Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, May-03-23, 17:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz....Yeah, I would trade in my old car and then pay cash for the difference most likely. I was thinking maybe pay part cash and just have a tiny car payment? I don't know. I'm looking at the Honda CRV like I have now, but the new ones have such a big touch screen for the radio etc. that it looks intrusive. I guess I'll have to sit in it and see if it really is as big as it looks. I'm also looking at the smaller HRV.....just have to make sure my golf clubs will fit in! I may go looking tomorrow if the weather clears. We've cancelled golf again because of the crappy weather.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 04:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day.....cloudy & rainy & cold. WTH????? Not sure what I'm going to do, if anything. Still debating about the new car thing. I'm thinking I should just keep my old buggy. I do like it and there's nothing wrong with it. Why spend the $$? Part of me wants to go look, but I know what will happen. If I go look, I'll end up buying. I know me. I'm twirling here.

Enough of that!

---------

Jaz.....Hope the training is going well. I know it is tedious and you are ready to just get into the job.

Nic.....How's your week going?

Trig....When is DD's orientation? What an exciting time for her...and you!

---------

Today I'll get my workout done and try not to eat the house down as I sit here and pout about the crappy weather. It's only 6:15AM and I'm starving. That's what happens when I get up at 3:30! It's a long day.

Be good all!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am behind on posts everyone LOL
got super busy with stupid issues here.

Lori, you look, yea you will buy HA
just say, hey in 6 mos. I will act on new car stuff later....then see in 6 mos., after golf closes down and summer fades and then you can re-eval.

Jaz, giant tech work station. cool but like ya said, has to be dismantled sooner or later, but later is fine right. Glad it is working out good so far for ya!!

Nicco, ya dotted down. HI

------------stupid here. COME TO FIND OUT.....NOW....yea....remember it was 'MIL has possible colon cancer' so Dr wanted to do testing........NOPE. Not the facts. Hubby is useless to me for any type of real communication.
So he tells me he called nursing home, got a few people....let loose a bit saying care is dropping on acting on what needs to get done etc, so he got that off his chest but he then adds, this test is happening today and they go from there etc....bringing me up to date and I say....My gosh if my Dr suspects I got colon cancer and the amt of time to even get a test done to move further in evaluation, I would be raving thru the roof literally, time matters on this type of med issue when we say that nasty word cancer.....then he says------get this-----ohhhh, it wasn't the Dr. The nurse he chatted with long ago said when her mom had pain like MIL is describing it diagnosed as colon cancer. WTF??? I didn't know this crap!!! I thought the whole time she was getting no treatment forward on something so dire that a 'real azz Dr. truly thought she had, ya know'!!! I was fretting over that nothing was being done to get this diagnosis known....yea she is in some pain still in guts area but not in that issue I was thinking was going down!!! So I 'slowly and carefully' chose my words speaking back in that I said he screwed me over NOT saying it was a nurse chat about bullshit and not a real Dr recommended knowledgable comment to move ahead and that he best start to truly TELL me real truths and not fluff the chat just to not have to chat ya know. I bit my tongue and ya know what, I am going brain dead over it all too in a way.
OK ENOUGH OF THAT BS

Pool cover destroyed. Few very high winds last week ripped a small slice into it in the middle. Then high winds the other day ripped the whole cover from end to end. Now I got all the crap into the pool off the cover, no cover to protect against sun to grow alage and now I have to make a decision. FU IT til later or take off cover and start filter easily a month too early and just clean it and let it just sit using power and chemicals for no use thru it all. I had to forget it for a few days, couldn't even consider thinking about it. I am ONE step from taking it down truly. We want stuff but the maintenance to maintain is the biggest PIA...well for me it has become that on all things LOL

Lost a tooth crown yesterday. Eating a burger and chomp and off it comes. No pain. Just have to get to dentist to have them make a new one and stick on, at least I hope that is all, ok, what a cool 800-1000 gone on that replacement.

Ain't sleeping good. going to bed with hamster brain. around and around the thoughts go on having to get this done, do that, handle that stuff, and more and then other issues dumped on and the brain can't settle. I truly think I need a day of massive booze. Wake up, start drinking rum drinks thru the day and pass out and wake up, well not refreshed, but knowing I zoned out totally might help me HAHA

over and out....be good all.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 06:18

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

BRB- Saving my spot
  #80   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 11:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Checking in and catching up!

