Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, May-07-23, 13:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Another day nearly done. I came home from golf and did my Pahla B. workout, showered and then threw some chili together for dinner. DH wants a toasted cheese sandwich with his.....I'll just put a glob of sour cream in mine.

Jaz......I ordered the CGM through a company called Nutrisense. I'm so curious to see how different foods effect my blood glucose. I'm also looking forward to the interaction with a dietitian based on the readings she sees. She will be able to see my graphs etc. in the App. It is quite a bit of $$, but I really wanted to do it at least for 3 months. The dietitian is free for the first 30 days, then there is an additional charge.....not sure how much. I'm hoping I'll change my eating habits since I know it'll show up on the CGM! I expect it to arrive tomorrow and I'll stick it to my arm and see what happens!

That's it from here. Hope you've all had a good Sunday.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, May-08-23, 05:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Monday Morning!

Sipping coffee before I "meet the man" and do my 830-5 gig.

Lori- I am curious about your monitor. Keep us posted. Also I am hoping you get a RD that is about lowering carbs and doesn't give you crap about eating 3 squares and 2 snacks! That is still being taught! So old school. I personally think you know more than you are giving yourself credit for!
That being said I think it will also be telling as numbers don't lie to see how you eat to your meter.
So interesting.

Playing your game today?????

Trig- Did you have a fab weekend? When are you going to kiddo's orientation? Was it this last weekend? Is it just her and you going?

It was a fabulous weekend at any rate. This week is going to be what you want! Hot and sunny!

What on your plate today?

Nic- How was your weekend? I know you love your porch! I like that it is screened in! SWEET deal on that! Cool mornings and evenings! I bet you have it decorated nice!

How is your pooch doing? Do you walk her alot? Ruger loves to be outside. He is getting a stubborn streak in him lately. I want to go in and he will pull the leash and just LAY DOWN. Yesterday He LAID DOWN IN THE PARKING LOT. I picked him up and walked his butt inside! HAHAHAH- Do you have a fenced in yard?

Hubby is coming tomorrow right? Or was that a week from tomorrow? Can't keep you girls straight. LOLOL
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waking up to another beautiful sunrise over the river! Yup- this view will be missed.
I did go to the beach yesterday. I took an hour walk and came back. The beach was PACKED with kids 20 somethings, and families. A few older couples and local folk, not many. It was loud, and party like.
Not my jam anymore. I love my quiet serene beach times. MEH- time to pack up and go. I love off season. Add that to no dogs allowed on the beaches now. Effective May- Sept. there are early morning hours and late night hours. No thanks. I will go and walk- but again, the party and stepping over people is not my thing.

I am shifting my thoughts to my next spot. Greenville is fine. No ocean- insert sad face. But again, most beaches now are crowded. I love the idea of being that "snow bird". Hitting up my beach towns from Nov- May. I just might do that going forward. Perfect compromise.

Ok I am going to come clean.......... I don't like Sardines. I am really trying to like then. I seriously bought 30 cans. All different types. Some are bristling, some are large, some are water packed, ect....... I just can't get past the SMELL and texture. I know that are SO nutrient dense. Packed with vitamins and minerals.
I was wanting "something" last night. But it was late and I didn't want to "blow it". So I opened a can- added some hot sauce and ate them. SO GROSS. The dog loved his two bites.
It killed my "wanting" of anything else!

My only agenda this week is work. Yup- back at it. I get tired after being "peopled" all day. I am cool to cozy up on the couch and watch Master Chef!

EATS- Taco meat and eggs. I am going to make an omelet with it. It will be fine. I also have chicken salad with a tiny bit of pickle I made yesterday. I can wrap it in an egglife as well. So all fridge ready and waiting. No cooking today or tomorrow.

Workout- - walk at lunch in the sunshine! I need to do videos like you are doing Lori! . Something a bit more intentional.

