Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 19:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/208/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default What can I eat next?

That is what I'm thinking right now, and I just ate.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 19:40

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

what comes to mind to eat?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 19:51

BF:

Pork fried rice.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-17, 19:58

BF:

Perhaps you should eat some then and see what happens. Watch how your mind moves. Pork fried rice dose sound pretty good. I use to eat it by the carton full. I even liked it cold out of the container in the middle of the night after I went to bed full from pork fried rice. I would stand in the light of the fridge in my underwear and eat all the pork fried rice then look for something else to eat.

I would like some pork fried rice too but I'm avoiding Grains. So that leaves me with Fried Pork - I'd have some bacon now but after all that typing I'm not hungry anymore

You will do well.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 04:06

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You have asked many questions on this forum, yet often do not return to the threads to respond. Here's one with 9 responses to your question, but no answer from you. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=476992

In this case, it would help to let us know what you decided about the various plans so we can better answer this question. Just tap on your name to see a list of all threads started by you and all your posts. Also it helps to keep Daily Notifications on, best way to see old threads that become active again.
Thanks

It's important because if you followed a plan with enough fat and protein in your meals, you would be full. Dr Westman has said that he knows a patient is doing the diet correctly if they return in two weeks and no longer have cravings. They would often say they are "just not hungry." For you to eat a full meal and then want rice indicates you might be restricting calories, not eating enough fat or protein, eating some trigger food...there is something about whatever plan you are doing now that is not working for you. We want to help you figure this out..what did you eat for dinner and whole day?

This is a link to the basic Atkins Induction plan. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
Eat only real foods on this list, measure out 3 cups of vegetables, and 2-3T cream, 3-4 oz of cheese (that is not much at all) and follow all rules, especially Eat When Hungry, Stop when Full.

All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Apr-25-17 at 05:56.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 05:35

BF:

Janet, I assume this format must seem strange to young people use to Facebook, Instragram, Snapchat, Twitter, et al. I assume Phantomess is just posting random thoughts, questions and revelations as she (or he) sees them appear. Perhaps by me responding I'm feeding that behavior, I'll refrain.

No one here really cares how you feel here. This is the internet. This place here is a gathering of like minded individuals sharing information, their stories and helping brainwash each other with low carb doctrine. If you stick around long enough some of it may be absorbed and your health may or may not benefit.

I hope the original posters does
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 06:03

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

You may not have eaten enough to satisfy you, as has been pointed out. Alternately, I think it's also possible that you didn't eat food that was interesting enough to satisfy you on another level.

If I eat a meal of tuna and olive oil, I'll probably not have to eat very much of it to be satiated--if your definition of satiated is not willing to stomach more tuna and olive oil. Blecch. If this is my only option, I'm on a deserted island with nothing but tuna and olive oil, this might even be an effective diet. But I'll have my eye out for something more interesting, and the undereating due to the low palatability of a pure tuna and olive oil diet will make it more likely that I'll take advantage of anything more interesting that comes along.

But a pork stir fry, well-seasoned with yummy on-plan veggies, maybe some sugar-free jello with a bit of heavy cream, or a coffee with some sweetener and "mountains of whipped cream," as Dr. Atkins describes in Atkins '72 (likely for somebody past induction level, since even heavy cream is more restricted during that period). I forget which book the recipe is in, but Dr. Atkins once suggested that I wrap a piece of bacon around some cream cheese, and then deep fry it. That might not appeal to you--the point is to make the diet interesting enough that it satisfies your need to get both nourishment and enjoyment. We are not just filling a gas tank here, the things that keep us alive are supposed to be pleasurable.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 07:20

Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
You have asked many questions on this forum, yet often do not return to the threads to respond. Here's one with 9 responses to your question, but no answer from you. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=476992

In this case, it would help to let us know what you decided about the various plans so we can better answer this question. Just tap on your name to see a list of all threads started by you and all your posts. Also it helps to keep Daily Notifications on, best way to see old threads that become active again.
Thanks

It's important because if you followed a plan with enough fat and protein in your meals, you would be full. Dr Westman has said that he knows a patient is doing the diet correctly if they return in two weeks and no longer have cravings. They would often say they are "just not hungry." For you to eat a full meal and then want rice indicates you might be restricting calories, not eating enough fat or protein, eating some trigger food...there is something about whatever plan you are doing now that is not working for you. We want to help you figure this out..what did you eat for dinner and whole day?

This is a link to the basic Atkins Induction plan. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
Eat only real foods on this list, measure out 3 cups of vegetables, and 2-3T cream, 3-4 oz of cheese (that is not much at all) and follow all rules, especially Eat When Hungry, Stop when Full.

All the best,

Very sound advice; this comports to my experience.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 10:57

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Pork-fried rice can be entirely on plan, made with riced cauliflower.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 12:27

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Thud- your first post fracked me up

OP- if you just ate, are you sure you aren't confusing boredom or stress or something else with hunger?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 17:18

BF:

Quote:

I certainly did not mean to be rude. I read each reply carefully and appreciate them all very much. I'll be sure to follow up more often.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 17:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Perhaps you should eat some then and see what happens. Watch how your mind moves. Pork fried rice dose sound pretty good. I use to eat it by the carton full. I even liked it cold out of the container in the middle of the night after I went to bed full from pork fried rice. I would stand in the light of the fridge in my underwear and eat all the pork fried rice then look for something else to eat.

I would like some pork fried rice too but I'm avoiding Grains. So that leaves me with Fried Pork - I'd have some bacon now but after all that typing I'm not hungry anymore

You will do well.

Lol thanks for your post. I like it cold too! I will probably have a taste of it again at some point but I'm afraid to eat anything forbidden right now.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 18:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Janet, I assume this format must seem strange to young people use to Facebook, Instragram, Snapchat, Twitter, et al. I assume Phantomess is just posting random thoughts, questions and revelations as she (or he) sees them appear. Perhaps by me responding I'm feeding that behavior, I'll refrain.

No one here really cares how you feel here. This is the internet. This place here is a gathering of like minded individuals sharing information, their stories and helping brainwash each other with low carb doctrine. If you stick around long enough some of it may be absorbed and your health may or may not benefit.

I hope the original posters does

Don't by any means refrain, I look forward to your posts!

I am not that young, but thank you I'm 41 years old.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 18:07

BF:

Quote:

Thanks

All the best,

On many days, I am not eating enough vegetables. I do eat them, just not enough for the carb requirement.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 18:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Pork-fried rice can be entirely on plan, made with riced cauliflower.

Wow! That is a great idea! I'm going to make some this weekend!