PDA

View Full Version : best veggie burgers???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kranti
Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:53
Hi guys :wave: ,

I have to follow a veggie diet for religious reasons for 2 weeks. Can u guys tell me the best veggie burgers available in US..... Thanks a lot for all ur support.

:spin:

Shelley J
Tue, Jun-17-03, 16:29
Most of us here (if not everyone ;) ) Eat beef/turkey/salmon/pork burgers.

Sorry.

Ambyrcat
Tue, Jun-17-03, 16:31
Bocca isn't bad, but I really like Morning Star Farms. It isn't very "beef" like, but I love the taste/texture.

Hope that helps,
Ambyr

RickinTN
Tue, Jun-17-03, 16:38
I haven't eaten them myself. I have heard that both Bocca and Morning Star are good

pcubie
Tue, Jun-17-03, 16:40
morningstar farms is my favorite.
you can also go to the vegetarian forum and ask them.
i was following a vegetarian diet for over 2 years before i started atkins. my whole induction was without meat, so it's really no big deal. :wave:

Kranti
Tue, Jun-17-03, 17:22
Thanks a million Pcubie, Rick, Ambyr & Shelly

:bhug:

LadyBelle
Tue, Jun-17-03, 20:02
I love the bocca burgers. They don't taste liek regular burgers, but have a great taste of thier own. :)

etoiles
Tue, Jun-17-03, 21:23
I have been a complete vegetarian for 7 years and on atkins for 3 1/2 months and personally, my favorite burgers are from morningstar.

morningstar #1 pick is the tomato and basil burger. Those are so delicious! with mushrooms and cheese in it too. They are very very tasty.

almost all of morningstar burgers are pretty good in my opinion!

another wonderful product that just came out is from gardenburger and it is meatless meatloaf, complete with gravy! It is a bit high in carbs (8/serving) but it is totally delicious!

Lastly, if you ever see this, you must try VEAT! that is what the product is called. Veat makes fake chicken and even a fake salmon (never tasted the salmon) product. Veat is so delicious! I cannot say enough good things about Veat products! Veat is hard to find, harder than the others, and is usually only available in health food stores. They are slighlty more expensive than morningstar or the others but it is so delicious. I usually just have it on special occassions.

The boca cheeseburger ones are disgusting, I almost had to force myself to try and finish the package once I tasted one, I ended up throwing them out.

Hope this helps!

erbadger
Wed, Jun-18-03, 12:50
I just had the bocca cheese burgers last night...I really liked them! My favorite Vburger is the mornigstar farm spicy black bean southwest one, but its pretty carby and has black beans and corn in it. All of the morningsatrs are great, much better than the average bocca. I hate the gardenburgers though.

spiderdust
Thu, Jul-03-03, 04:50
Boccas seem to have the lowest carb count.
Avoid the Gardenburgers at all costs.

beachdream
Sun, Jul-13-03, 13:54
Veat? I just like saying the word! Veat...Veat...Veat...(tee hee) A vegetarian Veat Vurger, vlease.

sorry...got carried away.

Regarding your post...I have tried Boca...and I tend to agree. I threw mine out too. Morningstar has a lot of good products. Something about regular (beef, pork or chicken) hotdogs just don't settle right with me...so every since my daughter was small, I have bought her the Morningstar Veggie corn dogs...not made for this diet...but she loves them. Now that she is older, she still prefers them over "regular" corndogs.

Good luck and keep us posted on which one you found to be the best!

JudyMH
Sun, Jul-13-03, 22:15
Hi I just joined tonight, Boca is good after you subtract the fiber from the carbs it comes out to either 2 or 3 effective carbs which isn't bad.I have been a vege for 20 years and thought I had to give it up when I found I needed to follow an LC diet.I was wrong thank goodness, I intend to go back to my vegetarian proteins because I have a hard time digesting meat. Judy

joycelyn
Sat, Jul-19-03, 18:43
It was a revelation for me too that I could still low-carb and be a vegetarian.

I love the Morningstart Farms burgers, all varieties from Better n' burger, to original griller, to prime griller. Plus they have others. Just excellent. I could live on these!