Hovering near my low again. I can't seem to push past it. I have be hovering now for 4 months! Need that push somehow! I am hoping the bone broth will help that a bit. It is still simmering. It will be ready tonight. It is not quite ready. Miss my IPot! It would have blasted that marrow out of those bones!
MEH- all good. First world issues- IPot vs. Crock pot! LOLOLOL

Have a good one!
  #93   ^
Old Mon, May-08-23, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

No golf today. Our course is closed for a tournament that had to be rescheduled because of all the rain last Monday when it was supposed to be held.

I've got massive bloat going on today. I guess it's the chili I ate last night. I did eat way too much....went back for a 2nd bowl even though I was full. Why do I do that? Scale was up 3 lbs this morning!! That's the biggest jump I've ever seen in 1 day. I know it's not fat, but it's still shocking.

My CGM should arrive today and I'm anxious to start collecting data. The first 24 hours it will be calibrating etc, so no useful info for a day or so. I'm going to eat as I've been eating at first just to see what I've been doing to myself. After that, I will eat the way I know I should and see the difference.

I have some errands to run today and I want to use the headlight cleaning kit on my car. I'll be busy enough. I have some laundry spinning now.

-----------

Jaz......OMG sardines look SO gross. I would never be able to put one in my mouth. A shame you bought all those cans. Ugh.

Have a good week!

Nic & Trig.....what's happening?

----------

Have a good Monday!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, May-08-23, 15:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

jaz lol over Ruger. We call that "going boneless" in little kids. My kids used to love that part of the Knuffle Bunny book!

Bella does get walked here, 2-3 times a day. She is super good- I otherwise let her out the front or side and she stays right there, pees and comes right back. She saves poops for walks. She is extremely trainable and we are really lucky about that.

Lori I will be following your CGM with great interest!

Hey Trig!

Good day today- chilled this morning, then pickleball, bike ride, dog walks made for an active afternoon. Just an all around great day. I think the weather won't be as good tmrw so I was glad to capitalize on today!

Yep I just checked, rain tmrw so it was good to get outside today!

Otherwise everything is going well!
  #95   ^
Old Mon, May-08-23, 18:00

BF:

CGM in arm and seems "right" so far. The instructions say that it could take 24 hours for it to calibrate and give you accurate numbers. I think I'll compare my finger stick glucose to the CGM in the morning to see how close it is. I think you do the finger stick and check the CGM 20 minutes later or something like that for comparison. I'll look it up. The App has a bit of a learning curve, but it's pretty easy.

Another hour of YouTube TV and then it's off to bed.

See you tomorrow!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, May-09-23, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning!

My golfing buddies have bailed on me today, so I'll just be puttering around the house. I'm going to go grab some stuff at Aldi and maybe the regular grocery store for any items I can't find at Aldi. There are always a few bits that make me visit both stores. No big deal. Chiro appt. at 3:30, then home to figure out what to make for DH to shove down his neck. So tired of figuring out what to make EVERY night.

Doing fine with the CGM so far. I got a message that it is calibrated, so I didn't do the finger stick this morning. Just didn't feel like it at 4:30 this morning! Today I'm going to eat some different things and we'll see what kind of spikes I get and how long it takes to come back down. Interesting. Haven't heard from my RD yet. They assign one to you for the first month to review your data etc. I think they wait a few days until you have some inputs for them to look at.

That's it from here. Possible rain shower this morning and then it is supposed to be really nice.

Later!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, May-09-23, 07:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I AM SO there on what to shove down your DHs gullet every night HAHA

Cool read on your CGM

Nicco you sound good and solid and doing well. More power to you!

Jazz, yea buy 1 can and try before ya buy 30 HAHA

do not worry on more weight loss. Yes you want more gone, it WILL come if you do not focus on eating to do just that, lose lbs. Just eat ZC, all ya need and want, keep it clean, your appetite will adjust and change and you will lose more if you allow the zc way to do just that. Don't guess or force what 'you think ya need' like sardines when ya probably don't. Eat what you zc like...simple as that but keep it clean and more benefits come to us.

