Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-23, 07:22

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all, checking in.

Lori it sounds like he is stuck in a thought cycle and yeah, it would be frustrating to sit by and watch that because honestly, there isn't much you can do with it. I'm sorry for him though bc that is a freaking miserable place to be.

Hi you other two!

Yesterday was a fab day- pickleball, porch sitting and reading with DH, pickleball potluck which went really smoothly food-wise, and then the most amazing game of Cornhole where we went from losing 20-3 to pulling out a 21-19 victory. The game took an astonishing ONE HOUR from start to finish. It was absolutely EPIC. SO much fun yesterday.

Slept like crap, shocker, that is the norm for me anymore. Staying here in DE today to make use of this rainy day to get some desk work done.

oxo
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-23, 08:57

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning ladies!

Woke up the yest another big time storm. Today is on and off showers all day. The storms roll in and there is massive wind, then an hour later the sun is out. Hit repeat! Not conducive to really going anywhere. Add that to the fact the yards, and grass areas are mud piles, or standing water!

Nic-
Safe travels if the leave out today! What type of "onboarding" are you doing? More volunteering?

Does your hubby play pickleball too? Love you have a community that is active!

Hummmm cars....... So my mom has a 2019 Santa Fe. I have driven it many times. I really do not like the way it handles. They are boxy and do not have fast response times. I would never have one. That is me for what it's worth. Not to mention they have had it in the shop for steering issues, plus they are $$ to maintain.
The bonus- they have a huge trunk. They are so so on gas mileage, and ride pretty comfortable if you get the "loaded" version like they have. So, yeah- my 2 cents! It doesn't go far these days! LOLOLOL

Lori- Goodness I read your post and I feel for you! I am so glad though at least you see the benefit in that the house is no longer a burden. You are so correct that it would have been a huge $$$$$$ monstrosity.
The thing that that I think is the CREAM of your post: It is what BETTY WANTED. Period end of story. It was her decision. She was present during discussion, and it is what SHE wanted. You and hubby honored that. Done.
I know he might go round and round, but at the end of the day- it fell on Betty to decide. He will come around at some point. Betty is cared for, her home is cared for, her bills are paid! It doesn't get better.
Sometimes we just have to let other just "stew" a bit. Maybe there is also a loss there as well he is thinking about. I know when we lose those above us- the "line", we think about OUR mortality. I am of course back seat analyst here! LOLOLOL. What do I know about men.........

I am absolutely going to stick on a Pahla video today. I can't believe how weak my core is! Disturbing!

Trig- I KNOW you are getting socked in today! Hoping you feel better from a few days ago. This weather and all the pressure changes are just crazy!
Hey Do you listen to dr. Chaffe much! I sent a rock solid video via email. It is worth the listen!

How is everything else in your corner of the world?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday. Pure couch potato, binge watching TV. It was a crappy day. No beach weather. It started off promising and took a rain turn.
On and off showers today- but the big winds have moved in.

I Just tossed in some laundry and have some already in the dryer. The pup is enjoying the little bit of sun on the patio and I have the screen door open for fresh air.

Tomorrow is day one. I was re-reading the "offer" letter. I am not permitted to take ANY time off for the 90-day probation period. That is AUG! My summer will be mostly gone!
I am already whining.............. I so need to retire soon!
I will retire early- I am not one of these people that feels the need to work until 70. Get me out as soon as my pocketbook says go!

I am pretty stoked again about getting "back" on the WOE horse. I have been a bit "sloppy" with condiments. I am thinking that might be the issue with "wanting" more things OFF plan. I am speaking about tomato paste specifically. It is a night shade.
So, after listening to the nightshade, lectin podcast it was a nice reminder.

Well- Going to get more coffee-

Later gators .
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-23, 10:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco.....an EPIC cornhole game....love it, don't take much nowadays does it?

weather is making me nutso now.

I am SO car picky. being taller with longer legs I require ALOT of head space and wiggle room. I hate buying a new vehicle. Only way I buy is I sit in the seat, if I like it I might drive it.....I am notorious for getting out of a vehicle in a flash and say nope, don't want it immediately LOL Every car I bought was right there, in that driver seat and headroom etc and 1 drive and purchased. I got into SO many vehicles that were 'tight and claustrophobic' and UGH....but you are smaller, you won't have this issue on a new vehicle

you did Carowinds, cool. I asked kiddo what it was like cause I was there like 20 yrs ago and she said being kept, clean, up to date and all, so they are maintaining it well apparently.

