Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 12:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i am starting cad tomorrow!!

hi, i am new to this forum, i am not so new to cad. i tried it twice before as i know i am a carb addicted, but i just couldnt control my reward meal. this time i will. i have been switching from somersizing and ww for a while. i lose weight on weight watchers but i am hungry alot and i spend the majority of my pts on carbs. i need to get this under control once and for all, i think i can handle 2 meals of protiens and veggies, and one reward meal with no in between snacks. i am gonna start this tomorrow for the last time. this has to be my way of eating for life. i also have another addiction i am hoping to control with this eating plan. i like to have weekend alcoholic drinks. i am looking forward to starting this and getting to know all of you better, oh and i need to find some success stories on cad, to keep me motivated.

thanks .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 17:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.5/183.5/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up Best wishes, willbthin!

As a former Weight Watcher, I too spent most of my points on carbs.

The nice thing about CAD is that you know you can have those carbs at one meal a day. That seems to cut down on cravings for me anyway.

I wish you the best!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 14:14

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default CAD/CALP

You can do this.

Two things I can think of that might help.

Keep a journal. Write down everthing. Not just what you eat, but anything else that is going on in your life. Exercise, stress, even your mood can play an important part in your health.

Prepare yourself. Stock up on lots of LC Veggies, and all of your favorite LC foods. When you find yourself craving something you will be ready to feed yourself something LC and healthy.

I find that I do best by not skipping meals. I make better choices if I am not very hungry. You know that old adage?........... Don't grocery shop when you are hungry? Same thing with feeding yourself! LOL

Success stories? This website is full of people who can't begin to say enough about their LC way of life. Be sure to read up on other LC areas of this site. Atkins has some wonderful threads going and I have sure learned a lot from non CALP folks who do LC.

Best wishes,
Libby
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 17:15

BF:
Default i dont really think i am a carb addict

i know, i am doing a 180, first i want to thank you for your time in answering me.

i had lost weight on ww before, just eating the foods i enjoy, i have to admit i was hungry, but that, i found out now, is because i did spend most of my pts on carbs. i just think, that those are the foods, i enjoy eating, even as a kid i would trade my cheeseburgers for my brothers french fries. i never had a weight problem till after i had my daughter at age 30. i am 37 now. i just have to find a balance at my meals. i cant just have an all carb meal, i cant just have an all protein meal. see, if i eat the low carb way, i am full longer but i wind up over eating anyway later on in the day, because the protien meals i am eating are not what i really want to eat. i am not a real big meat eater, i dont like fish and i was adding fat and calories in things i normally ate more healthy other wise, just cause you can on high protein diets. like, i do like eggwhites and just cooking them in pam spray, but when i am on a protien diet, i fry whole eggs in butter.

i am just want to eat from all food groups in the proper portions. so although i do believe in the theory of protien plans, they just arent for me. i do appreciate all responses and advice, and wish everyone success, but hopefully i have learned my lesson about protein plans for me.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 01:01

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Good Luck

Everyone is different and I truly hope that you find out what works for you.

If you decide to try a LC diet we will always be here to lend a hand if you need it.

Best wishes,
Libby
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 11:55
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hello: I want to welcome you too. This is my second week on CAD, last week I lost an averge of 1 pound, but I have been going to too many weekend's parties, and I have been not too good when it comes to that extra glass of wine. I told my housband that I was going to no more parties until at least labor day, so I won't be put on the spot again.

There is a daily menu posting in this area, you may want to post what you eat every day and compare with everyone else.

Good luck to you and keep in touch

#7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 12:22

BF:
Smile thanks so much guys

thank you libby, it is nice to know i am welcomed back if i ever get my act together and finally get off this roller coaster ride.

thank you wanda , that is my problem to , i have been going to alot of social things, mostly though it is just freinds hangin out having weekend drinks , swimming , ya know just summer stuff.

thanks for the menu info, i got rid of all my lowcarb sites except this one. who knows?? today, i am counting wwpts. i dont have very many left for dinner as i spent some of mcdonalds food with my daughter. i want to be able to just learn how to not binge eat and stay in control.

i really do like the cad plan cause you do get to eat a decent well balanced meal everyday. but alot of the days, i cant go all days without the carbs and then i want my reward meal for lunch, then by dinner i just want to eat what my family eats, you know the reg balanced meal of carbs protiens and veggies. i swear my mind is going to explode. i hope i am not hopeless and will finally get this weight off, i am not happy with the way i feel and look right now. something has got to change.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 217.2/179.7/172
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hi,

Don’t know if you still want a reply but I found your post when I searched for CAD people.

