Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 08:47

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yes! Perfect weather this morning and I got up early not feeling like death warmed up so I was on the road before 8 and set out on my walk from Nenthead before 9. Tracks and rough moorland on the outward leg. I visited the point where the counties of Cumbria, Durham and Northumberland meet.

Solitude, I saw not a soul on the fells. Quite a few grouse. The highest point of the walk was Dead Stones at 2326', but my starting point was at 1437'. The ground was approaching as dry as it gets but I still struggle to make 2 mph on the pathless tussocks. No problem with navigation as you follow walls and fences. 8.75 miles.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, May-25-16, 14:09

BF:

Dived straight into the chores this morning; no trudge around the Village as a warm up. Consequently it had gone noon when I surfaced and I only had 1000 steps. It was cold, overcast and windy and the local walks did not appeal and though I had to go into town, neither did a long walk there.

I stopped in a village a couple of miles nearer town and did a little circular walk of a few miles down to the river, this got me up to about 5000. I managed to get the remainder by leaving the car at the supermarket and going everywhere on foot without having to deliberately go out of my way.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 11:50

BF:

Cold, overcast and windy again. I had no need to go to town but DH was going so I got a lift and was dropped off about 3 miles away along the main road. I walked back along the quieter roads, stopping off for some tea at the Watermill.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-27-16, 06:31

BF:

I thought I was going on a walk with B. but she wanted to go jogging. We were both out of practice so we went back to run 200 steps/ walk 200 steps - for 5 hilly miles.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, May-27-16, 07:22
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
Ken, you would be most welcome as a walking companion

This is what my stretch of the North Pennines is like https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HA1Z5goWLUY

I finally got this video to play last night. It would never come up on my PC -- but I tried it on my smartphone and it worked. Thanks for sharing that. Yes, they were stunning views and that hike would be a good workout. Lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
PS Wow, congrats on the < 200 !!!!!

Thank you! Now I just have to make it stick. Have a great weekend .
  #81   ^
Old Sat, May-28-16, 08:31

BF:

A veiled start to the day, so nothing exciting attempted. An extended walk round town to collect the paper, went round the little nature reserve.

Later on I did a village circuit with a little addition - I wore the hand weights I bought to use on the rebounder. They are OK for a short walk but would chafe if I moved my arms too much as in running. Still have not found the legs for my rebounder.

(The m.youtube address is because I do everything except email on my Kindle tablet. Changing m. to www. should bring up the Windows version).
  #82   ^
Old Sun, May-29-16, 11:08

BF:

A walk with I. on the Pennines. Owing to misunderstandings we did not start walking until 1100. This video https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QquwTvNk0GA shows the first half of our route and I see the lady enjoyed scrambling down by the waterfall just as much as we did! Fortunately the second half had no challenges; we returned to the start by tracks and minor roads.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, May-30-16, 13:01

BF:

If it's Monday it must be Carlisle again, even on a Bank Holiday. As I had a jogging date with B. in the afternoon I did not push it. Had a long sit in Waterstone's with a black coffee, and a bask in the park. Same jogging route as last time.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, May-31-16, 14:45

BF:

The original plan was to do a linear walk, leaving my car at one end and DH then driving me on to my start point before driving to Hexham. Neither I nor the weather seemed up to it, but as DH was looking forward to a half day in Hexham we drove there together and while he trawled for second-hand books and DVDs, I traced the nooks and crannies of the Park behind the Abbey, and also found a path that followed a stream up a small gorge. Without a map or a lot of time I did not pursue it to its end, but will suss it out properly next time.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-16, 12:22

BF:

An overcast and windy morning. I decided on a few miles drive and an hour's walk by the river as the main event, which I did midday. Took a turn round the Village earlier to acclimatise.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-16, 12:26

BF:

A lovely day but I was tethered to the house all morning waiting for a telephone engineer. Managed to get a walk round the Village done by 8 am when my vigil began. Then paced up and down the drive to make up the steps.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-16, 07:38

BF:

Another glorious summer day, a walk up one of the lower Pennine Fells with B.

http://www.markrichards.info/walk-f...alkin-fell.html
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-16, 05:19

BF:

The plan today was to get up and go do one of my favourite shorter walks in the Lake District, and shop in town on the way back home.

I was at the Aira Force car park shortly after 8, practically the only car there. In the course of the 2 hours I saw a couple walking dogs, a National Trust worker and a fellrunner. Beautiful silence; light cloud.

It was a pleasant change to park at the supermarket, go round the supermarket and get straight in the car and go home.

In this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzAnoyZGwpo the couple go up a very steep path which is officially closed; I chose the main route and did not go and play in the stream afterwards!
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 13:57

BF:

Another gorgeous summer day and I went on a walk with the local rambling group. I am not normally a fan of group rambles, but the group leader has devised a long distance walk which treads the boundaries of our area. We do 4 sections of it each summer, each section being about 11 miles, and today was section 9 out of 17. And currently we are in the North Pennines!

It was near the end of the day that we walked down from Ashgill Force and followed the river Tyne upstream for a mile or so. Next time we will pass its source. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMDAAy2Mj4
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-16, 13:08

BF:

It was Monday and it was Carlisle, but today I dropped off DH at his work and took a 30 minute drive to a tiny settlement called Lanercost, mainly known for the remains of its priory.

I was doing a 3.5 mile walk, setting off on a path by the River Irthing. Unfortunately fields 2 and 3 contained cattle. Field 2 had a large family group including a fully equipped bull, but they were away on the far side and did not find me interesting. Field 3 had bullocks, but not the unruly type. They approached me but were not aggressive, following me for a while then going about their own affairs. Anxiety level of 30, where 0 is Zen-like calm and 100 is the total terror experienced by my friend I. when anywhere near even the most tranquil cows.

It was scorching hot even before I got to the small stretch of the Hadrian's Wall path included in this walk, and I remember it was also sunny when I passed this way before doing the whole route a few years back. I remembered fondly a house where the owners ran a self-service refreshment place in one of their sheds; they stock tea, coffee, cans of soft drink and chocolate bars. I was so grateful when I discovered it just at the junction with the lane where I turned back down to the Village. No chilled sparkling water, so I had a diet coke, not something I normally have these days. And no carbage snack of course.