Lori, yea he needs to give up that ghost. See at some point I would have to yank hubby's ears and say GET OVER IT cause at some point my empathy level goes bye bye....he is lucky he has you to help him along and be kind while he accepts it all....yea takes longer for some but that 'noose around neck' older home needs gone and now.....so you guys did good.

Jaz, yea ditch condiments. they can become 'very very sneaky' on our zc plan. I know. I went overboard and real fast ONE feels it too so if you feel it, eat clean meat. Stop the condiment madness HA

One thing on retire early. You must make at least XYZ amt of money for a decent subsidy for healthcare for income. For joint household we HAVE to make at least $23,900 or subsidy goes away and not over like $37k or subsidy gets smaller and prem gets a ton higher. So make sure you know all this before ya 'early retire' early retire can be a tight rope walk kinda too. but if ya can, yea take it!!!!!! beats working too damn hard any ol' day

-------------OK pants getting tighter. My bite is a baby handful and my bites are more than just 1 bite. I am now nibbling the carbs.

DONE DONE DONEeeeeee

Tomorrow ALL IN hardcore clean ZC. Simple as that. Dump cheese. Don't really eat it much now anyway so easy to do. Steak. Bacon. Pork. Chicken. Shrimp. No processed meats at all. Simple clean and must must clean up act before I go friggin' rogue azz wild and I am right on that dotted line. Step back time immediately now. Cause I see the trainwreck coming right at me.

whew.

My chat will be 'back on plan tight' and back in 'diet mode'. Not a doubt about that. And here we go again Batten down the hatches!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, May-01-23, 05:08

BF:

Good Monday WORKDAY for me! = $

I don't know why I am a bit nervous?!?!?!? I think I always have new job jitters. But it is nice that I am starting with someone I know. I brought her with me from MUSC. What about that!

Trig
- Girl the pants are the barometer. We all know that we also STREATCH out those pants. So, when they get tight- yeah, it's time. I tell ya I can go right over that carb cliff with you on nibbles.
Best to nip it in the bud now rather than 20 pounds up and miserable.
Yup- those condiments have "stuff" in them that make you want to EAT MORE!

I am walking the hard line and did a reboot several days ago. I am attempting to get that 6 pounds of regain OFF. I never EVER EVER want to be back in the 200's.
I am "stuck" in the low 80's. My lowest hit 179. I thought once I hit the 70's I would just drop all the way to 60's and 50's. I have a solid 25 pounds easy still to take off. EASY!!!!

You know the pounds do creep up. But once they come off it is AMAZING how good one feels! Physically lighter!

Well all this to say- I am here to walk right with you on ZERO/ Carnivore life! You and I just don't "do" well with plants and processed foods. We have that carb monster others don't. That carb monster needs knocked down and starved. Remember the Flower from Little Shop of Horrors! FEED ME! FEED ME- that is us screaming for starch. We ZIP it shut now! PERIOD.

Go get you some crab legs to CELEBRATE- your reboot!
WE GOT THIS!

Hey Nic/Lori-
---------------------------------------------------------
gotta hit the shower! I am back to serving "The man. We are doing Zoom all day! = I need to get out of Pj's and "put on my face!

Back later.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, May-01-23, 05:23

BF:

Jazz, put on your face and get out of PJs.....wow that is a tough morning work routine HAHA One I would want over having to get on the cattle bus and roam the halls of a hospital

You will do great! Let us know how it goes down.

Yea, you too huh? the carb creep and my sensitivity and draw to crap food is a massive issue for me. It starts in the smallest of packages ya know. Tiny! Think I have control when I do not. I do if I hold my plan, I get all kinds of greatness, start that tiny tiny 1 too many bites and they get bigger I am heading toward total disaster.

Yes, clothes TELL it all!!! I hit my stretch point on them totally LOL

Hi Lori and Nicco, beat both ya on today!!

-------------Brrr. super high winds last night. Cold this morning. Not a fan. Got mowing issues to deal. Kiddo did a bunch but I have to do trim around and more. My small Craftsmen mower can get into spots the big zero turn can't fit so will handle that later today.