-------------so busy. got so much little stuff on my plate and then the big stuff looming on me too.
feel overwhelmed to handle it all, old days I could do 150 things at once, now, NOPE and DON'T WANNA!!
adjustment time for me here truly.

I dumped all spices, rubs, condiments and all that extra 'bit of a bite of' crap. I feel SO much more alive point blank. Clothes are not as tight cause I lost inflammation in the body point blank and 'feel my 'emptiness' but power' from my carnivore eating.

I am hitting into way lower eating mode now cause I 'don't need' or want any food. It is fine. Normal steps to happen for me. Cleaner and tight I eat the more ZC I become! Works that way for me. I know me on zc and I know how it goes down for me. Right now my little changes of getting rid of spices/rubs or a spoonful of this or that crap I was eating means I function and feel fab off that crap.

ok moving forward, holding strong on zc, just doing my thing on ALL the other crap I need to deal LOL

be good all.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, May-09-23, 10:20

BF:

space holder till 5-

It's now 7:15 PM and I am wiped for the day. Slight headache. I have so much to respond to! Great posts!

Lori- I am super anxious to see how this CGM rolls for you and everything about it. Please keep us updated.

Girl I so feel you on having to cook for someone every day! BTW- Chili gets me every time. I can eat the entire pot! BRING it!!! LOLOLOL Now it is no long OK LZ food! HAHAHAHAH.

Trig- You are SPOT on with losing the inflammation= lose the weight! Keeping it clean as well- Keep it rolling. We got this!

Nic- - LOLOLOL on kids dropping and not walking when they want to NOT do something. That is hilarious. I didn't know dogs do that too- but I can attest. They DO!
So glad you are getting some rest and great DE time in!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired ladies. Today was NOT a fun work day! Testing all day and it was rough. Then timed activities with little to ZERO instruction. It was so stressful. 8 full hours of it.

Tomorrow is a new day! Going to prop up feet. Exhausted.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, May-09-23 at 17:22.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, May-10-23, 04:09

BF:

Good Wed Morning!

I looked at the calendar and was like ONLY WED?!?!?!?!?!? I'm plum tired. I also am feeling my lower back sitting for hours in this dining room chair. Not an office chair. It is what it is for a minute!

Whew we had SUPER storms last night. They were the kind that rattled the windows. It stormed all night! I woke up several times. It would storm then another would roll through. It hit 94 degrees yesterday!
There is flooding this morning on the road! I won't have to deal with that!

Nothing new today- getting with the flow a bit. Yesterday was rough with training. It was all testing, followed by being talked at for hours. I was glazed over by 2pm- I was "just done". My attention span couldn't handle anymore.

Oh well NEW DAY right?

Lori- How is that CMG working? I am now thinking about taking my blood sugar a bit more. I am wondering if my stall is due to excessive blood sugars?!? I am going to track mine for a few day too! Although I don't eat carbs. I am now curious as well. Not enough though for a CMG! HAHAHAHA

Hiya Trig/ Nic! How are you doing?

Back at ya later-
  #100   ^
Old Wed, May-10-23, 04:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Chilly this morning, 41 degrees! It's going to be a bit cold when I show up at the golf course at 8AM in shorts! It's supposed to get up into the 70's. I just saw a forecast for next week and it'll be back down to highs in the 60's. WTH? I want full blown summer!

Doing fine with the CGM. Had a good test of it last night when I ate flatbread pizza for dinner. BG got up to 136 a couple hours after eating, but didn't stay elevated for long. I got a message from the dietitian and she seems very nice. It is all done thru messaging on the App. She'll be in touch with any suggestions etc. once I have some data for her to review.

-----------

Jaz.....Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. All day testing like that is so stressful! Hope today is better.

