Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-16, 19:29
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Look at you go. Awesome job!

I had a gray, dismal, and soggy walk yesterday. It wasn't raining when I left, but a nice little soaking shower hit not long after I started. I wasn't dressed for it. Luckily it was not too cold and the workout kept me warm. My coat was soaked when I got back.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-16, 08:51

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Today was brighter but I felt very tired after a poor night so did the bare minimum - 2 separate walks round the Village, one in each direction, and a mid-afternoon walk to the end of the pavement and back.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 09:47

BF:

Took my husband to see an exhibition about the Isle of Harris and Harris Tweed. On the way back he put me down in a village about 5 miles away and I walked home. Great views of the snow-covered hills. Damp but not actually raining.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-16, 05:24

BF:

Perfect weather for my 10k jog. I was planning to run mile 2 as well as mile 4 this time and do 400 run steps/200 walk steps for the remainder. Not long after starting mile 2 I realised that the force was not with me, so I went back to alternating after half of it. Mile 2 is undulating, with a height gain of 70'; mile 4 which I did run all of again is a descent of 102'. I was 6 minutes faster today than a week ago, 6 minutes slower than my best ever last August.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-16, 09:17

BF:

Real bits and pieces today. First I drove into town with my husband to his dental appointment on the outskirts and took a circuitous route to the town centre, then we called in at another town where we carried some donations over to Oxfam, and finally we went to Carlisle where I walked from the outskirts to Lidl while my husband took stuff to the tip. Totally unglamorous but I got 12,000.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 14:44

BF:

Damp and dismal. Straight into town for some shopping. I did a bit of needless meandering but could not get inspired. Meaning I would have to walk round the Village and then some. When I set out to do so in the afternoon it was raining steadily, so I added an extension so I could stay put when I got home.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-16, 11:32

BF:

Damp and dismal again, but little wind so I went for my 10k jog. Today the plan was to run as much as possible but to have at least 400 run steps after a walk break, and to not exceed 200 steps on a walk break, and to run the entire 4th mile again. This discipline lasted until I got near my killer hill well into mile 3, and did not get 're-established until I had gone up the final 2 slopes and was nearly at the end of mile 5. I did run mile 4, but I so wanted to stop after the first half. I was 3 minutes faster than last time and did mile 4 in 9:30, but I think I am pretty much at my limit.

Later in the morning it brightened up and I went for an amble with my friend. Over 3 miles mostly by the River Eden.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-16, 12:09

BF:

Tired after yesterday. Grey and damp again. In Carlisle as my husband was doing his tutoring, so I just left the car at a retail park, walked into the centre, looked round a few stores and had coffee, walked back. Once home I did the minimum to get to 10,000 - took a letter up to the post box, walked down to the old Methodist chapel and back, paced about in the yard.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-16, 14:58

BF:

Grey and dismal. Minimalist again; a 4 mile road walk from home.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-16, 12:01

BF:

Close to home again. A village circuit in the rain; later on a village circuit in bright Sun and strong westerly wind; lastly a visit to both ends of the pavement in rain and strong wind.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 12:59

BF:

My husband fancied a day out so we drove over to York, and while he drifted around the city centre I put in about 9 miles on the cycle paths. Good training for next week.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-16, 11:00

BF:

Today an electrician came to work on our TV ariel and cables so I left him and my husband to do some male bonding and went to town on a few small errands. The plan was to accumulate whatever steps on this and drive on to the lake for a scenic stroll, but it got cloudier and I had had enough driving yesterday so I spun things out in town until I had had enough - and 13,000 steps, fortunately.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-16, 12:39

BF:

Today was still and sunny. Went over to visit my jogging partner. We have not jogged together since September when her husband's health took a sharp downturn. He passed away this week. We walked round one of our favourite jogging routes from her house, about 5.5 miles. Lots to talk about.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-16, 09:11

BF:

Started the day with a jog. Shorter route, 3.57 miles, run 200/walk 200, no watch, no stress. For one thing, I did not want to fill my lungs with fog. Then I took a letter up to the post box (500 steps). Later I met up with a friend and drove down Ullswater. We parked at the Aira Force car park and did an unchallenging circuit to the top of the waterfalls. Some time after I returned home I took another letter to the post box. It turned into a lovely calm, sunny (but not hot) day.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-16, 12:31

BF:

Unnecessarily circuitous routes to shop in Carlisle.