Lori- round and round on a car purchase, right? I'm with you on it but mine is going to be happening or else I'll be car-less. It's a big decision!

Trig- Ugh, I totally get wanting to smack the Chop on that one! Get the story right on something that important!

Bummer on the pool cover- how many years more do you think you will be there? Is it even worth replacing?

Rum drinks- Girl when I was in ATL the ONLY night I got sleep was when I had a few rum shots straight up on the rocks.

Jaz- yup, so nice to not have a car payment for sure!

I'm excited for your son. It will be nice to have your kids in one area and for them to get together and your grands to see more of their uncle!

•••••

All is well here, just bebopping along. Did some house cleaning today and will be off to do more car research in the afternoon. SoIL has my Pilot right now moving some furniture.

I'm headed back to DE on Saturday morning. DH is going to be in a poker tournament over the weekend that he is really looking forward to so it makes sense for me to go on. He will be traveling a good part of the upcoming week and then he will come to DE for a long weekend the following weekend. It will be very strange to be apart for that length of time, even though it is that length bc he will be gone anyway.

So far today I've had some fish and a piece of cheese. I don't really like cheese but I needed to add a bit of fat. I have some sausages (local - beer cheese maybe or something, I don't remember) for dinner and may make a baked potato for DH. I don't eat the potato but I do like some of the skin!
  #81   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 12:08

BF:

Nic.....Round and round for sure! I have jumped off the car buying merry go round. I went and looked at the new CRV's and I HATE them. They have completely ruined the dashboard. The touch screen is ok, but the whole front of the dash has a honeycomb effect and just looks stupid. Even the salesman said to me..."Can you imagine the dust that would collect in every little area?" So...I will be keeping my old girl and I'll be happy for now. As I was driving to the dealership, I was thinking just how much I like my car...the comfort, the way in handles etc. etc. The only thing I don't like is a cosmetic issue with the headlights. The plastic has oxidized and looks cloudy and ugly. Now I'm on a mission to either replace the headlight assemblies or find something that will polish them up.

Now....I will be interested to hear what you end up with as you HAVE to get something or else be walking!
  #82   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 16:35

BF:

Hey ya'll back!

Lori
- there IS a kit you can buy to brighten up that headlight plastic or just take them and have them replaced pretty cheap!
I'm like you- I love my car. Even when driving the loaner, it was so big it was uncomfortable. I dig my little Honda. Although I do wish it had more cargo space.
But my traveling time and packing out the car except one more time has come to an end. I still have to get back.

I feel for you! I got up at 3 and never went back to a full sleep. It is maddening! I have a screaming headache over lack of sleep. Do you get headaches too?

Did you get your video in? Golf? How is everything else?

Nic- Wowsa on a schedule! I would think that a smaller place while hubby is traveling would not feel so lonely! More cozy and nested.

Love sausage! YUM and double yum! Mustard doesn't "bother" me, so it is a big yes to have mustard with sausage! I like it all but am partial to Dijion and Stone Ground!
I will be interested to see what car you end up with!
How are the "kids" liking their new space? Do they get to plant anything, flowers ect?

Do you have a walkable neighborhood?

Trig
- Well crap on a cracker! Your post has my mind blown!
The situation with your MIL has me struggling to even know WHAT to respond to that. Your MIL I hate to say is not in a good place that EVEN IF THE C word was used that she would fair well under heavy treatment. Second, it is very expensive, and third I personally think at that that age it is let someone be comfortable and live it out. That is just MY thoughts ONLY.
Testing for someone her age........., then it was a nurse just running her jibbs............. Holy crap- what is next? Dr. Google?!?!?!? I am shaking my head..........
If you pour one I will help ya on happy hour!

Sleep- I am right there with you on that! I say we need to let go what we can.

Woe- keep strong- best thing at this time.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like crap today! I got up at 3am with severe GI issues. It was miserable. I tossed and turned and just got up at 5 and started doing my online boarding classes that are online in their library. I flunked the diversity and sexual inclusion class- TWICE!!!! Third time was a charm.

I have a ripping headache and feel slightly nauseous. Lack of sleep and dehydrated. Sleep and water in my future.

Made it BARELY through work. I will be honest if I had to physically get dressed to be present in a physical hospital realm it would not have happened. But I could crawl out of bed and have coffee in hand and stare in a zoom meeting.

So- not alot to say. I had half my steak and not hungry. I only ate a bit of something so I could take my aspirin!

