Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 22:34
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally posted by luddybell
all time worst has to be Atkins Brownie taste like cardboard but for 3 dollars a bar i gagged and swallowed it LOL

all time best :: PURE DELITE MILK CHOCOLATE & MINT YUMMY!!

i buy 5 every two weeks when i go grocery shopping and they last me until the next time

I have to agree with you on those mint ones, they are DELISH!

I have only found one so far that I absolutely hated and would not try again, it was a cookies and cream one, ick! I also don't really care for the mocha one, but that is because it is too coffee like and I never drank coffee unless it was LOADED with sugar... LOL...

The Atkins Smore one is pretty good, and the Morning Start Cinnamon Bun is a staple in my cabinet for breakfast... Keeps me from forgetting to eat in the morning... LOL
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 23:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Always fun. Strangely enough, I've never actually spit one out, but the ones that were TOO sweet really gave me a hard time. NEVER thought I'd say that.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:18

Stats: 294/220/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

I love most of the Atkins Advantage bars. I don't like the pralines or almond brownie.

I love the Think Thin Bars.. esp the peanut butter, crunchy peanut butter, brownie crunch and chocolate fudge.

The carb solutions peanut butter and grape jelly was gross!

For candy, I love the carbolite bars.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 07:06
Registered Member

Stats: 244/218/185
BF:
Progress: 44%

I would have to agree the Carb Solutions PB&J was beyond bad.

Hard to imagine a company would actually release and market such a product.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:27
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Lean Protein chocolate-banana-walnut... sounded great... tasted so bad I nearly vomited.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 09:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

THE worst thing I've ever eaten, ever (except maybe May-po as a kid):
AdvantEdge Carb Control Nutrition Bar in Lemon Cheesecake. Tastes like over-sweet chemicals, coat the mouth. Good thing I only bought two, on sale.

the best:
Carb Soltions Taste Sensations! there's a toffe and a hazulnut, they're pretty good, esp. when they're on sale. Good for an emergency meal.

Car Solutions also makes the BEST milk chocolate candy bars I savor every bite!!!
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 158/147/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

EAS Apple cinnamon bars are the worst ever! Vitamin-soaked wet cardboard is the best I can say. Blueberry was only marginally better. The Atkins bars are OK, but too expensive for me to have on a regular basis.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 00:00

Stats: 257.2/252.8/165 Female 5'9"
BF:less than it was!
Progress: 5%

the lemon bars- i bought one and it was soooo bad i spit it out, then handed it over to my boyfriend who will eat anything- just like Mikey. he spit it out too. it was so bad i would never try another lemon bar. most of the atkins bars are great. the mocha is too coffeeish tasting- but im not a coffee drinker either.. lol
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Stats: 224/185/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 61%

First let me say I am very tolerable of the LC Bars but I got Carb Sensations, Capuccino Crisp on sale at BigLots for $.79. One bite didn't even make it. Same goes for any of the Lemon flavor made by any company. YUCKY, Mommy, YUCKY!!

I did really like Carb Solutions: Chocolate/Peanut Butter even though the chocolate coating is a little funny tasting. The Almond fudge was decent.

I tried Atkins Brownie bar and I almost choked to death, it seems to quadruple in size while I was chewing it, gross. I at least finished it a few days later. I must say it would cure a chocolate cravings w/negative reinforcement.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 23:45

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

The EAS ones are all TERRIBLY DISGUSTING!! Except the Chocolate Chip Brownie.. THOSE are the ones they hit home on.. but the blueberry, lemon cheesecake, ohh man NASTY...

The Atkins Advantage bars are pretty good, I like the Almond Brownie, and once in a while I'll mix it up and get the Peanut Butter..

The Carb Solutions peanut butter gets really old really quickly, along with the Chocolate Toffee Hazelnut..<shudder>

I buy mine from Sams in bulk.. (SOOO much cheaper to buy by the box that way..!!) So I have to make sure I like them before I waste money on them..

Two new favorites I just stumbled upon recently,
1 is a chocolate bar called La Nouba, (www.lanouba.net) its belgian milk chocolate, but sugar free, and has 3.7 net carbs.. (I got the Mint Chocolate one to try..) Very similar to the Delites bars, only BIGGER.. mmmm...

the other is the new Atkins Endulge Wafers.. (MINT CHOCOLATE....ahhhhh..) I love mint chocolate and will do anything to get it, luckily I dont have to really stray from the WOL to satisfy that craving..
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 05:50

Who carries La Nouba. To but online you gotta buy 5 boxes. They do sound yummy.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:04

Plan: Atkin's Nutritional Approach
Stats: 190/165/150 Female 68 inches/ 5' 8 1/2"
BF:39/32/25
Progress: 63%

the worse low carb bar I've ever had was the one I ate last night! Blaaaaughkkk! I don't remember the brand (Pure Protein, Sugar Free???!?!) but it was Caramel Apple flavored. Really bad.
The best low carb snacks are from Russell Stover! The come in a red box (or bag) that says "LOW CARB" in BIG letters. This stuff is the bomb-a-ba-bomba! If you are having a craving, get it. It is super low in carbs, and super tastey (better than regular chocolate). My favorites are the French Mint pieces, the English Toffee Squares, and the Mint Patties (Which are dark chocolate... and filled with a creme de mint that's amazing!) The middle is like a Junior Mint... it's like a silver dollar sized Junior Mint (very refreshing).

Anyway... stay away from Pure Protein Sugar Free. It's NAZZTEE!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:31

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Mariejoe, I got the La Nouba bars from a local yogurt/ice cream shop that carries a few low carb products..(thank god..!!) They were $2.50 each though..! Id say buying in bulk is better but 5 boxes is a bit much, even for me.. hehee

Maybe try Ebay...??? Ebay has some good stuff..
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:42

Sterlina,

good new...they're available online at http://www.anosos.com/Content/Syste...&query=la+nouba

Bad news, they are currently out of stock, but only $1.99 each or you can buy a single box.
Thanks,
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:52

Stats: 276/259/180 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 18%

I've only tried one because it sounded so good but I really didn't like the taste. It was the Atkins Almond Brownie bar. I didn't like the texture and it left an awful taste in my mouth.