Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 170/165/130
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Miller Lite

I have just started on the Low-Carb diet. I don't drink that often but when I do go out it is Miller Lite for me. I just went on the Miller Lite website and it states that there is 3.2 carbs in one 12oz beer.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/176/165
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default low carb beer

Has anyone tried the low carb beer and is it any good? A person who loves beer would love to know. I've been staying away from the beer for about 7 months now, and I could really use a cold one right about now.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 185/183/165
BF:
Progress: 10%

Michelob Ultra is the lowest carb beer I can find...2.5 grams carb per beer. (2 something-can't remember exactly)

It isn't like a bass or killians - more like a bud light, or as some say your "watery" type beer.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211.2/198/137 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 13%

I like the Miller Lite better than the Michelob Ultra. Sorry I don't know the exact carb count, but not too high. I've seen other people post about a new drink which is out in different parts of the US called Thin Ice. Some kind of low-carb drink which is supposed to have a citrus flavor and less than 1 carb. per bottle. I haven't seen it in Fliorida yet but will try it when I can locate it. Queen Bee
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 16:19
Registered Member

Stats: 192/176/165
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Thank you

Thanks for your replies!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 22:34

Stats: 236/180/145 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 62%

I was JUST at a tour of the bud factory today in St Louis and the Michelob Ultra is wonderful !

I have never been crazy about strong beer so its perfect for me - its a nice light beer that doesnt leave that nasty aftertaste behind your tounge, and its under 3 carbs for 12 ounces!
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 23:25
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking Finally, A question for me!

Until last month, I was a bartender!

Michelob Ultra really became a hot seller! At 2.6 carbs, it's light, dry, and along the same lines, taste-wise as the Miller Lite(3.2 carbs if I remember right) The miller Lite has a bit more body to it according to a few customers, but personally, I prefer the Ultra.

If you're used to a regular beer, you may be disappointed, but the vast majority of our light-beer drinkers gave it a
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 13:10

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yes, you are right potatofree. Miller Lite has 3.2 carbs (half the carbs of Bud lite). I like the taste soooooo much better than the Ultra. It's worth the extra .6 of a carb for me.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 19:02

Stats: 225/191/180 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 76%

You know......If I am watching all my carbs and I feel good I have a beer at the end of the day. Guilt free! But, sadly, did you know that beer is at the very top of the glycemic index? Along with potatoes...
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 20:39
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking Yeah, but.....

Even if you managed to chug the whole beer in five minutes, THREE grams of carbs aren't going to be able to raise your blood sugar enough to cause problems!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 21:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
Even if you managed to chug the whole beer in five minutes, THREE grams of carbs aren't going to be able to raise your blood sugar enough to cause problems!

But the 7 calories/gram in the alcohol might...depends on your personal system and sensitivity to the glycemic index of foods.

Go by your own reactions, together with the advice of those knoweldgable in the Glycemic Index and Ketosis.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 22:29

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

I tried Michelob Ultra -- didn't like it. It was everything I don't like about "lite" beer, bitter and watery. Interesting that while they list the carb count, they don't print the alcohol content anywhere that I could find on the bottle itself.

Miller Lite is starting to position itself as a "low-carb" alternative. I don't mind the flavor too much, and it's another 3.2g selection, not bad for something to enjoy with a spicy meal. It's also far more likely to be found when going out with the folks from work; they have a tendency to pick bars with a limited selection.

Most of the light beers have started printing the carb counts on their labels - Sam Adams, Coors Light and others; they all seem to run in the 9-10g range. Almost none of the regular beers, and certainly none of the micros, print nutritional information. Just for amusement, I looked at my former favorite, Guiness Draught Stout. (one of the few things I do actually regret giving up for this WOE...) They do print their breakdown--9.9g per bottle, 9.9g for the tall can.

Darn.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 14:39

Stats: 186/183/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Sleeman's Clear

Hi gang...

One of the few things I really, really missed was beer (call me the sterotypical canadian).

I don't know if you carry Sleemans in the US, but their new beer, Sleeman's Clear has 2.5 carbs per bottle and is definately satisfying.

Being used to very flavourful beers still wasn't that big of an issue. Reminded me of some beer I had while visiting the US - light flavour, a little watery (not at all meant to be an insult). Will definately work for me.

Cheers!! (B)

Rach.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 17:03

Stats: 327/271/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:Less Than Before!
Progress: 44%

I am a marketer.

This strategy is called "skim the cream" pricing.

When something is new, it commands a higher price. When the newly identified and marketable feature is added to an existing product, marketers can charge more if they target a more expensive product at it instead of their cheapest product.

After a year or so, and other companies copy you, then you can add that feature/claim to a less expensive product....

This way, for the first year, you get to "Skim The Cream" off the top of the market, meaning get the most profitable sales.

It works. So more and more marketers are doing it.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 07:50

Plan: Zone
Stats: 140/135/127
BF:
Progress: 38%

For those who mentioned they don't like beer, I found a malt beverage called "Thin Ice" with just 1 carb and 90 calories. Tastes like a Fresca! I really like it. They have a website, drinkthinice.com, if you want to find out if it is distributed in your area.