That is all folks! Till tomorrow-
  #83   ^
Old Fri, May-05-23, 04:34

BF:

Good Morning!

I have "stuff" to do today! I'll get my workout done early and then I have some errands to run. Yesterday on my way home from the car dealership, I stopped at a restaurant that I like intending to treat myself to a Bloody Mary lunch, but it was lined out the door. I think I'll go back today, but get there early...like 11:30 or so. I see they have scallops today.....

DH is helping DGS19 move out of his college dorm this afternoon, so I'm going to go visit Betty as he won't have time and will have a very busy day. I'll go around 3 and have a little visit with her and take her more of her beloved butter pecan ice cream. I package it in small containers and the staff brings it to her when she asks. She often rings for them at 2 or 3 in the morning and they bring her ice cream and other snacks. Hey...at 94..if you want to eat ice cream at 3AM, you do it!

This morning I'm also going to try a homemade solution for the foggy headlight lenses. It involves toothpaste and a brush. I don't have much hope and have already ordered a kit from Amazon that sounds more promising. I figure even if the toothpaste and brush thing helps at all, it'll be less I'll have to do when the kit arrives. If all else fails, I'll bite the bullet and buy replacements. They are not cheap. You have to buy the whole headlight assembly, not just the plastic cover. Honda charges like $250 each, but I found a website where I can get after market ones for $111. Then I'd have to pay a mechanic to install them. The service guy at Honda told me that they are easy to install....plug & play, he called it. Cheaper than a new car for sure!

I also bit the bullet and ordered a CGM thru Nutrisense. I signed up for a 3 month subscription. They will send me 2 sensors a month and I'll be using their App to see how different foods effect my BG. I also get a dietitian free for a month. I'm hoping having that thing on my arm and knowing what I eat will show up in my BG, it will give me more incentive to be "good" and get these last 10 lbs off! I'm nervous to see what my beer on the golf course does to my numbers. ACK!!

That's it from here. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, May-05-23 at 04:40.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, May-05-23, 05:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, hope hubby cleans up in his poker tournament time!!
I loved when hubby went hunting. I miss his hunting time away more than he does but there is that 'length' of time away it gets a tad too much, weird to be separated that long! feel ya on it!

I need a new pool cover. Will buy soon. I tried a few years of just leaving uncovered thru winter etc. but it gets so much 'crap in it' that a cover is worth it ya know. Here long enough to keep just buying friggin' covers til we do sell and move on I guess..ugh. It just feels like 'all stuff' I own is more of a friggin' hassle than a good thing now older I do get

Lori I so get ya on them ruining a new version of the car ya love.
Smart to 'jack up' your vehicle a bit as you need. I say go for it and cost to replace that stuff is squat compared to writing that check for a new one LOL
Also go get a 'car detail' done. Pricey but worth every penny.....they clean your car til ever nook and cranny is sparkling, all carpets inside steamed and cleaned and your car will smell great and look fab, again worth the cost if you are keeping it for sure. This is where ya say spending like $1k on your car to fix it up as ya need is way cheaper than the price to buy and you are worth it!!!

and ya did the CGM! Cool

Seems like you are in the 'I wanna spend a bit of money' on ME time and not a darn thing wrong with that ever. We work hard thru alot of years to have some bucks actually spent on us

Jazz, EEwww, what got ya? bugs are out there, don't take much to get one in your system but you hopefully feel better and are improving now? Sorry ya got hit so bad!!!!

Yea, with MIL, she has had this 'mystery' pain for like 10 friggin' years. But the Dr is 'testing her' to see if they can twilight sleep her for the colon testing, so other testing is being done on lungs and more to see if she can be tested further so at this point it is a stupid cake walk to 'explore' what the 10 yr old mystery pain might be.....but hubby throws in 'a chat with the nurse' about it possibly being colon cancer etc. No idea on it. He tells me nothing or omits the most important parts. I THOUGHT since he said that, the Dr. SAW and concluded thru bad bloodwork or other starting vehicles that leads to a possible real deal cancer diagnosis ya know......but this is the stupidity of how I seen this crap go down for the last easily 10 yrs for her on this mystery pain. I give up on it all. I don't know.

---------------today is a bunch of small things I MUST get handled. didn't even call dentist yet on my crown gone. Doing other stuff LOL I tell ya.

