Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-13, 16:45
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Whoo hoo LivinrRight... I am so envious right now

Happy Happy Dance...

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-13, 16:47
Triple digit loss

BF:
Talking Going to the Dr. Office

I had to strip naked for the Gynos today...

And the best part was I could actually fit into the gown they gave

Whoo Hoo.....

Other great thing, I found with age is as I get I am not as self conscious as my body. I have a screw it attitude
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-13, 13:09
Triple digit loss

BF:

when you look at a reflection in a door while out and you say holy crap I am thin...

Did that today. In general around the home in the mirrors. I really don't see the difference. Realy weird how mind plays games on you. Even taking photos I don't see alot of difference every 20 pounds.

but today, I went to PT for my vertigo. And I was wearing my new T3 Lane Bryant jeans. And I saw my reflection and I was like holy crap do I look thin.

That was a nice feeling and quite a lovely shock.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-13, 21:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Being able to climb a set of stairs and to tie my shoes with out huffing and puffing!
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 06:01
Triple digit loss

BF:

Kevsmama, oh yeah I hear you. Especially tying shoes!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 06:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/178/150 Female 5'.5"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
I had to strip naked for the Gynos today...

And the best part was I could actually fit into the gown they gave

Whoo Hoo.....

Other great thing, I found with age is as I get I am not as self conscious as my body. I have a screw it attitude

AHHHHHH the annual "Poke 'n prod" exam...don't ya just love 'em? Congrats on the gown fitting...

I lost my self consciousness in my freshman gym class locker room at the ripe old age of 14...and gained my "screw it attitude" through the years, while having six kids...Have always been a "tomboy" and a true believer in the comfort over style way of dressing...My kids tell me I'd make a good candidate for the t.v. show "What not to Wear"...except that I'd most likely turn down their offer to go shopping...'cause I HATE shopping...I love reading about everyones wardrobe successes...but my lofty goal is to get small enough to be able to wear button fly levi jeans again...have no clue as to how I ended up with three daughters who love clothes and shopping for them...lol
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 08:49
Triple digit loss

BF:

Ah loletalynn, you were so far ahead of me in that respects(body image). I envy that you had that. I am glad that I finally got at 43... huge stress and weight(no pun intended ) off my shoulders!

I was such the tomboy when I was younger, my mom really didn't like how I dressed. As I dressed very business like blazers, turtle necks, sweaters, oxfords all in the basic blue, black, red, yellow, orange occassional pink.

She always tell me how she wished I wore more soft pastel girl colors... Not the colors I like. I like color just bold like royal purple, royal blue, ect...

I hated shopping just cause of my size. I have always had a big frame (not fat) and big boobs and it made finding clothes when I grew up extremely difficult. I was a 12-16 in size depending on the style and what it was.

Looks like you are making good progress towards your levi dream. 42 pounds so far whoo!hooo!
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 10:42

Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

One of the best things about these forums, for me, is being free to say anything about how we feel and how much we weigh and what we can/can't fit into! I can't imagine having these conversations with my husband, family OR friends, but here it's okay. It is so helpful.

These forums may end up being the number one reason I'm able to stay this course ... time will tell but it sure is great to be here!

Caroxx
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-13, 09:57

Stats: 260/178/150 Female 5'.5"
BF:
Progress: 75%

sorry to say that my total comfort with how my body looked didn't happen back in high school...I wasn't over weight back then..so it was just the modesty I lost...Didn't start gaining weight until after I started having kids...gained 46 lbs with the first one (at age 18) and was able to lose it ....same with the next two...

My weight problems started when I was in my mid-twenties and married for the second time...His words to me shortly after we married were "I'm so glad you're thin because I could never love a fat woman"..combine that with the crappy diet of poor- man's pasta, potatoes, rice...and fatty meats...and there you have it....oh yeh, and add on two more pregnacies...

I was forty and finally free of said husband when I finally decided that HEY I'M OK...My beloved aunt told me once that when I hit my forties I would be able to look at the world around me and say "screw it !!!" and no longer worry about anyone's oppinion of me...and SHE WAS RIGHT !!!

I'm 72 now.....I have two daughters who struggle with their weight and one who takes after my sister and is in total control of her food issues..And I'm gaining more control each and every day...as is the daughter I live with...PRAISE GOD!!!

