Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-18, 05:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks23cu
While you can refuse to eat in a hospital (or any other "care" facility), the food they serve MUST be crafted by dieticians following the US Government's Dietary Guidelines, plant based and NOT low carb. Forget ZC.

In some states they can even force feed you that garbage to keep you alive and "healthy".

I believe a better strategy would be to go ZC now to try to prevent cancer and stay out of "care" facilities.

Thank you for sharing your story. My journey is to avoid the cancer, and my digging also found the info on the sugar is the food for cancer cells.Going VLC has been used to kill off cancer cells by several utube posters. Some PhD's think IF and fasting is also effective.

ANd yes the hospital food is like school food, it follows the Government Dietary Guidelines, so I am trying to help my kids with better food choices.

Thank you for sharing that the doctors will fuss, to put it lightly. I already got push back from my oncologist about the dangers of potassium pill supplements so a banana would be better--I have not gone back to Dana Farber since. Praying that vlc and fasting will prevent cancer, so again thank you for sharing your journey.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-18, 10:32

Plan: zero-carb ketogenic
Stats: 205/168/160 Male 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
... found the info on the sugar is the food for cancer cells. Going VLC has been used to kill off cancer cells by several utube posters. Some PhD's think IF and fasting is also effective.

VLC diets and fasting both drive insulin low. And, among other actions, insulin is a master growth hormone.

Dr Seyfried says that cancer cells use 2 fuels: glucose and glutamine (https://youtu.be/APwnkpD_BfI?t=2385).

So it's not a lack of fuel that kills the cancer, it's a lack of insulin to direct and drive its growth.

Insulin is so important to cancer cells that they all over express insulin receptors on their cell membranes.