Hit walmart for chlorine. They don't have any? hmmm. None this season? Not sure. Might make run up to a few other stores that have cheaper chlorine for the pool tomorrow or next day. I gotta find me some now before to have a supply. Pain in the arse to the max to have to try to find chlorine. Own stuff, must do the work to keep it up and buy buy buy the crap needed to keep it up...ugh.

So did walmart at around dinner time. Kiddo wanted her sushi at Japan place. Got there and it smelled of sewer. Before even opening the door! Sewer smell outside and inside. We all went WHAT? hestiantly sat down at a table and all 3 of us had 'ick faces' on us and I said NOPE....no way in hell I am staying here. Hubby and kiddo agreed fast and out we went! Then to Midway restaurant. Got a rack of ribs, plain. very good. brought some home to eat later today. Then hit walmart where I came out with no chlorine and they came out with fancy breads, sweets and other crap. Yea, I broke #1 rule. Never shop with family or allow them to go to any stores HAHA

Eat last of ribs but maybe not and give to hubby. I kinda want off all rubs and more right now....and will fry up some bacon with them.....again, change to maybe just bacon and a bunch of eggs? yea sounds better tho LOL

second meal, got a Tbone steak I must eat before I lose it in the fridge. Food done.

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, May-01-23 at 07:21.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, May-01-23, 06:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

May 1st???? How on earth did that happen? Today starts my Pahla B. workout challenge for May. I simply have to do it and make it part of my day. I have laid my clothes out for the workout....step one. I'll get it done later this morning. Laundry spinning now.

OMG....the sun is shining this morning. Still damp and chilly, but it's nice to see the sun. It's been days and days of rain and ick. Really heavy rain all day/night yesterday. Small stream flooding around here. It doesn't look like we'll be able to golf until Thursday(maybe). The weekend looks good....fingers crossed.

Had a successful low cal day yesterday, only to see the scale go up 1/2 lb. WTH? I need to stop weighing every day, but I've been doing it for SO long that I hate to break my streak! Eating whenever hungry today....and whatever low carb item sounds good.

----------

Nic.....Are you back in MD or enroute today? I so admire how well you're doing with your WOE......just easy and relaxed.....not overthinking....just doing! Fab!

Trig....Eww on the sewer smell in a restaurant....no way! Glad your ribs were good.

Jaz...Will be thinking about you on your first day of work. I'm sure the first week or so will be ultra boring with training and meetings. Hang in there until you get to the actual "job". Hope it goes well.

-----------

Laundry, workout and a trip to the grocery store is my plan for the day. I may put off the grocery store until tomorrow...we'll see. Main thing is to get the workout in.....I didn't sleep well, so my mind is trying to tell me to just sit around, but nope. I can, and must, do that little 30 minute workout!

Have good days!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, May-01-23, 13:39

BF:

hi all

I'm back in MD- easy drive. No traffic or difficulties.

Jaz- Guess it depends on what you are used to driving. It would certainly handle far different than an Accord. I am used to a boxy SUV so it felt fine to me.

Hope your first day went smoothly.

Trig- you are right, it sure does not take much these days! I take joy all the places I can find it!

Hugs on things getting tighter. You know what to do, so no advice for you- you'll do it when you are ready to do it.

Lori- Good luck on your Pahla challenge!

••••••••••

Yup, all is well here. DD's bday is tmrw so I came in for the week. We will go out to dinner tmrw night for that, and then I am seeing a former doula client for brunch at her house on Wednesday. she is excited to show me around and I haven't met her younger child yet. So that will be fun!

I'll be here until some time this weekend- probably will head back on Sunday.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-02-23, 04:54

BF:

Tue. Morning!

Trig- OMG on the sewer smell! I have left places too over the SMELL. I tell you my mom LOVES to eat at Olive Garden- the SMELL in there!
But those little mom and pop shops you just don't know! One of the gals in orientation got food poisoning from a Chinese takeout the night before last. She was taking bathroom breaks all day! That was her "fun fact". Glad you all left!

Do you find watching successful people in Carnivore on You Tube helpful? I do- very motivating!

I tell you Walmart has just not recovered since Covid, for products or staff. Their shelves are mostly still bare. Then when boxes of stuff come- nobody is around to help put it on the shelves. Huge difference since 2020. You here supply chain "issues" everywhere.
I went there to get simple playing cards, nope out. Hair color, nope. Just not the same. I hope you find some pool chemicals. Can you order some online?