If you want an inspirational story. then I can tell you ive happily lost over 30 pounds this way.

the CAD is great because it cuts out the hunger and you can still have your carbs in the reward meal.

What helped me was I decided to commit to it 100% for just one week. then I got on a roll (no pun intended) And it feels so good now to be slimmer - bought a Pair of 34 size trousers (from 37) and a medium sized shirt (from Large) a few weeks ago and strangely enough they are even starting to loosen up now.

I find too that the idea that I can have my reward meal INCLUDING DESSERT!!! I never am tempted to binge either!

Hope it works out for you Keep going!!! I was wondering too about your "other addiction" I think I might have the same thing as you?!?!?!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 06:15

BF:
Default sure i still like responses

hi aussie mike and first off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! i did need to hear a success story. i just think this one is the plan with the least amount of rules, three meals a day, two meals protien and veggies, one meal , a balanced meal within one hr time. sounds so simple. i really would like to commit to this. your idea of committing to this for one week is good , i guess i can try that.

oh my other addiction is to much vodka and club soda drinks at least one or two days a week. if i have to include them in my one hr reward meal then maybe i can limit them. i only drink on the weekends or if it is during the week, it is because company comes over and i just feel like socializing with them. i am currently looking for work, so that is added stress. well, here i go again. thanks again for sharing.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 06:50
Registered Member

BF:
Default GO CAD GO

Hi willbe!

Thats great, If you want to ask me any questions about it etc.. Feel free to post one up and ill get back 2 u ASAP.

By the way where do you live ?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 07:59

BF:

thanks mike, i will. i am from new jersey. kinda near philadelphia.

i just had my reward meal for breakfast, i will see how this works out. thought maybe if i get the carbs out of my system early, i wont think about them the rest of the day. we will see.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 06:13
Registered Member

BF:

How did u go ?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 06:30

BF:

not good, but thanks for asking, i am just hopless and have to realize that no lowcarb plans are for me, i have to learn to limit my carbs and eat them with a balanced meal, with foods from all food groups, something in my head tells me if i dont eat balanced meals, that incluce carbs protiens and veggies or fruits , i feel like i am missing something and am not satisfied with my meals and then later i wind up eating what i was craving anyway. i tried them all , now i just have to find a plan that is healthy and i can keep track of foods i eat from all food groups in the right portions, looks like it will be richard simmons.

i appreciate all responses to me and all the support you people are great. i cant keep yo yo ing, and there fore i have to leave this site so i wont be tempted to try and fail again at low carbing.

thanks soooooo much again.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 07:36
Registered Member

BF:

Hi willbe,

IF you choose to follow a different plan, I hope you find something that works for you.

BUT, None of us are really hopeless, but if we keep telling ourselves we are then, we ARE!!!

The reality is that everybody has choices, and if some things are hard then so be it, it may be hard for a while - doesnt mean it cant be done. It depends on what you are looking for and how important your goal is to you.

In my experience, the CAD was hard for a few days but then my cravings lessened. And after a few weeks i started to notice the results.

I DO wish you the best BUT i want to leave you with but ONE question:

Have you ever already tried the "Balanced Meal Plan" you intend to follow already? and Did it work ?

Bye for now
Mike
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 17:22

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Default Hi

Hi,
I am geting so disgusted with myself. I need to get this diet thing down.
I want to start cad.
Can anyone tell me, what would be a menu, they would eat, on a daily plan. A mock up daily plan. I have read the cad book, but I think it would help me if,someone who has lost weight on cad, would show me one day's eating. or menu.
Thank's, Shirley