Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 16:02

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

Yeah, mostly I was just being silly. I just never felt that comfortable with journaling in the journal area...probably because of my perception of that being more a food and diet thing, and after I got frustrated with LC'ing, I didn't much want to get lectured by people--and there are definitely a few who have that tendency around here. The gym log area felt more like it suited my goals, I guess. I pay for that with the lack of traffic, but at least it's kept me from being needlessly argumentative.

Since I am a little more wrapped up in food issues right now, it would probably be a slightly better fit than it was before. That's where the question of hassle comes up. I don't have the time/motivation to keep two logs going (besides, I keep a journal online elsewhere as well), so this one would get abandoned...and along with it all I've written up to this point. *sigh*

OK, blah blah blah. Whine, whine, whine.

I have dreads to make.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 13:34

BF:
Default BRx C1/W3/D3

Gym stuffs from yesterday: Legs
Weights
- Leg Press 2x20x140, 1x6x330, 2x5x330
- Leg Extension 2x20x40, 3x6x90
- Leg Curl 2x20x45, 3x6x105
- Standing Calf Raise 2x20x45, 2x6x205
- Donkey Calf Raise 2x20x60, 3x6x135
Notes:
Went to the gym bunny gym instead of my usual one, so some of the numbers shifted a bit to accomodate different machines (leg curl and standing calf raise)

Finally found the "right" weight for the leg presses. Next week will be the first time I won't have to raise the weight for that exercise.

Next week, up on everything but the presses.

Thought about doing some cardio, but decided to give the ankle another day off for good behavior. I'll probably do some either tonight or tomorrow afternoon--depending on when we decide to go to the gym. Or maybe I'll take a walk this afternoon. Weather Pixie is down for maintenance right now, but her last reading said it was in the mid-70's outside...I'll have to run off and check on the current temps before venturing out. (I hate heat.)

Food is going well. I'm trying to wean myself off of Fitday right now. Hopefully I can get three weeks of non-logging in before I have to start checking for the uppage of protein in the next cycle. I can't believe I'm one workout away from completing the first cycle of Body Rx. Considering my extreme lack of stick-to-it-iveness, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

I sent my mother the pic I included here a few entries back, and got the reassurance of knowing she will always be my mother when she said, "You lose a lot of weight, huh? Don't forget, you need to lose more."

Yeah. That's my mom.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 13:48

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

D'oh! LOL That's obnoxious...but funny too.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 13:52
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hiya Dex,

You know, a while back Anybody got a moderator to merge his gym log and journal since he was sick of keeping two going. Maybe you could do that. I, for one, would have been all over your gym log, but I didn't realize how regularly you post in it. Now that I've figured it out, you won't be able to get rid of me.

Big wow on the photo. You're only an inch taller than me, but you look smaller, based on that photo (unless you're storing fat in some secret location like under all that hair ). It's so good to see images like that and realize that the scale is a big hunk-o-junk. Really, wow.

xo Dig
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:43

BF:

Obnoxious (but funny, too), is such the perfect description of my mother. My husband recently alerted me to an NPR broadcast of a piece about a CD and book called Amy's Answering Machine, which is a collection of answering machine messages left by a well-intentioned, but scatty, Jewish mother on her daughter's machine. Upon hearing some of the clips on the radio, he informed me that this was actually my mother disguising herself with a Jewish Mom Voice. (An example - In one mesage, the mother calls to tell her daughter that she doesn't think she should have "one of those palm sized computer things" because she might swallow it...because she heard a story about a man who lost his cell phone and when he called the number, he heard ringing coming from his dog's stomach.)

I love her, but sometimes she drives me nuts. But she is good for a laugh sometimes.

I think that picture might make me look a little smaller than I actually am, because I don't seem to get very wide as I gain weight. My secret fat-storing location--which actually, ain't so secret upon seeing me in 3-D--is the front of my tummy. I carry everything right out front. It's the Asian Fat Lady Curse...we are forever doomed to weight gain in the stomach. Take a look around at any chubby Asian chicks you might see, they all carry it in round tummies. It's why we're also so prone to heart disease. Feh.