Hang tough on your WOE- Lets us both just through TODAY!- Seriously, eat totally just BBBE for the next week or so.
Beef, Butter, Bacon, Eggs. It is a reset button.
That is my goal too! RESET/REBOOT- we gotta kill off that bacteria in the gut we grew eating crap we should not have. It is just like that. That is why we crave. Certain bacteria crave starch, and we starve them before they die. They are screaming for junk. Science. Helps to know the why.

We can and WILL do this! I am stuck and want out of bounce house. You can too! I hate to say step on the scale, but maybe it would be the ticket. Keeps stuff in check. Although clothes are a much better way. Today is the day! Just for Today!

Lori- Love your May challenge! You are going to do videos and golf?
Glad you got some sun rolling in!

You seem to have your WOE under control. Up/Down has worked well for you.

What is on the agenda today?

Nic- Enjoy time with DD tonight and family! Nice you are home for her Bday!
Oh, how nice to see your doula client! It doesn't seem she should have another kid already! Dam where does time go?

I agree with Lori- you just "do" your WOE and leave it there. Not much to think about. You just do it and MEH- go about your way. It is the way it should be. Struggling is the worst! I hit some periods that are better than others.

Does your community have a pool in DE? How is that knee or was it your foot? HAHAHAH- Some joint that was giving you grief? I guess it's gone like my memory of it so it doesn't matter! LOLOLOL

Sounds like a lovely day on tap!
--------------------------------------------------------------

So "work" went ok. Most of us still didn't have all of our equipment to set up yesterday. I still am waiting for cords and 2 large monitors.
I loved the presentation of the company and the goals for patients. I love the "pillars" of what they do. Now if they "do" half of what they talked about yesterday- AMAZING.

I did get the sense though that they are micromanaging and it is the "culture" there. They are upfront about being sticklers about time. If you are ONE FREKIN late you are LATE! ONE MIN.
I am clock in employee- but still..... ONE minute? Give me a break.
Their thing is how hard is it to clock in and be on your computer while being at home? I see both sides. But still ONE minute?

No time off until Aug. sighhhhhhhhhhh- but it DOES beat hitting up the cattle bus, traffic, and schlepping up and down the hallways of a cold and virus filled hospital. I can do 90 days and take their check with a smile!

I will be in Zoom Meetings all week! They love the "face to face". I am in the meeting for 8 hours. So ya- need a "face"..... ie, brush my hair and put on lipstick and clean shirt! HAHAHAH

One more cup of coffee and need to get moving. It will be interesting to see if my monitors come today!

Back later!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, May-02-23, 05:38

BF:

Lori ya are sounding like me putting off the grocery shopping....
my kiddo is constantly saying, hey you going to the grocery store today? I am just not going as much and she is missing her usual junk to eat....ahhh, waa, waa, too bad HA

You always enjoyed Paula B....go for it!

Nicco, happy birthday to DD! Hope you guys enjoy your time out!
cool ya keep up with some of your old clients!
You are quite the social person, way more than me LOL but in the end, gets too much ya become more reclusive to get a recharge!

Jaz, If the company says clock in at this time then yea, anything after is late I mean it is what it is on this one I get both sides on it also tho!!

Yea I watched SO MANY zc vids at this point I can't handle too many more. But every now and then I like seeing a new one where they interview a new carnivore who has healed and got great results from the lifestyle. Very motivating type vids. I got the 'science' down, don't need more of that tho now!

So you 'work' like 5 days a week online and 2 days off? or? how does your schedule go?

oh I agree it is simple clean food this month to get off the shi**s and giggles of eating a few too many bites! it ain't fun anymore when the pants start to tighten LOL but summer is here to and I will move ALOT more coming out of winter hibernation so that will help.

--------------SO I just ordered a battery power weed whacker. Our gas one is SO heavy. So big ya know for farm work that I despise that thing literally so I 'got a girly' one that is lightweight, bit shorter to swing and on battery. OK I love online shop. Free delivery, $40 off on sale...ok send to my home and let me whack some weeds. I need it for around pool area definitely....cause every time hubby whacks around pool SO much gets into pool, hate that, want a lower power to whack but not sling the debris into the pool.....ok we shall see how that thing goes down for use when I do get it.

working on kiddos college. She chose to 'do orientation' on her own at college. Made me sad. I WANT to be there but she 'wants to grow up' she said and tackle it alone. I tried hard to get her to 'let me come' but she kept to her wanting to handle it on her own....awwww....ok. Let the bird fly I guess. Gonna book a campsite near WCU and go up....see she doesn't get her real license til she passes the darn test on June 28.....so I still gotta drive her there. So will drop her off at college for orientation and 'stay nearby' in campground and pick her up the next day, yea they stay overnight and see how it goes from there. Should be very telling and interesting on it all.

