Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-18, 07:24

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
This caught my interest. Does anyone know more on the oestregen--not all estrogens are bad from what I have read. Some block other estrogens, and apparently are protective.

One of the problems with trying to research hormones is that studies can be not specifying whether they are using bio-identical or the patented kind. And it makes an enormous difference; I've seen papers where all the bad effects (like that big HRT study that shut down its use) were all done with the artificial, patented, kind.

While OTC bio-identical progesterone was very helpful, and has no tumor growth indications at all. It balances out the other hormones, which we get from our plastic-laden environment.

It's all about growth hormones; and yet fasting increases HGH for a beneficial, and anti-cancer, effect.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 06:29

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 215/215/160 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
This eating healthy is hard. So many things to consider.

I just read the coconut oil miracle by Bruce Fife. I'll never trust a standard dr again. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZNCGOBMmwE
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 06:43

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I get nervous when it gets down to a matter of "trust." Deciding what's true based on who you can trust can be dangerous. Being skeptical of claims isn't the same as being trustful or distrustful of individuals.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 10:53

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1t0s1s
I just read the coconut oil miracle by Bruce Fife. I'll never trust a standard dr again. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZNCGOBMmwE

This a great video and explained how our metabolism can slow down by eating a calorie restricted diet. This is why I think it's very important to eat more food, to keep the body from slowing down because it thinks it's starving and because you can't starve the fat off.
I love to put coconut oil in my coffee along with the cream because it has such a wonderful flavor.
Thanks for posting this video, great information for so many reasons!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 17:25

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Pastor Jim says, "Stock up for the end times at these low, low prices!"

https://store.jimbakkershow.com/pro...in-coconut-oil/

#51   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-18, 21:22

BF:

Haha, I love it, such a deal ....

Is that the same Bakker (TV evangelist) who was married to that lady with the Huge false eyelashes and 3 lbs of make-up, back in the day?
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-18, 05:18

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1

Is that the same Bakker (TV evangelist) who was married to that lady with the Huge false eyelashes and 3 lbs of make-up, back in the day?

Seems to be. New name, same game it appears. Oh well... Maybe he's right about it all and has some inside knowledge and is sincerely concerned for peoples eternal soles. It is hard to know what is in someone else's mind.

I wish him the best as he seems to be doing no harm except way over charging for coconut oil
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-18, 06:47

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
One of the problems with trying to research hormones is that studies can be not specifying whether they are using bio-identical or the patented kind. And it makes an enormous difference; I've seen papers where all the bad effects (like that big HRT study that shut down its use) were all done with the artificial, patented, kind.

While OTC bio-identical progesterone was very helpful, and has no tumor growth indications at all. It balances out the other hormones, which we get from our plastic-laden environment.

It's all about growth hormones; and yet fasting increases HGH for a beneficial, and anti-cancer, effect.

Dr Northrop holds the same view of the hormones. Unfortunately I have only found one other practitioner, who moved.

On the human growth hormone, it's connection to cancer is new to me.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-18, 18:08

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1

Yep - he's still a huckster. I took a look at his site & apparently you can't buy the coconut oil without the book unless you sign up to buy a jar a month - 16 oz for $20 bucks. I didn't check, but I'm willing to bet you'd still have to pay shipping. Cheaper to go to the grocery store & buy it.

Aside from the makeup, Tammy wasn't such a bad person. She alienated a lot of evangelicals by accepting gays.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-18, 21:58

BF:

Does he look different or what?
Tammy Fay, yes she was a novelty to look at I remember. I always thought that she had to keep the makeup on 24 hours a day because of the shear quantity of it!
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: Keto/LCHF
Stats: 237/181/173 Male 72 inches
BF:34%/22%/18%
Progress: 88%

I would agree that coconut oil is "pure poison" if you eat sugar or follow a high carb diet. Because the body can't use it, it will just be stored in the body and will raise serum saturated fat according to Dr. Volek. For those of us fat-adapted, coconut oil and saturated fat becomes a "high octane fuel" that simply transforms into "CO2 and water" when it's burned according to Dr. Phinney and Dr. Volek. That's probably why I feel so wired, like if I drank 4-5 cups of coffee, if I use too much coconut oil in one sitting.
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 13:58

BF:

Yes, I agree, using coconut oil should only be used for us who are fat adapted and not having it with sugar, like in an Almond Joy bar!
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-18, 19:50

BF:

Omg!! Added nearly half a cup to tonight's soup. Kids gobble it down yum-yum. They r used to added fats, and tonight CO was perfect for Thai stirfry.

I'll let u know if we die.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 10:04

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 215/215/160 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Dr Northrop holds the same view of the hormones. Unfortunately I have only found one other practitioner, who moved.

On the human growth hormone, it's connection to cancer is new to me.

Does bio-identical mean it's still synthetic?
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 10:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1t0s1s
Does bio-identical mean it's still synthetic?

Ah, trick question.

The over the counter product I used and the chemical listed on my pharmacy prescribed is the same name--- both were bioidenticals.

The OTC is processed from a special plant. Does that make it synthetic?? Some might think so.

It is really about how the body recognizes the chemical. It is a familiar form, or alien?

It is like strawberry flavoring-- it is either synthesized from real strawberries where a component of the whole is removed for use or a chemical that our nose recognizes as " strawberry" yet is not " natural" made in a laboratory. Our nose recognizes both as "strawberry" but the chemical make up is different, and our body recognizes a difference.