My particular physical condition isn't at all helped by the fact that my father also carries all of his weight in the stomach. On the other hand, I did get broad shoulders and easy muscle gains from him, so I guess it works out.

And I should stop rambling and get my butt to the gym. Also, I need to think about food...Game Day! w00t!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 21:47

BF:
Default BRx C1/W4/D1

The car did not want to cooperate with my gym goals yesterday. It decided it would much rather have a long visit at the Service Department of Puyallup Saturn. Grrr...

I did manage to make it to the game last night, though. And then stayed up way too late yappin' with my friend...finally made the drive back down at about three this morning.

So, to make up for skipping the gym yesterday, I decided to double up on my workout today. Doing two workouts in a day isn't really recommended in the Body Rx book--unless there is a break of several hours between workouts--but I did it anyway, because I'm stubborn like that.

Gym stuffs: Shoulders & Abs and Chest & Bis
Weights
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2x20x15, 3x5x32.5
- Lateral Raise 2x20x6, 2x6x12.5, 1x5x12.5
- Rear Deltoid Flyes 2x20x40, 2x5x80, 1x4x80
- Crunches 1x25, 1x17, 1x21
- Leg Raises 1x10, 1x8, 1x12
---------------
- Dumbbell Bench Press 2x20x15, 3x6x32.5
- Incline Press 2x20x40, 2x5x70, 1x4x70
- Flyes (Flex) 2x20x40, 2x6x90, 1x5x90
- Hammer Curls 2x20x12.5, 2x5x27.5, 1x4x27.5
- Preacher Curls 2x20x20, 2x5x45, 1x4x45
notes:
Shoulder press weight goes up next week (this week, technically). Everything else remains.

I seem pretty weak on the lateral raises. I wonder what's up with that.

I'm pretty wiped out after that workout, but I feel good. I thought about taking my hair down tonight, but I don't know if I want to hold my arms up for the three hours that will take...I'll have to consider that a bit more carefully.

On a side note, I woke up yesterday morning and saw the husband unit sitting beside me in bed with a bowl of Raisin Bran in one hand and a sugar dispenser in the other. Then today on the way home from the gym, he stopped at Fred Myer and bought three loaves of bread. I think it's safe to say that he has abandoned Atkins.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:39

BF:

I can't seem to get motivated to day at all. I had a brief outing to pick up some negatives, and intended to go to the gym this afternoon, but I can't seem to make myself do it.

I'll either have to make myself do it tonight after the game, or make sure to get it in tomorrow instead of taking the day off.

*sigh* Back to the scanning.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 00:01

BF:
Default BRx C1/W4/D2

Gym stuffs: Back and Tris
Weights
- Lat Pulldown 2x20x50, 3x5x105
- Seated Row 2x20x60, 2x6x120, 1x5x120
- Wide Row 2x20x70, 2x6x160, 1x5x160
- Tricep Pushdown 2x20x30, 3x6x50
- Tricep Extension 2x20x20, 1x5x50, 2x4x50
notes:
Raised weights for both warm-up and working sets on pulldowns, and seated rows. Raised warm-up weight on wide rows.

Triceps felt oddly weak tonight, and I actually had to drop back on the weight for the pushdowns. Next week I'll hopefully be able to go back up to 60#.

My food has been a little sloppy the past few days. Some unpleasantness at home has pretty much killed my appetite. The lack of fuel probably plays into the weakness at the gym. I'll probably go back to Fitday for the next few days as I try to get myself back in line.

I did manage to get some relatively clean scans of the Holga negs I picked up yesterday. If anyone wants to see some silly toy camera pictures, they can be found at http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dexocrac...+MemDay+Weekend
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 13:31

BF:

Busy girl...that's me.

On the gym front things are still going strong. I did manage to get in the final two workouts of week four, and today marks the beginning of week 5 of the first cycle.

