Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 12:09

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Post Recommit?

I've been so off plan! I do want this weight off and know that this is about the only way I've ever gotten the weight off.

I know that as a slim, trim person, I won't act any dumber than I do now. I won't dress or behave inappropriately due to my weight. Just because I'm slim and trim, doesn't make me much different than I am now, mentally. EXCEPT I don't have to be ticked at myself cause I'm overweight.

I think the red wine vinegar is nearly out of my system. I accidentally ate some cow's milk yogurt and that's still working it's way out of my system. I'm still having sinus problems from it.

Yesterday I wanted to eat carrots and yogurt all day (my homemade goat's milk plain yogurt) so that's what I did. Bit heavy on the fiber! That's very off plan! I've had some more yogurt today. I've had some nasty skin problems and thought perhaps yogurt will help get rid of them. Think it's been that red wine vinegar all along. My skin is slowly clearing, and it's such a relief!

I had no idea menopause would be like having PMS every couple of days. Water retention, oversensitive to external stimulus. Hope DH doesn't have me shot!

I know this woe is keeping me from gaining weight, now to climb back on. But I want to eat my yogurt.

Is this the time for us all to recommit, and tighten our plan?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:59

Stats: 195/175/165
BF:26/19/15
Progress: 67%
Cool Joining in

Hi everyone! I'm new to low-carb eating, and to this forum. This looks like an great thread. I hope no one minds if I join in.

I've been doing CALP for 4 weeks now. I've lost ten pounds and feel super. The only sad part is that it took me so long to find this WOE. Having tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and other diets, I know now that the reason I couldn't stick with them for more than two weeks was that my carb addiction made me feel hungry all the time.

Next week, we are going to a family wedding in Ann Arbor, MI, and then I'll be visiting my parents in NYC. I'm sure that it will be difficult to stay on the plan while travelling, and would love to hear what has worked for you.

Thanks, and happy low-carbing!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:15

BF:
Post Welcome

Of course you can join! Welcome!

What works for me for travel is I stay away from sugary things mostly and don't beat myself up when I get home if I wasn't perfectly on plan. Life happens, ya know? I don't use it as an excuse to binge, and don't stress out over any of it. The basics of this plan is knowing which vegetables and which proteins we can have an abundance of. Look at what you can have, not what you can't. You're doing great with a 10 pound loss already. Just hang in there and do what you can to stay on plan. Tighten it up when you get home.

Beverley
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 10:56

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Checkin' In

Good Morning!

WELL..... I am still holding at 146. Funny thing..... every time I go to write my weigh in's in my journal I think of myself as being 156. I still cannot believe I am under 150. Just haven't seen it in years.

Welcome to the crowd Tiger. I am so very glad that you have found CALP and that it is working for you. Remember, down the road, to incorporate the Options for Life. Makes a big difference for many of us.

When you go to Ann Arbor take your book with you. My first outing like that was difficult not because of finding the right foods but because of trying to explain my diet to everyone and their dog. Many people just do not get it and although I had read my book MANY times it was hard for me to explain exactly how it works. Now I don't even bother. I tell people that I live on a slightly lower carbohydrate diet and that I have cut a lot of sugary things out of my diet. End of Story.

Do you have a journal? I hope so.... ...... if not..... get one! Track EVERYTHING that is relevant to you. Even your moods or situation with your trip. Then you can look back down the road and see what works great and what needs to be changed. Do your weekly weigh ins....... and let us know how you are doing!

Catch ya'll later......
Libby

Last edited by Libbyfcr : Wed, Jun-12-02 at 11:04.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:48

Cool Thanks for welcoming me

Thanks Libby & Beverly for the helpful suggestions and support. I haven't been journaling--it hasn't seemed necessary--but I think its a great idea for the trip, where it will be hard to stick strictly to the WOE.

Regarding the Options for Life, I'm already doing several of them. The less-caffeine option was a no-brainer for me, as I have been avoiding caffeine for years (it keeps me up at night). I've also been excercising 5-6 times weekly for 30-60 minutes. I do walking and bicycling outdoors, and weights and treadmill at the gym. I believe the exercise, along with the diet, is key to my rapid (so far) weight loss.

Finally, Libby, I know something of how you feel. Just today I was marvelling at the somewhat-slimmer me. I tried on some older clothes, and was pleased that a couple of them now fit me again. The fact that most of them are still quite a bit too tight reminded me of the need to keep with the plan!

Hope your week goes well.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 23:08

BF:
Post Journal

Oh, I hadn't journaled in a week and boy I've paid the price! Off plan. I've been trying to talk myself into or out of getting back on plan. This morning I woke up HOT HOT HOT! Hmmmm OMG, that's right. A dr on TV said to prevent hot flashes go low carb! I'm back on! There are some things in life I refuse to have. One was morning sickness, the other is hot flashes! I know, two different age groups there, but I'm a determined person.

