Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 18:26

Plan: zone
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well, I found someone else in the USA using lasers to lower blood sugars (on the internet that is). Of course, if he also started low carbing at the same time, that could explain the dramatic change in blood sugars. FWIW, here is a "testimonial" from a laser therapy site. I think this is a different type laser than Erchonia.

http://www.laserinformation.com/custom/cp1.html#Pain

"Diabetes.
I have experienced diabetes most of my adult life. In January of this year, my doctor gave 1 month to get my blood sugar count down (254) or she was going to start me on insulin. I wasn't much interested in insulin as everyone I knew that had started on it was now dead. I started lasering my pancreas with the Q1000 laser for one 3-minute session per day. During the first week, my blood sugar counts (as tested on two different machines) dropped about 20 points per day. I kept lasering every day, but my blood sugar count started going up. I called Dr. Lytle and he indicated that I had probably "gone over the top of the bell curve" and to only laser every other (or 3rd) day. I backed off to lasering 2 or 3 times per week, and my blood sugar counts have now stablized - without any additional treatment methods - at 135. Robert Rumph, MT"
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 16:01

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Cool Lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethschein
I just found this site. I've been on a modified Atkins diet since January and feel great!

I use a laser for all sorts of troubles with good results. I got one from Radio Shack at my therapist's suggestion. She and her husband (a chiropractor) have used the lasers for years. Then she started using one at exactly 635nm that seemed stronger and has an adjustable beam that you can make wider to cover larger areas. I don't want to be accused of spamming, or I'd say how to contact my therapist to buy one. If you want more info check my profile and contact me privately.

Bethschein....I am just comming across your message from awhile ago but you mention a laser you can get, that has a wider scope than the one from Radio shack...I am interested...see my profile..to email me. Thnks.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:58
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I, too am interested, I did try to pm, but couldnt get it thru.. so would love info.. My co worker Massage therapist just mentioned this treatment to me in an email the other day, so I was surprised to see this thread.

I will be studying this some more.. and checking out where to 'get' a laser, to begin working on myself with this.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 14:57

Plan: Atkins/person plan
Stats: 298/275/240 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Wow...was just checking out the threads...this is really interesting....I think it calls for more info for sure. Wondering if Radio Shack up in Canada might carry the laser?

Happy
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 21:21

BF:
Progress:
Talking cold lasers

well i have done alot of research on laser therapy....there are really good ones out there for a couple of thousand dollars...but I was just wondering what the deal is with the smaller ones....probably just not as effective or strong i guess....i mean if its a pinpoint laser then it wouldnt be that powerful...if you used it on your pancreas for sugar metabolism then you would most certainly have to know where you were pointing. Anyway one way or another, I am investing in one. Its excellent for so many important things....and I dont think it will be long before its off the market for the general public. I am doing real well on Atkins, i feel good, thats the point, so i move more often......yea! what the heck is sugar alcohol ?
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein & Atkins
Stats: 262/246/170 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Where would you buy a Q1000 laser and how do you get trained on using it?

I presume that soon it will be unlawful to buy one.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 05:44

BF:
Progress:
Cool Q1000 Laser

http://www.cihs.ca/Products/Lasers/Q1000.htm This is the link for the Q1000. I think they can tell you about the training, I have that question too, I'm just about to undergo kidney surgery, so I wont have time for a month to finish my research. Thor is another company, I think they are more expensive, but look okay, I need to compare the specs before I can decide. The Erchonia laser is the other one worth looking at. http://www.erchonia.com/pages/lasers.html It is not unlawful to buy lasers.
Be well.+++++
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 21:30
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein & Atkins
Stats: 262/246/170 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thank you. I hope all goes well with your surgery and healing, and you will posting soon!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-12, 17:15

Plan: diabetic
Stats: 74/74/77 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress:
Default Cold Laser Therapy for My Daughter

My daughter, 11, was just diagnosed with Type 1 3 weeks ago. It has been a whirlwind and not the fun kind. We have dealt with other issues with our 2 boys so our belief from the onset was that we were going to find a way to get her off of insulin. We've already started cold laser treatments. My boys were getting CL for their auditory issues and when I read up on how it can help diabetes I asked our therapist if we could use it for Megan. She agreed but hasn't ever treated for this. Luckily, she has a laser that has all 3 lights, red, infared and purple which from what I understand, is very good. The problem is she has 1200 settings and many subsettings within each setting. For now. we are treating using the 'quantam' setting. I've heard that there is some belief that type 1 starts in the liver. If so, should we add milk thistle to her diet? I've also read that she should be using colloidal silver, grape seed extract. We do not have any genetic history so we are going on the theory that this is a virus or autoimmune. So that being the case shouldn't we also add lyseine and possibly acidophilus? How long should we do the laser? Meg is 74lbs 4'11". Right now we are only doing 5 min 3-4/week. She's already gotten her BS #'s down by an average of 85 points. Any suggestions? I also read that there is some belief that type 1 is a result of an Enteric Virus (in the intestines, thus the acidophilus). I'm so excited I found this thread. Thank you all for posting....
Karen