On the food front, Fitday has gotten me back on track with the numbers, so I'm going to try leaving it alone for the next two weeks until I'm ready to start Cycle 2. I got on the scale this morning to find a new low of 230--three pounds less than the previous low of 233 two weeks ago.

A couple of my friends are considering joining my gym. Though, I may have turned one of them completely off when I said that I don't really enjoy the gym as a social event...and that I don't spend much time anywhere other than the free weight pit. I think she had visions of fun conversations during leisurely strolls on the treadmill and step-ups using the aerobic step blocks while flailing our arms about and holding fuzzy pink dumbbells. Um, no.

I know she wasn't pleased while listening to me say that she couldn't target the flab on her upper arms or thighs--I mean really, if that were possible, don't you think I would be targeting the hell out of those areas myself? OK, not so much my whole thigh as just the upper-inner thigh, but still. And I definitely would be spending a lot more time doing crunches to shrink up the gut a bit.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Which means I should probably go and do something more productive...so back to studio purging for me.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 23:35

BF:
Default BRx C1/W5/D1

Gym stuffs: Chest and Bis
Weights
- Dumbbell Bench Press 2x20x15, 3x6x35
- Incline Press 2x16x30, 3x5x70
- Flex Flyes 2x20x40, 3x6x90
- Hammer Curls 2x20x12.5, 2x5x27.5, 1x4x27.5
- Preacher Curls 2x20x20, 2x6x45, 1x5x45
notes:
Increased weight for bench press today, and will have to do the same next week as I just blasted right through the 35 pound dumbbells. Also, up on the flyes next week.

I'm not sure what happened with the incline press, but I just didn't seem to have as much strength there. I had to drop back on the warm-up weight to compensate.

In other news, I actually managed to finish cleaning my studio today. w00t! I have so many shoot ideas running through my head that I don't even know where to start now. *happy sigh*
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 00:38
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%
Smile Hey Dex

I like the photos, I think I like the bench one the best.

I've been focusing on cardio, but I really should still be lifting a couple of times per week. Gotta add that back in.

I do wonder sometimes about the socializing at the gym. Well, not so much wonder as "become annoyed by." One gal was strolling on her treadmill and yapping in her cellphone for half an hour. And when people stop, sit on the machines and benches, and have big ol' conversations! Go to the cafe and have a shake, people! Don't occupy things that I'm here to use!!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 11:09

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

New post, same place. LOL

I almost hate to say this (because in some people, the name alone causes a violent hurling reaction) but the pictures remind me of the Blair Witch Project. Not sure why. I guess I haven't seen very many B&W altered images lately. The bench pic kind of has a supernatural feel to it. Maybe there is some other movie that I'm thinking of too...can't place the name. Oh well. My little sister is a photographer too. She doesn't get this funky though, and I think she likes playing with color. I haven't seen her stuff lately.

Last edited by zandria72 : Tue, Jun-17-03 at 15:59.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 23:47

BF:

Michael and I went for a nice walk this evening on the grounds of a nearby park. I briefly considered going to the gym afterwards, but my head is being uncooperative on that front. The last of my wisdom teeth is making another futile push for the surface and has the entire right side of my head throbbing, and my neck feels like it'scaught in a vise. *sigh*

I think I might go dig a sugar-free fudgesicles out of the freezer and retire to the bed to numb my gums and take in a DVD.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 14:40

BF:

Well, that was...um, different.

I lost track of the message board that I stumbled across a few weeks back that had people actively discussing Body Rx. In an effort to find it again, I did a little Googling...and while sifting through the search results, ended up on a white supremacy message board where the merits and drawbacks of low-carbing were being discussed by people trying to create sparks by rubbing their last two brain cells together. The site was at something like stormfront.org--I didn't really make note, because I just wanted to hightail it out of there.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 01:10

BF:

Argh. I had to let the gym stuff fall to the wayside for most of the week. The pain I was experiencing in my neck turned out to be a pinched nerve, so I've been pretty much useless.

Also, things at home are pretty craptastic right now. But, I'm not going to go there. Bitching about it won't fix any of it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on track this week. *sigh*