Lovinita.....I had to laugh when I read about your Mom not liking the way you dressed....My poor Mom at least had my little sister (4 years younger than me) to play girly-girly dress up with...Being raised in the fifties the only time I got to dress MY WAY was after school and Saturdays...the rest of the time, like it or not, I HAD TO wear dresses or skirts/blouses...I don't even own a dress now...haven't worn one since I was in my mid-forties...

I checked out your profile and noticed that we started this journey on the same day...so as wonderful as my 42 pound loss is....I am super excited for your 96.5...Congratulations...

Caroxx......No question about it...this forum WILL BE one of the best things ever...I don't post often...but read EVERY DAY and I gain SO much strength...it's like having a dozen best friends who REALLY do understand what you're going through..
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 03:44

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
when you look at a reflection in a door while out and you say holy crap I am thin...

Did that today. In general around the home in the mirrors. I really don't see the difference. Realy weird how mind plays games on you. Even taking photos I don't see alot of difference every 20 pounds.

but today, I went to PT for my vertigo. And I was wearing my new T3 Lane Bryant jeans. And I saw my reflection and I was like holy crap do I look thin.

That was a nice feeling and quite a lovely shock.

I had this same experience at Wal-mart last week. Walked past a full length mirror (don't have one at home) and assumed it must be made to make people look thinner than they are, so they'll buy stuff. But the mirror at work is projecting back a similar image.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 03:47

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroxx
One of the best things about these forums, for me, is being free to say anything about how we feel and how much we weigh and what we can/can't fit into! I can't imagine having these conversations with my husband, family OR friends, but here it's okay. It is so helpful.

These forums may end up being the number one reason I'm able to stay this course ... time will tell but it sure is great to be here!

Caroxx

I second that! An online forum was a huge part of my success on my first round. Ironically, it fell apart/disappeared right around the time I fell off the wagon.
This forum is helping me to stay focused and motivated this round, and I'm very glad it's here for me/us.
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 18:22
Triple digit loss

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoletaLynn
My weight problems started when I was in my mid-twenties and married for the second time...His words to me shortly after we married were "I'm so glad you're thin because I could never love a fat woman".

LoletaLynn, Oh my that must have been hard to deal with as you gained weight. I know my hubby never said anything but he treats me way better now that I lost 99 pounds so far. Which is kinda funny, since he is a tad (not hug maybe 40 pounds) over weight.

Quote:
I was forty and finally free of said husband when I finally decided that HEY I'M OK...My beloved aunt told me once that when I hit my forties I would be able to look at the world around me and say "screw it !!!" and no longer worry about anyone's oppinion of me...and SHE WAS RIGHT !!!

i love the wisdom, acceptance, and let go that comes with getting older.
Quote:
I'm 72 now.....I have two daughters who struggle with their weight and one who takes after my sister and is in total control of her food issues..And I'm gaining more control each and every day...as is the daughter I live with...PRAISE GOD!!!

That is great to here. And it is great that they have you to help them!

Quote:
Lovinita.....I had to laugh when I read about your Mom not liking the way you dressed....My poor Mom at least had my little sister (4 years younger than me) to play girly-girly dress up with...Being raised in the fifties the only time I got to dress MY WAY was after school and Saturdays...the rest of the time, like it or not, I HAD TO wear dresses or skirts/blouses...I don't even own a dress now...haven't worn one since I was in my mid-forties...

LOL... I had no trouble wearing skirts, and dress slacks. I actually like it. But my style and color choices where not soft on the eyes. They were bold colors, that where the representation of how I went after life (thinking back on it).

The worst was when my mom try to convince me to look like her and get an affro perm. Boy I would have looked awful in it. She got one and just wanted me to play dress up with here and look a like.

I am sure glad I wasn't in the 50's and was allowed to say "NO".
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 18:24
Triple digit loss

BF:

LivinRight, that must have been a great feeling!!

lately, I am getting more and more glimpses of my skinnier self.

And it is whicked cool!
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-13, 18:28
Triple digit loss

BF:
Talking

So, I love having extra room in my chairs...

The other day I was sitting in my living room chair. And I usually have 3 pugs, up on me.

But before they Pugged me, I noticed I had probably a good 4-7 inches on the right side of me in space where zoe lays. She lays on my leg normally. But now if I want i can scooch over and she can lay on the chair.
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-13, 09:49
Triple digit loss

BF:

Another thing I love, is wearing tighter clothes...

And with that... Now my boobs are out farther than my belly.

They are no longer one or the belly bigger than the boobs...

I wore a tight tank under a long sleeve open sweater today to work with some jeans... All new clothes...

And I feel sexy for the first time in a long time, showing off my new figure..