Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 19:17

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default The day started well, but

Up until dinner, I was doing great ... about 8 carbs and less than 1000 cals. Then, my sons and I went out to the local chicken restaurant (St. Hubert's). I did well by saying no to the dipping sauce and ordering a caesar salad (no croutons) instead of fries or rice or whatever. But after that, I didn't do so well. Had 4 BBQ chicken wings as an appetizer (no sauce), and ordered chicken and ribs. So far so good, but then I had a small (less than 1/2 cup) serving of coleslaw (vinegar-type dressing) and a cappuccino to end it all. I was shocked when I entered my totals into Fitday ... I had eaten way more carbs and cals than I thought I had.

I think my problem was that it was almost 8:00 by the time we ate, and I was really hungry by then. At least my carb count was less than 30 for the day, but I've been trying to keep it at around 20.

Oh, well, tomorrow is another day and a fresh start. And I'm not going to count this as a cheat because I didn't know that I was exceeding my carb count ... I thought that I would pretty close to 20 grams of carbs. To my mind, it's only a cheat if you knowingly exceed your planned limits.

Next time we're out, I won't order ribs or touch the coleslaw ... my counts would have been fine if I'd done that tonight.

Last edited by slimmin : Tue, Oct-01-02 at 19:22.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 21:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%

Hey Everyone

It looks like we all had a great day. Thats awesome. Slimmin I really don't think that you could call today a cheat. Sometimes it's a good idea to mix up the amount of carbs you have each day. You will be fine.

I had a great day eating and I had a good day exercising too!! So I can feel the power with everyone. We are strong and have a committment to be healthy.

Have a great low carb day
Sonja
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 21:16

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up A good day!

Thank you Alena and Sally!!!

Had a good day today...worked out, had a hotlink and a carb solutions bar for lunch and stuffed mushrooms for dinner. YUUMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!

Star
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 01:30

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

B) scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, and green onion.
L)none..it was more like brunch
D) 10 chicken wings, fried broccoli slaw in butter, mixed green salad with blue cheese dressing, Ross' 3 carb chocolate bar
S) peice of leather steak... and a hamburger patty.

It was a pretty good day of eating..I still need to drink a liter of water before bed tho...Ugh...I'm working on it...I chose to eat the chocolate bar because I worked at a different house, where they have dessert everynight...I did not want to feel deprived at all, so I prepared myself with a bar...Maybe I should not have eaten it, since I have gone back to induction, but I don't consider it a cheat.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 05:19

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

still not up to eating much but am trying to get my water in and for some reason (now don't be shocked) but I just don't want anything not even water. I kinda have a sick stomach this morning and it could be the antibiotics that I am on. Hopefully all this will soon be over with.
Bob does seem to be feeling better much less coughing.
Slimmin, I don't think I would count what you did as a cheat but one thing (as you said) it was late when you got to eat, now I have to make sure I don't get too empty or I do the very same thing you do. Hang in there today is a new day.

Anita: You are doing so great. Great ideal (I think) about taking alone a treat, why feel deprived. I think you may have saved yourself froma big cheat.

Sonja, all powered up and getting ready for that next date YOU GO GIRL.. So happy for you and your determination.

Star, Star what a beautiful woman that just all I can say....

Everyone have a great no cheat day. GOOD LUCK JOAN
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 05:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Hi ya all

Well, I ate well yesterday, quiche, steak and green onions fried with a little red pepper and alot of butter, salmon bisque and a snack of ham, eggs and a little hollandaise sauce (at 10 at night, love this WOL). I drank my water. So I had my first no cheat day or successful day!!!!!!!!!
Slimin, you are counting calories to keep them down? ATkins wants you to eat fat to curb your hunger. That will bring your count up in calories, but will stop the hungry monsters, or as I call them the gremlins that lead you down the path of distruction and then giggle at you from the top of the path. You could definitly have gone further astray, I know I've done the full round the world path trip. LOL
Well I didn't get my shopping done yesterday, so today I have to.
See you all soon
Jo-Ann
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 07:59

Default thanks for the support

Thanks for all the support, it has helped me put yesterday into its proper perspective.

As for counting calories ... I don't count them to keep them low ... I average about 2100/day (much more than 10X my body weight), but I exercise 6 days/week for at least an hour, so I'm burning up about 2700 cals/day. I track the cals to make sure that I don't have a deficit of more than 1000 cals. Even yesterday, I burned off about 300 more cals than I ate. I am much more concerned about tracking carbs than cals ... it's just that with fitday, you can't track one without the other
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 08:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi slimin

Excuse me while I take my foot out of my mouth, gee, I think I have both of them in there, LOL. I guess I've seen so many people lower their calories and then not understand why they aren't loosing weight.
Got my grocery shopping done, wow a good bill this week, alot of stuff on sale in the meat and cheese department. So of course I stocked up.
Off for lunch now.
Jo-Ann
P.S. I'm drinking my water.
P.P.S. I prefer not to count the total number of days I am "cheat free". This is probably one of the reasons this feels like a competition to some. I prefer to just play this one day at a time, therefore I can start again tomorrow if I have a moment of weakness, no shame envolved, just a recommitment to come back. One day is an accomplishment for me. So, can I still play if I don't add up the days? Why yes, this is to be fun not torcher. I am woman, I am strong. Oh, how did this become a novel, LOL.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 09:51

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi -
Of course I had to join this thread with all my buddies!

COUNT ME IN!

Vicki
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 10:44

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Good morning everyone ....

I'm glad to seee that everyone made it through the day yesterday ... and WELCOME VICKY!!!!! Glad you decided to stop in ..

