Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 23:25

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Check in:
Weight - holding at 131.

I'm trying to cut back on the amount of food I eat. I've eliminated eating anything after dinner. Bad habit.

I also ate less for breakfast and lunch today. My daughter called last night and suggested I could be skinny again if I worked like I used to. 8+ hours a day in the garden, digging ditches, splitting wood, milking goats, packing water in a bucket to a LOT of animals, rain, shine or blizzard. Any housework that got done was just extra. I don't need to eat the elephant anymore. I need to remember that.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I have to admit my motivation is so low right now. I want to eat everything I see at all the holiday parties and weigh less.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 12:34
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking

Your motivation should be which little black dress you will wear on New Year's Eve.(you know, the one you couldn't wear last year because you had extra weight ) You are doing FANTASTIC!!! Don't give into that fat causing, unhealthy food.(Unless you want to consider it your RM.) We all feel your struggle with all the good holiday goddies. Just think, this time next year, you will be strong, healthy and thin. You will be sooooo glad that you didn't eat those things. Hang in there gal. We are all here for you.

Be strong,
Amy
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 14:00
Registered Member

thanks Amy, I'm starting to get my confidence in the program and myself again and will start over right now.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 15:13

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Nawchem

One thing to remember about this woe - we don't start tomorrow, we start with the next bite.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Still no weight change. 185 I am having my RM around 1-2 today. I have been very hungry for a good sandwich and bag of chips. I am going to change RM time to see if this helps the scale move. We are going out of town this weekend and will be at 2 parties in the same day. Not sure how to handle this. Have a great day.
Breakfast: Eggs and bacon
Lunch: Sandwich piled with meat, cheese, and veges., chips and??
Dinner: leftover corned beef and cabbage
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 11:33
Registered Member

thanks for your encouragement yesterday. i was having a little hormone problem. I actually ended up sticking to the plan!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 16:12
Registered Member

So far so good today. I decided to start the entry plan, since I'm just starting with CAD. I had 2 CMs, did a 3 mile walk and can't wait for RM!

I can't believe its almost Christmas and I haven't put on a bunch of weight this year. I think I've eaten the most junk food ever.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 20:03

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default ME TOO!

I HAVE EATEN CHOCOLATE TO MY HEARTS DESIRE AND I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT!!!!This is better than losing weight. It iS a miracle.

I will get better about dessert but for now.......i'll maintain.

today for dessert i had 3 carrot cake, cup cakes . It was not as good as i remembered on a binge.i actually wanted to throw up.
i really wanted tarts but, i was able to get the cup cakes instead, i know now i'll only have WHAT I REALLY WANt!!!!!!!!!

WELL, weight wise i lost 2 pounds and gained back half or all of it, but i don'tcare....why (1)cause i am having what i really want and it has not been CARROTS , AND (2) I weight 174 at evenings after dinner( i have lunch RM's) and a full day of eating and 174 in the mornings on an empty stomach, so i know something good is happening i just can't see progress with a scale
Today i felt much skinner than yesterday, so......i am not obessing over the weight thing........

have a nice friday.........
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 10:12

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Question Fiber

Silly question:

Does eating extra fiber make you more hungry?

I assume I could do the simple math that if you "release more" (I hate using the BM expression) your body would need more ie: food.

Last night I had a lot of greens. This moring I was ravenous. I would definately not say that the greens made me crave like other foods I know do (potatoes, some bread). It was definately major hunger pains this a.m.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Julie
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 11:21

Plan: Atkins, CAD, Atkins
Stats: 160/136.5/125
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hope you don't mind if I come in at the end of the week. I really hope you'll continue this every week because I think it's a neat way to keep honest!

I've rededicated myself to this after a minor wagon fall, and so far so good. This week was a really good one, even through holiday cookies and stuff. I'm down again after a horrid gain and I even hit 136.5 again. I was at 134 for a couple of days a month or so back, so I'm really hoping that it will happen again soon. I think I'll probably have a 1 pound loss when I weigh in on Sunday (end of my week). I was 139 on average last week, but this week I've really been right around 137 or 138 for most of the week. Keeping fingers crossed after corn chip mania last night.

My biggest challenge is going to be the party tomorrow night, which is a stand up and eat chili and corn bread type party, and which I know will be mainly folks standing around juggling drinks. I have a bad tendency to want to sip chardonney all evening when I'm at these things. I rarely go over two glasses, but for some reason I like to stretch it out so I have something in my hand.. I know it sounds odd but it's just a party thing I do. I'm trying to think of something I can have in my hands instead but everything else sounds dumb and water really, REALLY is boring. Has anyone tried those flavored soda waters and are they acceptable, do you think?

best,
Joanie
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 12:21
Registered Member

Julie, for me it does make my stomach feel emptier the next day. But its in a healthy way.

Joanie, I'm so glad you got back on the program and during the toughest time of theyear.

I think your gonna have to keep motivated to see the scale move down. Its not so bad any other diet I can think of you couldn't drink, so limiting to one hour and still expecting a weight loss is really amazing. I love sparkling waters, there are some that are sweetned with AS-a no no but I think are ok once in a while.

Just keep thinking about seeing the weight loss you want this week, you're almost there.
Nancy
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: lc
Stats: 130/128/110 Female 5'1"
BF:33%
Progress: 10%
Default I'm gonna DO this!

Hi!

Just want to introduce myself and join in.

It seems nothing else seems to work for me like CALP does..... (see my post in the thread titled: Hi All ) ... and I just gotta say that reading this forum has sure helped me lately with confidence of sticking with this plan!

Thanks!

Last edited by Moi : Sat, Dec-21-02 at 09:41.