Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 17:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Lifted on Friday, Saturday was helping the DW.

On Sunday I hit Maryland Heights again with my backpack and 40 lb bag of wood pellets, and this time I did the entire thing without stopping...not saying I was hauling up the steep sections, but I kept moving forward

I added a few pictures from the training hike on a beautiful morning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...Yy04RXFqdG1oaGs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...NWs2MEtlWnhvbzQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...MDRkeXc4RGdTN1k

Funny thing was as I was hiking I was thinking that 3 months ago most of that 40 lbs in the backpack was packed around my midsection...really glad I no longer have to haul my gut around

And I am making progress...today I was not sore at all, just a tiny bit stiff.

Today lifted/worked out chest/triceps/legs for about an hour...I miss lifting with my son but he was nursing his wrestling conditioning beating.

Last edited by Sniggle : Mon, Oct-23-17 at 17:56.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 16:08

BF:

Lifted on Tuesday, ran 2 miles on Wednesday, took Thursday off, lifted with son on Friday (chest, triceps, dead lift, core).

This morning I did my 5.5 mile training hike again. It was still hard but again I pushed through the steep sections and completed it in about 2 hours. Then I got home, took a shower and after a bacon and eggs lunch took a nap.

Did some moderate lifting this afternoon (shoulders, back, arms), and son is off for a run, which I skipped because my legs are already done.

8 months from today my son and I will have hopefully summitted Mt Rainier and made are way back down to a well deserved meal:-)
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-19, 08:52

BF:

Hello again. Lifting today with my son, doing shoulders, back, lats and legs:

- 3X8 dumbbell presses
- 3X8 mil presses
- 3X10 shoulder shrugs
- 3X10 dumbell lat pulls
- 3X8 lat pull downs machine
- 3X8 dumbbel curls
- 3X10 squats
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-03-19, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

How are your workouts going Sniggle? I did my shoulders and legs today:

- 1 warm up set + 4X 8-10 Military press
- 4x8 standing shoulder flys
- 4x8 barbell upright rows
- 4x 8-10 leg press (squat machine)
- 4X8 -10 quad extensions
- 4X8-10 hamstring extensions
- 2X10 adductor
- 2X10 abductor

The last two I am not a huge fan of, but what the heck, I said I'll give it a try and see if they add anything to my regular workout routine.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-03-19, 12:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ron
How are your workouts going Sniggle? I did my shoulders and legs today:

- 1 warm up set + 4X 8-10 Military press
- 4x8 standing shoulder flys
- 4x8 barbell upright rows
- 4x 8-10 leg press (squat machine)
- 4X8 -10 quad extensions
- 4X8-10 hamstring extensions
- 2X10 adductor
- 2X10 abductor

The last two I am not a huge fan of, but what the heck, I said I'll give it a try and see if they add anything to my regular workout routine.

That looks like quite a good workout...how long did all that take you?

I am jealous of the shoulder flys, as my left shoulder does not permit me to do them anymore (heck, my left shoulder hurts doing, bench, mil press, and dumbbell press, but it is manageable). As far as the abductors, I just do knee lifts on the dip stand, between 40 and 50 (of course the son does handing sit ups with a 15 lbs dumbbell...to be young).

Lot of leg work...which is awesome and something I kinda neglect....I have leg work programmed in at the end of each workout (either dead lifts or squats), but because of time, fatigue or general laziness it sometimes gets dropped. I do miss the gym leg machines...they are easier on the old back.

My son and I are still kicking the same routine I laid out...about 75 minutes, 4 days a week. My son busted through a bench press plateau end of last month, knocking off 4 sets of 5 at 175, and then the next session knocked out 4 sets of 5 at 180...fun to watch as the proud father. I have been stuck at 4x5 at 210 for a while, and my shoulder is holding me back some, as well as the fact I am not young anymore. But I will soldier on:-).

Today is shoulder/back/lats/arms....it will be hard and hurt some, and I will feel beat up afterwards, but a hot shower and a little bit of whiskey afterwards will cure me
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-06-19, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey, sorry for the late response, my weekends are crazy busy lol
It takes me about 1 hour to finish that workout. I usually don't rest for too long between my sets, only about 30-45 sec. I did some cardio yesterday (Sunday) - 45 min or so, and I did back and biceps this morning:

Lat pulls 5X8-10 reps (one warm up set plus 4 regular sets)
Row 4X8-10
The Ab Bench Back Extension 2 X 10
Barbell curl 4X10-12
Preacher curl (barbell) 4X-10-12
Dumbbell Hammer curls 4X8-10

I think next time I will do one extra exercise for both back and biceps, I felt like I had more strength left at the end of the workout. I am scheduled to measure myself (chest, biceps, waist) on May 15, so I am curious to see if I lost any inches. I've switched from wearing XXL t shirt to XL - went to the store the other day and XL is now a perfect fit for me. It used to be too small. My scale is not moving much, though, so that's a bit frustrating. My weekly average weight went down, though.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-06-19, 09:34

BF:

I am stuck also at present...in fact when I weighed myself this morning I was up a pound over yesterday....ggrrr. No shit, not a single cheat since I started over 2 weeks ago.

Oh well, guess I may try to cut down on the protion intake some.

Today hitting the chest/triceps/legs again...looking forward to it:-)