Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 16:46
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 184.5/182.3/150
BF:39/39/25
Progress: 6%
Default Went off program this weekend... and appreciate CAD so much more now!!

I'm confessing: I ate like a pig this weekend.

I have no one to blame but myself!

Saturday was the first day I've been off program, although eating wise I didn't really pig out too much, I did eat carbs at two meals....

Then on Sunday I made a new cookie recipe and tried too many! Then went to a Christmas party and pigged out!

But I'll tell you one thing... I never want to stray again. Last night I felt so crappy... I was hungry for the first time since I started CAD, bloated, icky, and just gross... won't give you all the gory details.

So although I was bummed that I screwed up, I'm kind of happy, because I learned to appreciate this way of life after all.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Emily
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 17:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/269/130
BF:started Nov 30 '02
Progress: 9%
Smile

Hi Emily,
I too strayed this weekend - it was an emotional reaction of sorts to dealing with ex-stress, but I also made banana bread - which is something I love. After it was over I realized that I like eating low carb and intend to stick with it even more so now - I regained 3 pounds and am furious at myself. Nothing I ate (well, the oranges) was really worth getting out of ketosis I have so much weight to lose and of course I want it now, but will have to wait.
Thanks for venting - hang in there, I am. Have a good low carb recipe for barbeque chicken??

TAKE CARE
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 14:08

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/175/135
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi Rox and Tricia -

Just want to say that I too cheated over the weekend!! MADE cookies and more cookies and ATE cookies and more cookies!!! And then had pizza on top of it!!

I totally agree in that I felt so miserable afterwards!! Just tired and a general all-over crappy feeling. Amazing that I felt that way ALL OF THE TIME before I went on CAD.

What would we all do without it?!

#4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 16:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/269/130
BF:started Nov 30 '02
Progress: 9%

It must have been a hard weekend for everyone. Am back on track today and have been good for two days straight - should be back in ketosis tomorrow - yeah!