Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-13, 14:08

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Wow you are going far - excellent! How long does 5 miles take you? I am just timing for 30 min - I don't know how far I go.
Kat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-13, 14:27

Plan: Whole Foods Atkins
Stats: 178/168/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

Here it takes about an hour to do 5 miles...very brisk walking and sometimes a bit of jogging. It is easy to walk here cause lots of nice paths. The way I figured it out is...
Walked to a nice lookout point and did google map on my phone. It pin-pointed me and then I asked for directions back to where I started. It gave me the mileage. I am sure there are easier ways or apps made just for tracking distance but this worked for me. I was surprised it was that far!
Keep going...you are doing great!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-13, 14:30

BF:

OK...did last walk before leaving AZ early in the morning. Tomorrow will be walking in airports...car, plane, taxi, bus to get where I am going. Will not be on-line much this next week but planning to walk each day in downtown Seattle. Don't know about 5 miles...an hour, but lot's of things to look at!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-13, 23:57

BF:

I have been walking 2 miles a day to and from Convention Center. Then at my break am trying to walk an hour...it is chilly so not my favorite...window shopping so going kind of slow!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-13, 17:44

BF:

Just basic walking to bus and convention center. Tired today so resting during my break. Planning to walk downtown tomorrow morning...maybe 4 miles? Will check.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-13, 18:59

When do you get to come home? Good for you for all your walking! It's fun in the city - so much to see.
Kat
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-13, 23:20

BF:

Hi Kat...Tomorrow to see kids and grandaughters and then home Sat.
Today....
It was wonderfully sunny in Seattle, although windy. I walked up Queen Anne hill to Trader Joes, bought an orange, walked over to a sweet little neighborhood park, down the hill through Seattle Center, to the bank, down to the waterfront where I sort of meandered along. All of a sudden I realized I was running late so made a mad dash jog to meet my BFF at the ferry. We rode to Bremerton, hung out, rode the ferry back to Seattle, ate dinner at Anthony's looking out to the Bay and lights. Lots and lots of walking and exploring...I saw crocuses, the train, people, water, ducks, sunshine, kids playing, almost the Chihuly Garden Show ($29 entry fee!)...walking is good!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-13, 23:34

BF:

Not much walking today. Did run to the grocery store and back. Then taxi to train...walking lugging too heavy suitcase and bag...lol...weight training. Tomorrow will walk with my granddaughters to the park. Oh, and daughter says we are going to the pool.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-13, 21:03

BF:

Wow...where did this week go! I was with kids and grandchildren. Walked every day...yesterday went on a 5-6 mile hike out in the woods of central Oregon w son and his fiance. Muddy! And my new exercise shoes! But it was a lovely day and felt good...a bit of heavy breathing on my part keeping up with these two 30 somethings...lol! Anyway...today cars, planes...now home. Beautiful sunshiny Alaskan Interior...longer days...snow for another month...perfect x-country skiing weather. Want to start this week although I know it will be very busy as I am teaching every day this week....third graders...that will keep me hopping! Well...will keep at it!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-13, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
yesterday went on a 5-6 mile hike out in the woods of central Oregon w son and his fiance. Muddy! And my new exercise shoes! But it was a lovely day and felt good...

I bet that was just beautiful. Oregon is so green and lush.
Kat
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-13, 01:10

BF:

Yes, it really was sweet! Now I am back home. Sunshine all day, weather in the 40's, lots of fresh powder snow. Am trying to get x-country skiing. Maybe tomorrow. I can go out my front door.
However....today I swam laps for an hour. My new swimsuit fit great....scale weight did not show a change but I feel good and keeping at some type of exercise every day.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-13, 16:56

BF:

Swam laps...super busy with Art Expo Saturday
But at least got laps in!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-13, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalmon
However....today I swam laps for an hour. My new swimsuit fit great....scale weight did not show a change but I feel good and keeping at some type of exercise every day.

Nice! It does feel good to do something daily. At least your suit fits better - inches are probably being lost instead.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-13, 18:37

BF:

Finally...X-country skiing today. Sunny,
45 degrees, nice powder. Good workout.

Last edited by vsalmon : Fri, Mar-08-13 at 20:35.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-13, 00:17

Look at you, skinny! You look great. X-country skiing is fun. I haven't been in decades!
Kat