Quote:
....I prefer not to count the total number of days I am "cheat free". This is probably one of the reasons this feels like a competition to some. I prefer to just play this one day at a time, therefore I can start again tomorrow if I have a moment of weakness, no shame envolved, just a recommitment to come back. One day is an accomplishment for me. So, can I still play if I don't add up the days? Why yes, this is to be fun not torcher.

Joann ... One day at a time is the way to do it .. and no there's nothing to say that you HAFTA total the number of days .. Oh my goodness ... this is supposed to be fun ... that's why there's NO real rules involved - none, nodda, nothing.. ... and these "NoCheat" threads have been set up only for more internal support other than the wonderful support that everyone already gives .. Booboo's should never involve shame .. and everyone in here will back me up on that statement .. they always happen ...

Anyway .. glad to see that everyone had a good day yesterday .. and There seems to be alittle confusion by a few people .. that I would truly like to set straight ...

THIS IS IN NO WAY A COMPETITION ... IT IS SET UP FOR FUN, AND EXTRA SUPPORT ... The Extent of Competition is within your own minds ... Please don't look at it as something to set up a "fail" or "succeed" .. as that is not the purpose of this thread or any other challenges around .. We want everyone to create support friendships, and to understand that NOone is perfect, and there will be times when we slip and fall, but there is someone there to pick us up and brush us off .. and when we DO have a good day, everyone in the thread will be there to give that extra pat on the back that some of us so truly need....

Okay .. now that I got that out of my system, everyone have a great LC day, and we'll talk again later ...
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 11:22

Plan: General Lowcarbing
Stats: 188/185/150
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default First No Cheat Challenge

Haven't posted since joining, but have been doing good so far!! Maybe this will actually help me stay more motivated....first month (Aug.) lost 13 lbs, but Sept. didn't lose any. Obviously too many cheats!! Anyhow, weighed in yesterday at 174.5 and hoping to lower that by Halloween!! Just started taking the L-Glutamine yesterday.

Br. Coleslaw with mayo & splenda
3 pieces bacon

Lunch. 2 big & tastys from MCD (no bun)

Dinner. Hearty Beef & Barley Soup (originally posted by Josie)

Snack: Diet Rootbeer with 2 tb. cream
3-4 meatballs

And am happy so far because haven't eaten even one nibble of kids' cereal or junk food. (actually posted that I wanted to join and then wandered into kitchen....absent mindedly put bite of kid's cereal in mouth and realized what I was doing....SO I SPIT IT OUT!) Haven't gone near that cereal since!!

Roche
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 12:34

Default desperate times need desperate measures

I was really busy at work, and missed lunch. Then I had to go out and run an errand. Needed something to eat (if I don't eat, I get headaches). What to do? No time to go to a restaurant, the cafeteria here would be closed by the time I got back. My solution? ... I bought one of those little rotisserie chickens and sat in my car and ate about 2/3 of it (most of both breasts and 1 drumstick - no thighs, etc.) It was really good, but I can't believe that I ate that much !

Tonight I'll have a large caesar salad ... and very little protein ... I've probably already had enough for the day! So far today I've only had 4 carbs ... the caesar salad should up that number though.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 14:02

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Sally

I am in a competition with the chocolate cake monster, but never in competition with anyone else !

Slimmin-great job! I am finding that I feel liek dog poop if I dont eat enough

I love this thread and this forum. We are all here for ENCOURAGMENT only--no competitions, no battles. Just fun and advice and a cheering section!!!

WOO HOO GO EVERYONE GO!
Vicki
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 14:17

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default I'm good...

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted since I joined this either, but I've been doing good. I actually feel like since I joined in that I'm remembering as I open the fridge or pantry that I am more committed this month, more than the last one that's for sure!

I kind of liken LC'ing to spending money. The inner struggle can be quite similar for me. Maybe for many. I feel like my carb limit is my money and I can choose to spend it or not. I've come to really like the term "splurge" instead of cheat because it is for me like splurging to buy something I don't NEED, just want.

Since joining this thread I've taken a deeper look at what I might splurge on, why and when. Night eating is my weakest point. My hubby and son go to bed at the same time (hubby reads and then gets up really early) and then it's like my own party time! WOO HOO!!! Sometimes I can hear Dr. Phil talking to someone about having a "party in their mouth". THAT ME! Not this month though!!!

I am so greatful that I found this website. Thanks to everyone that is supportive. Sometimes I feel like it's the only place I get any support from anyone.

This is going to be a GREAT month!!!

Carianne
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default Hey all~

Hi everyone in this challenge~ Just wanted to say hello, wish all success in their endeavor this month~ I am on day #13 of Induction, the time has just flew by... I think that I am going to stay on it for awhile longer, and take some ppl's advice on here and start a journal at fitday.com,or check it out at least~ I always journal what I eat and keep track of calories,proteins,carbs,fat, and on this Induction period I am allowing myself the self-indulgence of not keeping exact track, knowing I'm not cheating & am sticking to Induction.Reading about tho, I see the importance of keeping track of the right ratio of protein/carbs/fat and do not want to do anything to slow down or stall my weight loss.
I wanted to say I don't see this as a challenge with anyone else, but ONLY with myself... and I won't compare my success or God forbid, defeats..and even tho there "may" be some along the line somewhere...I am trying to battle the emotional eating when it rears it's ugly head... maybe a better word than defeats, would be roadbumps... because it is not a failure unless I fail to try,as the saying goes. And since Miss KaeLyn has woken prematurely from her nap, I must go for now~ wishing all here a great day and all that jazz~ y'all truly are wonderful~!!