you to decide for yourself. Just click on "Tools" from the menu above.

Wa'il

Jessy
Sun, Jul-29-01, 15:45
it was written on the package. There was said that it has 3grams of carbs per 100g of heavy cream. if i count carbs can i eat it?

tamarian
Sun, Jul-29-01, 16:02
Can't see why not.

See, now you're a carb-counter!! :)

Wa'il

Pebbs
Tue, Jul-31-01, 11:14
The "whipping cream" I have been buying states "0" carbs. Is this false? Maybe that is part of my problem. But you cannot rely on the nutritional labeling - how are we to know? :(

Karen
Tue, Jul-31-01, 11:24
In the USA, if a product has under 1 gram per serving, it can be labelled as 0. When, in reality, whipping cream has 6.6 grams per cup.

Karen

tamarian
Tue, Jul-31-01, 11:28
Hi Pebbs,

Some labeling laws allow rounding, if the carb count per tablespoon is 0.5, they can say 0g!

There are a few things you can do to help discover these false claims. Check the USDA nutritional database, and it will give you the exact count. We have it online, check under "Tools" from the menu above. We also have the hidden carbs calculator, which gives more details on the label totals.

Wa'il

tamarian
Tue, Jul-31-01, 11:29
Hey Karen!

Glad your PC is fixed, we missed you!

Wa'il