Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 11:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169.4/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile First day

Ok so today is the day! I'm excited and nervous at the same time and to top it all off, I've never posted in a forum before so everything is new to me. Hopefully I don't mess up too much.
I'm starting the low carb Atkins diet today and I have had success in it before but it didn't lose as much as I thought I would (15 lbs). I hope with the information given here and support from my comrades I will be able to lose my last 30 lbs on this diet.
My journey started 2 years ago when my father passed away. At that time I weighed 240lbs. I was a stay at home mom for 16 years and started a new job. Working inspired me to start taking care of myself and I was inspired to lose weight, unfortunately my marriage didn't survive my new lifestyle and we have since separated. So now I am a single mom of 4 children (3 of them being teenagers) with a full time job. Needless to say I'm being pulled in many directions. Anyway, I started losing weight by re vamping my diet, I went the low cal route and I was able to go down to 178 lbs which was fantastic. But, as all of you probably know, your goals change as you lose. My first goal was to be under 200lbs and when I reached that I just wanted to go down another 10 and then another 10 from there and so on and now I am where I am. At 178 I went and tried the Atkins diet and I lost 10 lbs in a month, I was ecstatic and raved about it to all my friends. Then it stalled a bit and over the next month I lost another 5lbs and was down to 163. My hope was to be in the 150s. This was during the summer and at 163 I went camping and went off plan, after that it was just one thing after another and although I tried to go back on, I wasn't able to sustain it for more than 2 weeks at a time. Thanksgiving came, Halloween, Christmas and now here we are in January and I'm hoping this time I can stay on track.
So today is the first day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 12:07

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Still 65 pounds down two years in is an awesome "starting" point. You've come to a good place for the support you need to get to goal. Support is a big part of the picture, we're all surrounded by people eating the standard diet, having an online community of people who see this way of eating as an entirely normal diet for life instead of a temporary therapy is a big deal.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 12:31

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome, you have made a fabulous start...you should be very proud of yourself. Take your time, look around, read, read, and then read some more. We are here to support you, if you have questions, just ask. Remember, one day at a time, celebrate small victories, I do suggest charting everything you eat, there is My Plan on this site, or I find the Meal Tracker on the Atkins site, much easier to follow and I like that it keeps track of your daily requirements and tells you if you are over or under what you need. I also recommend your own journal so we can drop by, follow your progress and cheer you on...have a Positive day, stop by sometime, I love company...ttyl
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 16:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169.4/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Thanks for the support! I feel really good about this and I appreciate the input no matter what it is and I'm always open to suggestions. I have been reading the posts and I've learned a tonne!
What a great way to start!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Welcome in!! Start a journal, a place where we can visit, chat and you can keep track of your progress. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 12:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I look forward to getting to know you on this forum