I wonder sometimes which is more important, journaling or drinking water? I can look back over the years to see what's working and why I'm doing something. I wrote in my journal about spilling vinegar on my supper, then recorded the symptoms I had from it. If memory goes, it's written down so I can review it. I also don't dare add salt to food, it tends to increase my appetite.

Enjoy your trip Tiger.

Beverley
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 12:02

BF:

Quote:
I wonder sometimes which is more important, journaling or drinking water?

Hmmm............. I imagine that if I were deprived of both of these things I would probably search for my water before my journal........... but I would have to think about it first! LOL

Libby
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 18:39

BF:
Post I did it!

You can count me as officially recommitted! I may or may not be a full fledged carb addict, I doubt if I am. This woe works for me though. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 19:12

Cool Back from the trip

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I used them, largely stuck with the plan (with the notable exception of the wedding day itself, which I felt was hopeless), and had a really great trip. Despite consuming a few "extras", I actually lost a pound while travelling!!!

Some notes that may be helpful: Since I was mostly eating out, I either skipped breakfast or had an omelet and coffee. Lunch was almost invariably a big salad with some cheese. Dinners were often nice meals with dessert in fancy restaurants. The key for them was to order a salad, not eat the bread or potatoes, and save the carbs for dessert. Knowing that I had a "treat" coming, I could hold off on the other stuff. I also drank much less wine with dinner than I used to (1/2 a glass instead of 1-2 large glasses).

Thanks again! I'm recharged and ready to keep at it.

Best wishes,

Tiger
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 11:31

BF:
Default Week 17

I do believe we are on week 17.

I am sorry I haven't kept up well. I have been so busy and am not getting any time on the internet.

Last week I had a weekly average loss of .3 of a pound.
This week I showed a weekly average loss of 1.3 which made me a little happier. Basically I have been bouncing back and forth within a few pound range. I think it is getting much harder now that I am closer to goal.

How are ya'll? Everyone sticking with the program? I hope all is well with you and yours.

Libby
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 12:44

BF:
Default WEEK 18

HAPPY JULY................ WEEK 18

Well I can certainly see that everyone has been as busy as I have.

Today is Monday, July 1st.........and I did my averages today. I am down exactly one pound. One little pound. Well........ one pound at a time suits me just fine.

I am enjoying my new body. I feel 10 years younger and hope to think that I look it too. Well.......... maybe 5? I cut my hair last week. Took 6 inches off of it. It is much curlier now that the weight is gone. Someone at work told me that I look younger because of it. Made me feel good!

I hope that all is well with all of you CALPers and that you are managing to keep your spirits up while you are walking down the path to your own wellbeing. My path has been difficult and confusing at times......... but right now I am walking through the flowers.

Be well,
Libby
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 08:28

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Knock, Knock! Can I come in?

I started the CAD program all over again today! I've spent a good few months ignoring everything that worked when I started this in the first place and I NEED to get back on the program.

I gained 4 pounds back, not terribly bad, but gained not lost.

I had my Complimentary breakfast and am looking forward to my Complimentary lunch and a great dinner. It was so easy when I started this the first time, effortless even. I don't know why it's been impossible lately except for the fact that I'm truly addicted to carbs. That's all I've seemed to eat.

I've missed the Low Carbers forum more than I realized. I hope to see you all more regularly.

Congratulations on all your continued successes!

Lisa
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 22:16

BF:
Default Icon!

Good for you!! Starting fresh!! I hope that things are going well for you and I hope that we get to hear from you more often.

I am hanging in there............... doing the same old same old. Weight is not changing much, but I guess eating cake did not help my cause out much. LOL. Gota do that once in a while ya know!

Must run.............
bedtime stories are waiting to be read.

Libby
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 07:21

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Ok.. here we go

I didn't get to post until today but it's all good!

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon
L: salmon, cucumbers w/good seasons dressing
D: Salad, Spagetti and meat sauce (my spagetti is cooked
cabbage), roll, butter, 3 cookies
W: not enough water, but getting back to business is hard work!

I feel pretty good about yesterday. I've been fighting a mental block about low carbing again, but I think the fog is clearing and I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Lisa (LCON109)
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 11:36

BF:
Talking Week 19

Guess what? It's Monday Morning............ WEEK 19.

Time to check in. Anyone brave?

Okay.......... my weekly averages put me .2 of a pound higher than last week. Today I weigh 144. Not to bad I guess. I am still working on eating right and I know that I will reach my goal even if it takes longer than I had anticipated.

Must run..........

Hope all is well with you.
Libby