Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 04:32

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 220/203/186 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi

I'm just checking in to say I've jumped right out of this club again, but will be back again soon. Not changing the stats for another 3 weeks or so, so I've got some time to climb back down.

See you again soon

Saraq
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 05:53
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I haven't joined a countdown club before but it sounds fun. Today, one week after my baby was born I weigh 190. It was 189 the other day but Monday is my official weigh day.

My next goal is to have made good progress towards getting to my prepregnancy weight by Christmas.

I had just gotten to size 10-12 jeans last Christmas...I'd settle for back to the 14's or less this Christmas,

I don't know what size I currently am, I'm guessing 18's. Still wearing maternity summer clothes and pjs a lot this week.

Baby cooperated and slept so that I could do my Body Electric workout this morning. I just modified some of the moves that I'm not quite ready for.

Hope we find success together!

Beth
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 06:14

BF:

Hi Beth

Congratulations on your baby! Well done. Don't over do the exercise though. My advice to keep you sane is to sleep when the baby sleeps as much as you can!

Tell me all about the baby! Boy or girl? How was the birth? I'm a homoeopath so am always interested in these things. I have a son of nearly 6, but remember all this as if it were only yesterday.

Looking forward to our encouraging each other!

Sara
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 10:04
Don't dream it be it

BF:

All the details are in my journal, come visit!

Elihnig's Goal p. 10

Beth
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Congrats on the new bundle of joy, Beth...I bet your days are quite full and busy! I no longer can be "official" in this club because something nasty happened to me while camping...I didn't think it would really matter, a few smores, since hiking was the activity of the day

But believe it or not, I have been battling 195 since I got home!!!

I posted a brand new start date and will make the changes to my profile today. I am on serious induction, and WILL make it through to the end. (I hope to be back in the 189 club by the end of my induction...but the way things have been going, who knows???)

Anyhow, I will be lurking closely...a couple of weeks without junk, a little more exercise, a LOTS of support from others who ARE making this WOE work...surely I'll be back in my own good graces soon.

NICE GOING to all of you...keep hanging in there!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 08:09
Don't dream it be it

BF:

Official weigh day, I'm at 186. I was at 184 yesterday though. Oh well, I'll take either, that puts me at down 4 pounds for this first week back on the program.

Now drink your water and have a clean week!

Beth
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 08:50

BF:

Hi Beth

Congratulations! How wonderful and clever of you! Well done!

I am currently up to 191 again. But hope to be with you here by the end of the week. How's the baby? Do tell all! Can you sit down yet?!

See you soon

Sara
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 17:25

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 202/202/180 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:41%/38%/30%(?)
Progress: 0%
Default an i still join?

am i to late to join? it sure sounds nice? please?
well, i have been LCing since the 3rd of september. i have lost 6 lbs, but i haven't weighed myself since last tuesday. once a week! it gives me something to look forward to!
i had my first real want to cheat today! i didn't feel like making anything to eat, and then we went to the movies. my husband is supportive, but in no way needs to loose weight. he ate... nachos, orange slices, peach thingy's, trail mix and a root beer!! i wanted to kill him. but i actually think this helps me in a bazaar way! just the smell! mmmm! it gives me more will power. i passed the test and look forward to my weight in tuesday!!!!
i hope that i can still join! thanks for listening (reading)!!
184 and ready to loose-- rachel
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 02:46

BF:

Hi Rachel

You are most welcome to our club. I am a bit absent at present as I have gone back up to 191. Only temporary, I expect!

Well done for resisting the goodies! That must have been hard - I expect you are feeling very worthy now - and you deserve to be!

Let us know how you get on with your weigh-in. I'm dying to know what the result is!

Sara
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 17:14

Default huh

well, sorry it took me a few days. well, i weighed myself today and i have lost a total of 10lbs! i am happy, but i wish it was more. 6 last week and only 4 this week. but i think i know why and i will try to avoid the chocolate bars that are sooo good!
i love snacking, but i need to get out of that habit!
i also need to stay going to the gym. my husband leaves tomorrow for a month, so i have all of that spare time to work out! (he's in the army) so i hope i have enough power to keep going. i need a routine!
i will keep you guys posted! thanks!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 09:10

BF:

Well done Rachel

Long may it continue! I think the choc bars probably are a bad idea!

Hope you get into your routine quickly once DH has left.

Are you used to being on your own?

Have a good weekend

Sara
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 00:07

Default i hope so!

thanks for the encouragment! it's nice to have. my husband says that he'd love me either way, fat or thin, so that's not very encouraging. (though i am not complaining, he's great)
i am used to being alone. it's sometimes nice! but it's also lonely. but it does give me time for myself. we've been together for 4 years and half of that has been spent apart! bad, huh?
well, i will keep you posted! thanks again! good luck everyone!!!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 02:21

hey you guys! well, i am down another 2 pounds. i am happy that it's going away. i guess 2 pounds is better than nothing, right? well, i just hope that i can loose more this week. it's sure gets frusterating.
how are all of you? haven't heard much. are we still shedding pounds? keep us posted!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 10:49

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Can I Join? Pretty Please??

Have read your posts and you all seem really friendly and determined to lose weight. I need all the support I can get after 20 years of low-fat yo-yoing. Induction going pretty good except for a cheat last night (I went to the Confession Booth, read about it there). Rachel 22 - you are really doing GREAT - do you have any favourite meals or snacks you can share??? I am just getting going on this - this is day 10.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 09:13
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I'm almost here...I'm almost here...I'm almost here...

190 today, and doing well on my 85th induction (or so it seems...had a rough summer, wasn't my fault )

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'll meet up with all of you in a couple of days!!