Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 01:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Talking greetings, product maker

... from Products Moderator...

I'm very glad to see you here, and VERY glad to see you taking a supportive and interested approach to the viewpoints of our members...

I truly hope you will be able to be an individual contributing member as well! Once you have reached that point, please do feel free to PM me (that's PM for Private Message) and maybe we can talk "shop" offline, as I'm one of the few, known, LC businesses in Canada... so to speak... and am always delighted to bang heads with others of a business-like bent.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 13:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Julee, thank you very much for the suggestions, and thank you for caring what your customers think. When I first smelled it, I thought, "Oh, how nice of them. They're not 'pumping up' the flavors as so many low carb products do so that there's a terrible after taste."

(I use a lot of butter, which I've learned must be at room temperature, and 1 tsp honey, but don't tell anyone.)
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 16:15
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%
Cool FlaxOmeal

Thanks Judi and Alto!
How cool...someone else in the lowcarb business. :-) I'll be in touch on that stuff, Judi, and we can talk shop. And you live in one of my favorite cities, EVER. I'm in Austin, TX where it is STILL hot! :-)
Alto, you're right....we DO care about our customers. 6 months ago this was just an idea. Being sick and tired of being deluded mySELF and watching my customers (I owned a lowcarb store until last week) getting duped by companies with inaccurate carb counts and tiny, tiny serving sizes, I was determined to have reasonable serving sizes and accurate carb counts. Then the trick was to make it taste good, while still using lowcarb and natural products. So far, so good. :-) Anyway, thanks so much for the warm welcome and I hope to hang around here some visitin' with y'all. :-)
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 16:56
Registered Member

Exclamation Flaxie dear....

you have a typo in your web address in your Profile here... it comes up as lowcarsuccess.com Ouch 404!

As you cannot use PM as yet (insufficient posting stats as a new member), perhaps you can click on my www icon below OR on my LCFE logo with all the pretty colours, and hence into my website and my email addy.

I'd really like to pick your brains about source(s) for selected high-quality LC products.... seeing as you're the former owner of a lowcarb store (is there a story there?).

Looking forward to hearing from you (after hours, I'm scrounging on the day job's time right now, shame on me)...
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 10:06
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Low carb stuff

Hi Judi!!
Wow, that is SO weird....don't know why my link is doing that! I'm computer impaired, so it may take me awhile to fix it....LOL. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I would be happy to tell you all I know about running a lowcarb store. I had mine for over a year and it did very well. In the end, I just couldn't be both places at once, so I just sold it 2 weeks ago. I can turn you on to the best wholesalers to order from and anything else you might need to know. What is it that you do, exactly? (concerning lowcarbing, that is)
It's so cool to see all of these lowcarbers on this site!!! Thanks again, Julee
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 17:43
Registered Member

Default hi again, Flaxie

We should probably talk about all that business stuff "offline" so please do give me a dingle (email me) via my webpage (just click on the red white n blue LCFE logo below my signature) cuz it's against policy (saves us all from spammers) to post email addresses on these public webpages.

As for your "error", fixing it is simple: Click on your own Profile icon (at the bottom of any of your posts OR at the top of any of these webpages), and just type inthe letter "b" at the end of the "lowcar_success.com" in your Webpage address box... OK?

Ta for now!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 09:25
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks!!

Judi,
I'll email you about all this stuff, hon. In the meantime I'll pop in here now and again just to say hi to da PEEPS. :-) Happy Lowcarbing, Julee
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 09:38

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Thumbs up Chocolate Flax-O-Meal

At Nat's urging, I'm posting this here after having raved about it in my journal.

I *love* the chocolate flavor cereal! One packet of Splenda and a couple tablespoons of cream, and I'm set for breakfast. I'm not big on "plain" flavors, or "nut" flavors, but chocolate....
:: drooling::

And I agree as an oatmeal fan--this makes a *wonderful* substitute.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 18:14
Registered Member

BF:
Default FlaxOmeal

Hiya Karen!!!
Uh-oh. Although I am pleased that you like the chocolate so much, I am not pleased to have to tell you we are discontinuing that flavor in January. For some reason it just doesn't move like the others, and it's much more expensive to produce. (the best cocoa, etc) You may want to buy out the chocolate flavor from your source, and keep it in the freezer. (it will keep over a year) Or contact me by email and I will try to see what we can do to make sure you are still able to get the chocolate flavor. I love it, too, and was bummed when the partners made the decision. (there are 4 of us, so 3 voted it out....everyone but me, dang it! :-) Anyway, thanks for the nice comments.
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 18:33
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Julee,

I fixed your link, it was missing a "b"

Are you the manufaxturer of flax-o-meal? Or just reseller, re-packager?

Wa'il
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 18:39

Default Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Doesn't that figure; I find something I really, really LIKE and it's being discontinued. Kinda like when you find that one style of bra that's *perfect* for how you're put together--and they stop making it a month later.

Guess I'll be getting as much of my fix as I can while it's still in stock! Thanks for the warning, Julee! Lowcarbmarketplace is gonna LOVE me. LOL
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 22:08

Plan: Metabolic diet
Stats: 310/190/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Flaxomeal, revisited. :-)

Hi Y'all,
To answer your question, I am the creator of the FlaxOmeal Hot Cereal and the founding CEO of the company. In other words, I came up with the idea and gathered up 3 of my unsuspecting friends with amazing business savvy and away we went! :-) My partner Colleen developed the FlaxOmeal Pancake & Waffle Mix....she's a whiz in the kitchen! Our next product....a flax based cookie kit in 3 flavors. (can't tell ya which ones yet, but the research and development sure is fun!!! :-)
And to Karen.... I know what you mean about the BRAS!!! That has happened to me with jeans, too. My very very very favorite jeans are the Zena black stretch bellbottoms, but now I can't get them anymore. Wahhhhhhh!!!!! Hey, I'll trade you some chocolate cereal if you have some Zena bellbottoms!!! LOL
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee :-) (thanks for fixing my url, too :-)
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 22:53
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Flaxomeal, revisited. :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by lost120lbs
Hi Y'all,
To answer your question, I am the creator of the FlaxOmeal Hot Cereal and the founding CEO of the company. In other words, I came up with the idea and gathered up 3 of my unsuspecting friends with amazing business savvy and away we went! :-) My partner Colleen developed the FlaxOmeal Pancake & Waffle Mix....she's a whiz in the kitchen! Our next product....a flax based cookie kit in 3 flavors. (can't tell ya which ones yet, but the research and development sure is fun!!! :-)

Hi Julee,

Sounds like a success story, and glad to have an LC manufactrer in our midst!

Wa'il
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 19:34

Thumbs up Cinnamon-Spice is Tasty!

While it's certainly *not* my chocolate-flavor cereal I have come to love every morning, the cinnamon-spice flavor is *very* tasty. I'll be buying it regularly, I promise.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-01, 20:06

Plan: Metabolic diet
Stats: 310/190/150
BF:
Progress:
Default FlaxOmeal

Yep, the chocolate is outta here! :-) The cinnamon is the best seller so far. I love the butter pecan in meatloaf or to use as bread crumbs even in salmon patties. Nothing wrong with more butter flavor in things, right??? :-) And the pecan pieces just add to it.
Happy Holidays....
Julee