Wanted to choke hubby yesterday. I tell ya guys!!
His mom is having prescription med issues and he has not handled them and I am like, WTH? get this DONE....like DONE now. I said hand it all over to me and I will have it fixed in a hot azz minute but he wants to handle it and I said then friggin' do it or get off the pot! I don't like when there is a situation and one is not handling, just spewing mouth over it....useless....and then financials for his mom he is delaying on changes he chatted with me a 'long time' ago ain't done....well friggin' do it then. See he tells me hardly nothing ya know and I 'assume', yea dumb me, that HE handles it....nope. He never made fast decisions like I do....he is the polar opposite of me which I DO need to balance me but in the end, those that don't make moves to handle issues when truly needed just drive me insane.........OK enough of that.

plus get this, I rarely remember a dream ever but last night I dreamed 'he did some crap to me' that irked the heck outta me, can't remember but I woke up just wanting to slap the crap outta him to 'doing that to ME!'...yea in a dream I had to 'cool down' before I could even speak to him this morning and yet he did nothing to me.....omgosh! I tell ya, weird I wanted to take him out the minute I heard his voice saying good morning, I was like, I am gonna kill you! I am laughing here like crazy......I gotta get a hold on me for sure

OK enough crazy......I am all clean food today. Plan 1. Eat a friggin' lb of bacon first when I want it. Got burgers to eat after when I do want it and got some chicken to boot for food today. All zc good!

ahhh, some times ya know....well I know you guys know
  #70   ^
Old Tue, May-02-23, 05:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Rain first thing this morning, but now the sun is shining. Such weird weather. We had some freaky storms yesterday afternoon. Pouring rain and wind one minute and sun out the next. Nice big rainbow last evening over the river while it was raining and the sun was shining brightly.

I have the bug to go look at new cars. DH is freaking out. He said "I thought we decided we weren't going to buy any more new cars?" Me...."Well.....?" I might go look at some not new, but newer than mine to see what's available. I'd rather have new, but dollars saved may win out. We'll see. When he left for work, he just said "Please don't buy a new car today." If I go, I'll just gather info to hit him with.

---------

Jaz......My DH would drive you crazy. We are ultra early for everything. His motto is "If you're not 15 minutes early, you're late!" I'm kind of that way too, so we get along fine. Hope your new equipment comes today.

Trig.....I'm with you. Nothing makes me madder than someone saying they're going to do something and then not doing it. I like to get sh!t done! Hope DD's orientation goes well. Nice that you can camp nearby.

Nic...Happy birthday to DD! Enjoy your dinner out.

----------

That's it from here. Off to get my workout done and go from there.

Bye!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, May-02-23, 19:00

BF:

quickie- equipment here and worked on it after work.
I am so tired- wanted a little more to eat- but taking a pass so late. I was thinking eggs- I don't like "processing food while I sleep. I will just abstain and eat earlier tomorrow.

Today at work went great. The training is AMAZING. They put alot of thought into it. Nothing like here is your chair and desk- be at rounds in 15 minutes- (last job). So the training is in 3 phases.
Phase one is 11 days.
Phase 2 is with a mentor
Phase 3 with a mentor doing.............

Then they hook you up with a mentor for a few months after..... SWEET. I can't tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking my dog, eating from home, and wearing leggings/ Shorts, and sitting at my dining room table and looking at the river and peeing in my own dam bathroom- no germs from gosh knows what.

Yeah they are sticklers about being ONTIME. But hey- no cattle bus........ OK- Traffic consists of going from my coffee pot to my dining room table. I can so handle that.

Tired ya'll. I am going to try to make this work for a good minute.

Till morning!
  #72   ^
Old Wed, May-03-23, 04:48

BF:

Good Wed. Morning-
Had to check what day it was! I tell ya!

Trig-
OMG funny about that dream! You most likely went to bed thinking about his mom and crap that needs to get done and it translated into a funky dream! I do that sometimes too! I wake up in a wad over a dream! I dream alot.

