Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, May-12-16, 02:29

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Wednesday 11 May

Felt better today, so circuited the Village 3 times which gives 10,000 steps. Not enough oomph to venture further out. The village walk is pretty but unfortunately familiarity breeds boredom and there is a psychological rather than physical barrier to doing it frequently.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, May-12-16, 07:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I'm glad you are feeling better. Nobody likes to be sick.

I do enjoy a lovely walk in a new place. I recently visited North Carolina for a wedding. My daughter was in it so I had to be there a day early. I had time to kill, so I looked up a local parks and found one with a walking trail. It was so nice I went there twice -- the second time with my daughter.

But I also enjoy mindless, boring walks through my neighborhood. I've measured out routes for 2, 2.5, 3,4,5 & 7 mile walks. I usually decide what I want to do up front and then set out and walk the familiar path. I actually enjoy not having to think about the walk. I think about other things and my body runs on cruise control. I guess I just like walking, no matter what. I haven't run much lately. I just like walking better.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, May-12-16, 09:29

BF:

A village circuit is 1.4 miles or 3,300 steps.. To and from where the pavement runs out, or half way round the Village using a field path as shortcut is 2,000 steps. To and from the stone circle about 5,000. There is a 5.3 mile loop which passes through the next village, and a 4.5 mile loop which goes near the stone circle both of which have great views and get me over 10,000 steps.

Ken, I feel lots better so tomorrow I may do a "proper" walk (hiking boots).

Today I did a circuit round the Village in the morning, a wander round town for a little shopping and and some appointments, and another stroll around the Village this afternoon.

Current excuse for not jogging - too windy!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, May-13-16, 15:06

BF:

Never made the "proper" walk. Come on motivation!

Instead DH and I fancied going to Grasmere, because the road to it was re-opened a couple of days ago after being impassable since the winter floods. So we walked round there, and made a couple of stops on the way which also gave opportunities for wanders.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, May-14-16, 09:08

BF:

Did not wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed so settled for beefing up my trip into town to get a bit of food and The Times. Made sure to get all 10,000 steps before returning home, and spent the afternoon on the sun lounger with the paper. Tomorrow is another day.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, May-15-16, 09:54

BF:

Knowing that I was scheduled for a walk with my friend I. - who is not a fan of brisk and far - I took a turn round the Village before she arrived so as to get a head start on the steps. She then proceeded to completely wrong-foot me by not wanting to stop and turn back or cut short a route I had half-heartedly selected not expecting much of it to be done. So we did an 11 mile fell walk in the North Pennines! It was so dry up there I must take advantage before we have serious rain again.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, May-16-16, 08:03

BF:

Another meet-up for a walk, this time with B., she of the vomiting virus. Apart from that she is so run down from caring for a sick partner through terminal illness and terrible financial worries that something gentle was called for. So I went round the Village to stock up on steps, then we did a tiny portion of yesterday's walk. Parked at the top of a pass (cafe!), then walked a few hundred feet and just over a mile to a nearby hilltop for the panorama and back down for coffee. After getting home I completed my steps by walking to the end of the pavement and back.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-17-16, 06:40

BF:

Today is meant to be the last dry day for a while but it clouded over at 9 so I settled on going into town.

Before parking at the supermarket I left the car on the outskirts and took a walk down past the Sports Centre and out into the country to see whether there was any progress on the bridge repairs. The bridge was still closed, and there was no-one there, but there was more materiel on it including a portakabin (strange, because the sign said there was imminent danger of collapse!).

Turning back I decided to make a circuit using the riverside footpath as it was so dry. It must be decades since I walked it in this direction and was longer than I expected.

Running my errands in town completed the target.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, May-18-16, 12:50

BF:

Got up earlier today so managed a turn around the Village before driving to Carlisle with DH. Expected more steps on the outing but DH cut it short after disappointment of Tesco not having their own brand printer ink cartridges. Trudged around the Village again while he had his afternoon nap.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, May-19-16, 13:48

BF:

Summer is definitely over for now. Another day of going the long way round town to get a few errands done.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, May-20-16, 16:12

BF:

Walked up a fell track with my friend B. Approx 3.5 miles, a little further than Monday and a lot more up. Stunning views.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-20-16, 20:02
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
... a lot more up. Stunning views.

I want to come, too.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, May-21-16, 07:38

BF:

Ken, you would be most welcome as a walking companion

This is what my stretch of the North Pennines is like https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HA1Z5goWLUY

Today though you would have got bored doing one of my extended shopping expeditions in drizzle, but I also found a sunny spell to walk round the Village.

PS Wow, congrats on the < 200 !!!!!

Last edited by Ambulo : Sat, May-21-16 at 07:56.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, May-22-16, 09:09

BF:

Sunday walk with I. Last week we passed close to a tiny barn converted to a cottage, and I. said she would like to take photographs. So we agreed to walk up the pass by the track we used to get down from it last week, and to go right past the cottage on another track down to the valley. Getting back to the car involved a bit of a trudge along a country lane because I. did not want to use the field paths in case we encountered cattle.

Intermittent showers, and then rain as the walk ended. 8 miles.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 13:13

BF:

If it's Monday it must be Carlisle. Such a beautiful morning too. Oh, well.