Trig....I hear you on having so much crap to do. It's always freakin' something. Why can't everybody just leave us alone?

Nic...Loving the DE life? Porch sitting, pickleballing......it's all good stuff!

-----------

I'm upset about an aide at the nursing home who told B that she would quit her job and come take care of B if she wanted to go home. It just cannot happen. We don't even know who this person is. Plus....what about the times when she's not there? We just cannot give B the care she needs. I hope we don't have a problem convincing B...though I think she knows in her heart that she has to stay there. The aide told her that if the nursing home found out about their conversation, she would be fired. Trust me when I tell you, if I can find out who it was....I will report her. Maddening. I wasn't at the NH when B was telling DH all this. She just said, "Well, it's something to think about." NO....it's not. I may have to get a bit stern and lay it on the line. DH was doing better with his nerves, but now this is making him nuts again. Just shoot me. I told DH that I'm ready to get in the car and drive.....don't care where.....just get away from all this crap. Sick of all of it.

I hope I can forget all that while I enjoy a day on the golf course.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, May-10-23 at 04:23.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, May-10-23, 06:19

BF:

Lori, I so agree with come on full blown summer!

I also SO agree wtih why can't everyone just leave us alone!

Sick of it all! I am right on board with ya there!!!

Go after that nursing home person saying that crap to Betty! Just like what I would do, Unacceptable! I would chat up head nurse on Betty's floor and have a good tight discussion on that one! It is cruel to Betty in the end. All that is, promising the elders they can 'go home' when in reality full care is required and they just upset everyone with going home nonsense. That needs to stop for sure.

We are sounding so much more alike now for sure LOL
Very cool you get dietician info etc on your CGM. Good number, not bad and when it doesn't stay elevated long like you means your body is sure working well!

Jazz, wow, from slepping the halls at full speed and wiping out your tootsies to sitting in a bad chair and hurting your arse? Girl you do extremes like a mad woman

Nicco what is doing? need new report from ya bet all is fine in your little ol' world I hope!!

-----------yesterday was 2 filet mignon. 6 oz each. that is low food intake for me but got no food draw at all. dropping all little bites, dumping all spices/herbs and condiments I did not need means I am hitting clean carnivore full on which 'changes me totally' into a different person. I am heading into that strong zc person again.

today I got a ribeye steak. Don't want it, not sure when I will eat it but I will LOL when I wake up knowing I got 0 care on any food I find I have alot better day!

rock on everyone......for me it is 'go check the pool' issue and see what I am dealing with...ugh.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 05:00

BF:

last post and first to post...hmm, ok

HI GANG!

Nothing doing but handling crap. Dealing with pool and cleaning up. Haven't bothered to vacuum in a while, omgosh I gotta do it, I see dog hair and don't like that!!

Had to cancel credit card. omg! that UK site to order that football jersey hit my cc twice and at this point I am cancelling card to clear it out and get a new one. I am telling ya, I AM SO over letting kiddo just throw my darn CC out there on PIA sites ya know!! Too much stupid here on this stuff truly.

ZC eating is fine. Off the spices, rubs and not allowing bites of crap has made a marked improvement. Yup, I know where I need to be LOL

today is ribeye and burger. Done deal.

just gonna chill thru the day getting stuff handled.

over and out all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, May-11-23 at 05:35.
  #103   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 05:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Quick post before heading to the golf course. Sun is shining, but it's only in the 40's right now.

Betty tried to bring up the subject of going home during our visit last night. I told her that is was important for us to know that she was safe and not sitting in the back room of a huge house all alone. I told her that we cannot go backwards in care. She just started complaining about the food etc, etc. She has never been a complainer, but this is her tactic. Sorry.....not going to work. If you don't want to eat the food, don't eat it. I won't take the bait. We bring her ice cream and other treats all the time. She'll work on DH, but she won't bully me. If I have to, I'll go visit her alone and lay it on the line. It's not fair to us to expect us to go thru trying to figure out care again. I will tell her how upset DH has been and that his nerves are shot. I know that will hit home. I'm hoping it's not necessary, but I will do it if I have to.