I am confused though about your MIL meds. Don't they have a NURSE at that facility to get that crap worked out? It is their job. I also hear you on $$ that needs to happen for her. Better now than later! It just gets tougher as you know to wait. Yup- best to have the Chop, pull up his suspenders and get it done!

OMG the kiddo is turning into a butterfly! SO EXCITING! I hear you on those momma heart strings. Glad though you are staying close by! Is the Chop going to? ROAD TRIP?!?!?!? I seriously can't wait to hear all about it.
You know she will have a royal ball and say "MEH, it was ok" the way kids do.

Oh yes, I love ONLINE shopping. I just ordered my mother a puzzle she should get Friday. She is into puzzles now for dexterity and then some. She is pretty good at them. I got her one of a ocean porch with a rocker overlooking the water. It is really pretty.

Enjoy that weed wacker of yours!

Lori-
- Gosh that bit of you "car looking" went right over my head when I first read it. HONEY, PLEASE DON'T BUY A CAR WHILE I'M AT WORK!!!!! That had me rolling! You got the new car itch??????
This is why I don't look at them. I could easy get one if I could afford it. They are so out laddish in price now. Holy Cow, even my 2017 is worth now almost what I paid for it, or close to it. That NEVER happens! The cure- take your CRV over to get it waxed and detailed and new car smell for 150.00. Like a new car! LOLOLOL That's the way I roll!

Golf today? BEAUTIFUL here today.

Nic- How was your evening with your DD? Any news on DS in NYC when they might move?
Our adult kids sure are living large I tell you! They are way more adventurous than I was at their age! They view the world as their oyster! Their generation really does have a better world view than our generation. It will be fun to see how they shape it.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I too had dreams, and then just got up. Mine were of water spilling into the apt from flooding from the outside. (Not raining here) I got as far as tossing blankets in front of the doors and woke up. LOLOLOLOL Don't know what that was over!

Having my coffee and watching the sun come up over the river in my "backyard". I just love the view. It is a million dollar view. I have two oak trees with the dripping moss that opens into the river view! Stunning. Before I leave, I am going to take a pic and frame it. Taking it with me!

I finally got my work area all arranged on the dining room table. Glad the table is large. I have 3 massive 24inch monitors, 2 power strips, 1 laptop, extra keyboard and mouse. Holy Cow! Then on the side, is my personal laptop. A table full of equipment. It is going to be a bear to move it all!

Speaking of moving. My son is in Greenville, he drove in yesterday. He is going to rent for 6 months and get a lay of the land. His plan is to buy a home in the spring when rate go down a bit! He is finally coming to the south! I will have both kids in the same area! That has not happened since 2009! Now there are +2 littles to boot!
Anyway, I pulled a list of places for him to tour today. I am anxious to see if he picks one!

WOE= 100% yesterday. I am only doing day by day right now. Just for today will I walk the walk! Tomorrow is tomorrow, not dealing with it.

Eats- 6 jumbo Shrimp, T-bone steak. Package of bacon to oven, 1-2 pieces before I put it in fridge! Always! Natures candy.

That is about it for now. Today we are going to fuss around with a 2 hour long presentation of benefits. Then off to do the "orientation" videos that are required. You know, diversity, sexual harassment in the workplace, HIPPA- yeah all the fun stuff. That will be my day. I will get in 2 dog walks over the breaks. Kick back with a cup of coffee and call it another paid day!

Have a great one!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, May-03-23, 06:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I'm so happy that you have a good feeling about the new job. Love it that you can stay home with pup and look out at the view while earning $$$!

Nic & Trig....

----------

Yeah, still debating about the new car. DH is starting to warm to the idea. What is really tempting me is how much they'll give me for my old one. My car is 11 years old & has 101,000 miles on it and they're still willing to give me $11 or $12K for it? I'm thinking I could get a good deal cause I would offer my car plus cash for the deal. I was thinking about going to look today, but it is still freaking raining. SO sick of this weather!

I guess I'll just stay home and avoid the cold and rain today.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, May-03-23, 16:20

BF:

Hey all,

dot down- will check in tmrw
  #75   ^
Old Wed, May-03-23, 17:04

BF:

So Lori- would you be able to get what you want- car payments?
Like a new car with zero payments? If so- zoom- payments suck. I JUST paid off my 2017 Honda and plan to run it forever. It's whatever you can $$ do and it makes sense! Keep us posted! What are you thinking?????? Curious?