Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 420?/325/2 Female 69"
BF:75/70.8/28
Progress:
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally posted by GNCLCGirl
Hi I am new. I am not promoting GNC. But i do work there. I have been there for 5 years. I am taking 2 nutrition courses. If I can help in anyway let me know. Supplements are up my ally. btw 2out 8 customers in my store are Atkins.

Hi.I read your post this morning and am hoping that you can help me...
I am looking to purchase l-carnitine 500mg but I was told that they cant ship to Canada.They told me to ship it to a friend in the states and then have the friend mail it to me in Canada,but I dont know anyone in the states.
I would also like to get a vitamin that is good for low carb dieting.
Thanks 2much
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 19:19

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%

I went to The Vitamin Shoppe for the first time today. They're having a 50% off all Vitamin Shoppe brand products until April 30. I got a really good multivitamin similar to Atkins' brand for $10.48 (retail price $20.95). 100 tablets- 1 taken daily. They have lots of locations around the US (not sure about Canada). If you go to their site The Vitamin Shoppe you can search for store locations, or buy vitamins and stuff online. Their prices are 20%-70% off everyday. Over all it was a very good store and the staff were helpful and knowledgeable.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 05:14

Plan: cross between Atkins & Neaderthin
Stats: 175/155/120
BF:
Progress: 36%
Exclamation www.vitacost.com

I have had my vities delivered for over a year now from www.vitacost.com They are fast, reliable, and they have the BEST packing job I have ever seen. They also have a HUGE inventory for all of us low carbers. Happy shopping!!!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 07:50
Registered Member

Stats: 198/172/165 Female 6'
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi

My dh and I buy online through Puritan's Pride. Try a search for it. You can buy one, and get one free....sometimes they have specials where you can buy one and get 3 free......and they give out coupons, too.

The price is reasonable, I think.

Bonnie
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:18

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Vitamin World

Vitamin World has stores all over the place, not sure if they are on-line as well. I belong to both the GNC and VW clubs and primarily utilize the the VW in-store sale every month or so. All the store brand stuff is at least 30% off at that time and you get a coupon mailed to your house worth 50% off anything in the store after a purchase (at least I have). Their prices are usually far below other stores as they are the manufacturer as well, at least they say they are. I use a powdered mix that contains most of what I was taking in the form of lots of pills every day, it is called Super All Day Nutricom. Simply mix with a glass of water and drink it down, two carbs in it I believe. I have been to other stores but none seem to sell a comparable product for the price and most don't sell a powder at all. I then supplement with extra minerals in pill form.

Last edited by Bayrat : Tue, Oct-28-03 at 18:19.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 18:54

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Just checked, they do have a great on-line store. Lots on sale it seems as well, here is the address;

http://www.vitaminworld.com/index.a...B70880CB4BDEA74
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 11:55

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

I can't take credit for this website, I read a post on here recently where someone mentioned this place.

doctorstrust.com

I don't know how good they are BUT they have been the cheapese place I've found online. I looked up several items and checked their prices.

I use to buy from puritanspride.com however this new website is even cheaper than them.

Items I priced are
L-Carnitine
L-Glutamine
Chromium
Coq10
Milk Thisle
Grapeseed extract
5-htp
magnessium
Potassium
CLA

Deana
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:46

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%
www.nutripro.com is a good website. I've found some great deals on supplement but not sure about vitamins.

-Aims

Last edited by TXAimee : Wed, Jan-28-04 at 16:49.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:52
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

http://www.iherb.com/index.html

I've ordered supplements from the above site with satisfaction. Good prices, too.

Jen
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 04:45
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

I'll third www.vitacost.com I found them when I was searching for low cost Atkins stuff and now I buy most vitamins, supplements, etc from them. Great selection, low prices, very good service.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 22:19
Registered Member

Stats: 281/243.2/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default supplements

Vitaminshoppe.com is awesome and very reliable for LC items. They have a 4-pack of Atkins shakes for $4.13, that is better than anything I've seen anywhere. Also, go to their home page, they have online coupons that covers the already nominal shipping charges.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 14:48
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'll 4th the www.vitacost.com !!!!!!!!!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 14:41

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Great vitamin site!

I use these guys a lot, and they're having 70% off all vitamin sale! Awesome prices!

www.vitamins.com

LL
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 05:22

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

TOMUCHTOG1...we do have l-carnitine 500mg in Canada...i live in Montreal and we have it in our Natural Product stores and i found some in Loblaw...ive bought some and its made by Quest...if i recall its about $25...

Ok now for my question to anyone out there...yes living in Canada is a bit harder to get any kind of pills or vitamin...they are extremely strick on any kind of products that comes in here...ive asked on this web page numerous times where can i find: Realcore or Relora....I have Fibro but not so bad cause i control it with the Watercure..(seasalt great stuff) but seems that realcore has worked for a lot of others with fibro...i still power walk, bike and all cause i refuse to stop...

Ive call loads of stores in Canada and GNC also wont bring it in from USA...

Does anyone out there know a place in Canada that has Realcore?

thanks you in advance...

Lan