Oh well......enough of that. Off to the golf course!

#104   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 05:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)
Good Morning!

Betty tried to bring up the subject of going home during our visit last night. I told her that is was important for us to know that she was safe and not sitting in the back room of a huge house all alone. I told her that we cannot go backwards in care.

Oh well......enough of that. Off to the golf course!

Lori key being is she just laying in a bed doing nothing? Eating all meals in the room?

What does the facility offer? Dining room? If yes she should be put in a wheel chair and taken to the dining room to eat with others!

If they have a hair salon on site she should be taken to have her hair done.

If they got a bingo nite or whatever she should be a participant.

Key to it all is if she is just in that room with, yes interaction but NO life focus to 'live there' then she loses.

So check out the facility on what it offers in the day and maybe make a time to see her not just in the room, get her butt into a wheel chair and DO something they offer. That is key importance is making them part of that group now ya know. Betty should be 'seeing life' moving good in that facility she is now in so check out their activity schedule and what 'they do there' for their clients ya know. Best to find out what they do offer and see if you can get her more involved!! My MIL had that issue that she was 'just in that room' til we got her 'involved' with more life they do offer in these facilities. Just chat up the staff and find out what all goes down there for their clients to be part of the real life world ya know.

OK just a chat on it all
  #105   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 06:17

BF:

Thursday! Where is my Friday?!?!?-

Lori- I am ticked off FOR YOU! I would absolutely nip that "going home" in the bud. I would DEF have a chat with that Director of Nursing. That self-serving chatter MUST STOP. The aide putting those ideas in Betty's head is self-serving and out for her own good not Betty's. It IS hard for the oldies to give up their home for a safe place. The LAST thing that needs to happen is some 20 something who hates her job to talk Betty into an unsafe situation. Yeah- that needs to stop! Plus, Betty has to be flat out told- that is off the table.
Goodness, I hate it when people do crap like that. She's right, that aide could get fired.......... you don't say stuff like that to older people. Just no.
Sorry, this got everyone in a fluster, it never should have happened. However, at the end of the day you and your hubby are the ones that say no, period. Tough love sometimes. We do it for our kids- then we do it for our oldies!

I sure hope you have a good day on the course!

Blood sugars..... what are your running when you first wake up? Then have coffee?
So, I took mine out of curiosity and my fasting BS was 107....... not good-
My morning blood sugars have always sorta run high- but my A1C is normal. However, I heard several doctors say that the fasting sugar was more important if it is consistently high.
You got me thinking about it all again. It is something I am thinking about.
I can't wait to hear what your RD says. I am very interested in your CMG.

Goodness- have a great day and shake all the "crap" off!!!!!! Thanking about ya!

Trig- - I was wondering when you were going to tackle that pool! Now is a great week to do that. No rain until Sunday night! Did you ever get that chlorine?
Almost pool ready!

I would think that now is such a busy time for you with grounds keeping! Mowing, and such! It always is in the Spring with properties! Always some crap to do!

Yup- girl right there with you on PURE and Clean foods! On the wagon and not moving! Way we roll! HAHAHHAHA

Nic- - Hiya. See email. Keep us posted.
How long are you in DE? Hubby comes tomorrow?

How is your WOE going being there by yourself? For me it would be easier to just cook for me whenever. But I am used to it.
You getting in your bike rides? Shorts weather?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the phone last night with my "sister" from a different mister for 3 hours! OMG I was tired, add that to being talked to for 8 hours of work. I am peopled out.

I ordered some new sunglasses (polarized) stylish- for summer. I should get them tomorrow. I also ordered a new set of summer pj's! Gift to self.

EATS- Either pork chops or steak- I am really holding tight here!

Gotta run!