ANNOYING AZZ STUFF TO HANDLE NOW!!! ugh

like this little thing....kiddo wants a $140 'vintage Manchester City' jersey.
website UK. I KNEW, just new the minute I gave her my credit card this would be a F UP and momma knows best. I almost put it on my money card instead of credit card, but she hit me late at night and I was like, hmm, she handed me $140 in cash and I just handed over CC for her to purchase with a 'red light' in my brain but didn't act on it ya know. yea. dumbo me. too tired to care, but darn I shoulda cared

She orders, it declines. Shows up as 2 hits to CC card for $141. No order happening at all...ugh...Get fraud alert from cc card company. ok, PIA starting here now. Need to call them and see what I am dealing with. Well for me, I know this type of 'having to handle it' sucks the life blood out of me now HAHA More time to correct, calls to make, useless info to chat with people that might not help and just time wasted on stupid azz crap like this ya know.

got other crap going down that is stupid too but must be handled by me of course. hubby is useless always on this stuff, you know, all the 'life stuff' that happens in life, the wifey handles it HAHA well here that goes down, ugh

------ok enough that crap.

gotta get moving, things to do, people to call, LIFE TO FIX as usual.
zc going well. eating cleaner is helping me alot.

beach shack needing nothing, oh to dream
  #85   ^
Old Sat, May-06-23, 04:51

BF:

A quick Good Morning!

It's SO good to see the sun! I'll be heading to the golf course around 8, but first I have to do my Pahla B. workout for the day. To say I don't want to is an understatement. I know I'll be glad that I did as I sure as he!! won't feel like doing it this afternoon after golf and a couple adult beverages!

I'll check in when I'm back in my nest this afternoon! Hugs all around!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, May-06-23, 09:05

BF:

Happy Saturday Morning!

I have my back sliding glass door open for some fresh air! It's nice. Laundry in the dryer and just got back from a MEAT HAUL!
Publix had THICK Ribeye 8 bucks off ~ 8.99 pound. I picked up SEVERAL. I eat one of those and I am golden all day long!
Picked up pork chops BOGO, Springer Mnt. Chicken 4 pounds, Angus hotdogs, eggs, and a bag of frozen shrimp. I love having choices. Oh yeah and a 4 pounds of ground chuck for 4.99 pd.
I should be set for a minute! A good Minute! I will freeze most and take out as needed.

Trig- OMG on that CC debacle! Yup PIA for sure! Hope that gets straightened out. Was it a scam? That totally sucks.

You know down here you need a pool cover! There are gators, lizards, and all kinds of wildlife that love a dip in the pool. Not to mention all the bugs and pollen!
I say this is the year for that Hot tube! Hey we only live once!

AWESOME on 100% Carnivore! I watched Laura Spath and then a few more! Very inspiring. She looks AMAZING too I might add! Shows you really cane have your "steak and eat it too!" LOL

Lori- Good Choice on "Pimping" up your current ride! Ever seen that Show? PIMP MY RIDE? It was a hoot! I agree you can get your car detailed to show room ready with "new car smell" for a few hundred! Sure beats $$$$$$$.

OMG YES go get those scallops and a Bloody Mary. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon! YES PLEASE and make it TWO! HAHA- Ya gotta balance both hands.

Nic- Are you now in DE? It takes 3 hours? That is not bad. Now if you were doing that round trip in one day that would be a bit much!

How is your car hunt going?
You feeling rested now? I love you cook for yourself even if hubby not there! It is selflove!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wow one week down in new job. It is going OK. There are huge benefits to working from home I just love! Add that to this is a very social job so I don't feel isolated. It is really the perfect work life.

Again, they are huge STICKLERS in the BE ON TIME. A minute late is LATE! I would not trade it though to go back to a hospital at all.

I feel so much better. Amazing what sleep and a day of beef will do for you!

We are getting a warmup finally! Going to be 80's and sunny for all this upcoming week!

My son is on his way back to Ohio today. He will then make arrangement this month to move as he put money down on a perfect apt for him. He only signed a 10-month lease as he wants a house. He is super excited. It will be awesome to have all the kids in the same state, within an hour of each other or less!

Now it is my turn to figure out a move too! I am here though through June. I am toying with the idea of July. I will give it some thought. It is normally unbearable here in July. But so far it has been unusually mild and cool here so far. Very odd!

Putter day, errand day and a few minutes on the beach day. I want to get a nice walk in.

