Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Finally found it

I am currently being tested for Thyroid problems {results at the end of August}. My morning temp is around 97.3.

Searched high and low and finally found it... well, coconut butter actually, but its the same thing I think. How much do you all take and when?

I lifted 200 lbs on the leg press in last nights workout so wonder what I can do on this stuff

Akiwican
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:55

Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%

Coconut butter should be the same thing.

I take 2 tbsp each morning with my coffee before cardio. Waking temp goes from 96.6 to 97.8 within 20 minutes. After am cardio my temp rises to 98 or above and stays there until bedtime. I take 1 more tbsp with dinner.

I just finished reading a book on coconut oil and it recommended 3 to 4 tbsp per day. I'll find a link to the info on the book and post it later.

Bill
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 16:25

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Akiwi: Way to go on the leg press!

Bill: I'd like to see that info, too. I'm still using coconut milk istead of pure oil until I can find the real McCoy.

Cheers,

Friday
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 18:10

Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally posted by fridayeyes
I'm still using coconut milk istead of pure oil until I can find the real McCoy.

Friday, I bought a couple of cans of coconut milk and I LOVE it. I got DOMS early today.. .it was a pretty intense workout.

Bill, looking forward to more info when you get a chance. I'll keep you posted on my progress {temp wise} Maybe I'll try 2 tbsp a.m. and 2 tbsp p.m. Since I work out at night around 5 pm do you think I should take it before my workout or wait till afterwards... say around bedtime?

Akiwican
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 20:42

BF:

Next week I am going to try a tsp 30 minutes before each workout to see if it helps. I expect it will since last nights workout was great and I am usually starting to struggle toward the end of the week.

Here is a link to The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil this was a fantastic book on coconut oil.

There is volumes of info here coconut oil info

and here

Bill
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 17:25
Registered Member

Plan: 1st ATKINS; now CKD!!
Stats: 208/166/158
BF:
Progress: 84%

Can I get the coconut oil from the grocery store?
If so in what section?

Also when I take it in the morning do I take it with the ECA stack?

thanks
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 05:18

BF:

Hi flyguy, I havn't seen it an any of my local grocery stores. Check the healthfood section or cosmetics that is most likely where it will be. It would be labeled as a skin or hair cream in cosmetics. Be sure and read the label to make sure it is 100% coconut oil with no additives.

When I first started taking coconut oil I was taking thyrolean which is an eca stack and I sure was wired the first few times. I am now not taking the thyrolean. Just the coconut oil and my energy level is still high without being wired up.

Bill
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 09:01

Plan: CKD
Stats: 236/202.5/124
BF:40+%/28%/18%
Progress: 30%
Wink

Hi everyone! I can't hold back, I have to come out of lurk mode!

My name is Josee, and I have been following the posts on this board for months but have been lurkin' around - now it's time to come out of the woods.

After being fed up with being fat and out of shape, I started Atkins in the late part of November 01 and stayed on it for 3 months. It really worked for me as far as getting my bad sugar habit out of the way - coffee and pastries in the morning, ice cream 3 or more times a week! After the initial 3 months I then knew that it was time to hit the gym after a hiatus of about 5 yrs, and thought the best way to break myself back into the weights was with BFL. I stuck with BFL eating and workouts for another 3 months and workouts, which ended in late May. I started a CKD on June 3, and love it. I enjoy low-carb eating but found that my energy level sucked when trying to attempt lifting any weight - thus the CKD attempt. I've lost 13lbs on it so far, and I've lost a net total of about 33 lbs since starting a weight loss program in November (not a lot of poundage, but in terms of how I look, I love looking less than what I weigh ).

I found some cheap coconut butter at iherb.com for only $7.00/per 12.75 oz - it should be arriving this week.

Catch you guys later and I'll soon post my results too!

Jos
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 21:05

BF:

Hi Josee, Thanks for sharing and let us know how the coconut oil works for you.

Tonight I took 1 tbsp of coconut oil 30min before UBWO and I made it through everything with ease. I even followed up with 25min of cardio on the treadmill with energy to spare.

I can't wait until Wednesday and Friday. by Friday nights workout I'm usually straining to get finished.

Hey Zeus, If I skip the weekend carbup and just do coconut oil before each workout what would you call it?

COTKD (Coconut Oil Targeted Ketogenic Diet)

LMAO!
Bill
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 03:16

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

I can't take all this talk of coconut oil!! AArrrgghh, FedEx 'damaged' my shipment in the mail, so they have to resend another, anyways, the whole process is taking far too long, I want my coconut oil now for experimentation! And with all this talk I just can't help but feel left out. I think I need to see a coconut oil therapist.

Some notes with me:
Took tweek for a morning run yesterday(haven't done that before) and, wow, I was unstoppable. Up hills, intervals here and there, tadow, solid run for sure. Too bad I ended up spraining my foot somehow caus' I guess I wan't feeling pain with the tweek and all, adrenalin overload. So now I can't walk at all. Is this my punishment for using fat burners? I hope not.

CKD continues, I get heat everyday from my classmates, 'bring the pink heavy cream today?" (I am using strawberry Whey protein). People totally think I am whacko and have no idea what the hell or why the hell I am doing this CKD thing. I try to explain and peoples faces go blank. Wom't sway me, however. Damn carb eaters......

(BTW By tweek I mean ECA stack, Ripped Fuel in my case. Didn't mean to confuse anyone there)

PS Do you think if you took ECA + Coconut Oil your body would physically melt? just a thought
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 18:32
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Hey Zeus, If I skip the weekend carbup and just do coconut oil before each workout what would you call it?

-I would say you're coco'nuts' for trying that... no, nothing?
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 21:26

BF:

Here's something I had to share with you guys!

Pineapple Pina Colada

1/3 coconut milk
1/3 heavy cream
1/3 SF Pineapple drink mix
Splenda

Shake or blend with crushed ice. Tastes like heaven going down, Hot flush arrives 15 mins later. If you can't find the drink mix, play with some pineapple extract and water or SF pineapple jello until you get what you like.

Cheers,

Friday
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 11:03

Plan: CKD
Stats: 236/202.5/124
BF:40+%/28%/18%
Progress: 30%

Wow - that pineapple coconut concoction sounds yummy!! Thanks for the idea!! BTW, where do you pick up SF pineapple drink mix? I just received my coco shipment today - whoohoo!

Jos
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 12:50

BF:

Look for Pineapple Kool-Aid (hard to find) or Crystal Light. You might have to use a tropical mix instead of just pineapple. Extract is in the baking section and Jello is with... Jello. The Jello tastes just as good, but use it sparingly and remember to add water. I haven't tried letting this jell all the way, but I might!

Cheers,

Friday
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: combination
Stats: 315/263/200
BF:>50?/39/25
Progress: 45%
Default Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate results...

I mixed 4T (60ml) of coconut milk, ~ 3/4 cup water, ~ 2T Saco blended cocoa and splenda. Heat and serve!

Here is the info from the Thai Kitchen brand of coconut milk that I used:

serving size 2 oz (60ml)
servings per container 7
calories 124
total fat 12g
(saturated fat - 7g)
cholesterol 0g
sodium 13mg
total carb 3g
fiber 0g
sugars 1g
protein 1g

Ingredients: coconut milk, guar gum (a natural emulsifier).

The 14 oz can cost me $1.99

The health food store also had a "lite" version of this, which of course had less fat in it - so beware.