EATS- Ribeye, shrimp, deviled eggs. Perfect day. Bacon for grabbing cooked up. I buy the extra thick bacon. It is like a slice of meat! Love love love it.

Workout- walk slated for this afternoon!

Later Gators!
  #87   ^
Old Sat, May-06-23, 11:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Checking in from my porch in DE! The weather is getting nice enough that the herons are rotating in to the pond area in the back. Love it! Sunny and a little cold in the shade but otherwise beautiful.

Lori- did you try the headlight cleaning yet? I'm interested to hear how you like the CGM.

Jaz- sounds like your first week on the job is going so well. Glad you found something you like for a while! And I do think this is the calmest your housing has been for a long time!

Sounds like you had an excellent meat haul!

Trig- Sorry about the credit card snafu. Not fun at all. And ugh on the pool cover!

All is well here. I think I'm going to hop on my bike and tool around a bit. It's a bit chilly for the beach today even though the sun is shining brightly. When the breeze blows it definitely feels northerly.

There's a Kentucky Derby party at the clubhouse tonight but I'm not feeling that sort of thing so I'll pass. Just chilling today!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, May-06-23, 13:28

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Home from golf and I'm a tired girl. Did quite a bit of walking, plus did my Pahla B. workout before heading for the course. I ate a big mushroom swiss burger(no bun) up at the course and I think that'll be about it for the day. In preparation for getting my CGM, I'm starting to rein in the carbs pretty hard. I'm hopeful that 3 months with the CGM will help me get the last 10 lbs off and establish tighter control over the carbs. That has been missing in my life for over a year. Too many "off plan" things have been sneaking in.

I'm a little bit nervous that I'll have an allergic reaction to the adhesive used to keep the CGM in place. I sometimes break out from bandages. I sure hope not, as that's miserable. We'll soon find out. I expect to receive it on Monday.

DH & I are about ready to go for our daily visit to Betty. She is nothing but skin and bones, even though she is eating well. It's shocking when you see her shoulders thru her robe......so, so thin. I don't know what keeps her going. She seems content and comfortable.
---------

Nic......enjoy your DE time. Nice you can do just what you want to do.......be social or just enjoy your porch in solitude. All good.

Jaz.....Nice on the meat haul! Hope you're enjoying your weekend and that each week of your new job gets better and better.

Trig.....Nightmare on the CC business. Hope you can get it straightened out without too much hassle.

----------

I could just go to bed right now. One vodka drink and one lite beer and I'm tanked.

Bye!
  #89   ^
Old Sun, May-07-23, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning! Me again!

Gabby was outside last night and I was in bed till almost 6! Heaven! She came in, didn't want much breakfast and then wanted right back outside. She's loving the warmer weather, though it's only in the 40's right now.

Have to figure out something for breakfast and then get ready to head to the golf course again. Looking forward to another nice day.

Later!
  #90   ^
Old Sun, May-07-23, 08:28

BF:

Good Sunday Morning!

So warm and just beautiful here this morning. Window wide open.

Lori- Sounds like your day yesterday was fun! 40 degrees! ICKES!!!!!!!

I am curious about you getting a meter for yourself. I have taken my blood sugar several times as well out of curiosity. I think it is so smart to keep track of your numbers. Are you the one who put in the channel several years ago....."Eat to Your Meter"?
Keep us posted on that.

Nic- I love you are in your "Happy Spot". Sporting around on a bike! YAY!
What's on your menu?

Trig-
- Did you get that CC issue fixed??? What's up in your next of the woods? Warm and beautiful here today!
----------------------------------------------------------

I roasted my beef bones and dropped them in the slow cooker and am in the process of making pure bone broth. Roasting them ahead of time loosens up that marrow! Key- I have forgotten that in the past. Although a IPot is amazing for bone broth! I just don't have mine with me. Crock pot it is.

I am going to try to incorporate more broth and sardines into my weekly diet just for the minerals and dense nutrients.

I also have been using Trace Mineral drops into my first tumbler of water for the day. It has been amazing with the balance of all that. No taste, no sugar, but it has potassium, sodium, magnesium. All good

Today- not sure about activity. I know I want to get out for a bit. The pup is wanting a walk.

Eats: Pick anything from my meat haul- but the Ribeye needs eaten! Deviled eggs, and bacon.

I watched Narnia last night. I was bored. I don't have cable- just Disney Plus. Waiting for the new Avatar to hit Disney!

This and that today!
Back later!