Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Kristy, have you looked through our recipe forums for inspiration? There is a sticky thread in each of the subforums with links to Induction suitable recipes. Here is the link: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Oh cool thanks! That's amazing (i loved cooking before, actually my whole life) i've found my cooking creativity has been zapped by a drastic shrink in ingredients maybe this'll get my creative juices flowin'!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinright
Allowed foods found here:
http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase...this-Phase.aspx

If you want to lump everything to together, then it's technically 3 foods.... meat, fats and veggies.
Sounds like your "won't eat" food list is bigger than the can't afford list.
I started this diet eating very few of the allowed veggies. I didn't like most of them. But my tastes changed as I got use to not having sweets. I even did the "happy dance" in the frozen food isle over a new veggie blend once

Sometimes it's more how you think about things than anything else. If you focus on all the things you can have instead of all the things you can't, it becomes a better experience.

even if you're eating the same main ingredients over and over, you can doctor them up to add variety. I could eat beef and cabbage daily for weeks and not have the same exact dish twice.

That list is top notch, but as i said 80% of the great stuff is maybe a once a month kinda deal in expense (the study for diet planning for Forbe's magazine 2010 listed Atkins as the most expensive even over weight watchers, but just under jenny craig, so i'm not making it up). Also i think that not liking 4 things in the entire food world is pretty small lol. I will EAT hamburger meat in a pinch, i just don't enjoy it always tastes like i'm biting directly into a cow. I use onions in foods that are cooked where it basically desolves, i am very sensitive to peppers, i break out around the mouth even with abell pepper, so i'm okay not liking them as they have bad effects on my anyway (including bad indigestion when i have tried some salsas), and mushrooms taste like spongy slimy dirt boogers lol when cooked, and taste worse to me uncooked lol. Yeah i may have 4 things i don't like, i can't help those just happen to be what is allowed. My husband hates FISH, (I LOVE IT) the smell of it makes him gag, i could afford the talapia or tuna every now and again i suppose but i will just have to cook him a separate meal. (jezz the last time i bought canned tuna it was 49 cent now it's $1+ for tiny little can... ) i might have to get a job to support my food habit, how "fat" does that sound lol.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 20:07

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Plan some leftovers for hubby and have fish!
I actually spend less on food doing Atkins than when I wasn't.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 20:45

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
If this is true then why before i started l/c and was eating carbs did i not eat more than 1x a day? maybe the actual science is true, but for me this is not a true statement. I was and am still hardly EVER hungry, i usually just got a headache or because i had to cook dinner for my husband realized "oh i haven't eatten, i better do that."

This and your initial question of why do LC rather than any other way of eating got me thinking. I continue to eat low carb for a number of reasons, including that my overall health has improved. The other reason is that I have substantially LESS hunger eating low carb. If you are eating more (and presumably gaining weight) eating LC, perhaps it is not for you. I have read that those who are not insulin resistant may do better with low fat/low calorie. When I was younger, I lost just fine that way. It has only been in the past 10 years that LC has been so much better for me.

So, maybe you should jump ship and pursue a low calorie plan? Lots of people lose weight that way. If you have less hunger eating that way, then it may be better for you.

If you decide to stay LC, you may want to stop reading internet articles by detractors and read work by Dr Steve Phinney and Jeff Volek, Dr Eric Westman, Gary Taubes, Dr Mary Vernon, Dr Peter Attia, Dr Robert Lustig, Dr Wiliam Davis, Dr Andreas Eenfeldt to name a few. Having a positive attitude will help get you through the first few tough weeks. It gets easier once you are fully adapted to low carb eating, and weight loss does NOT necessarily stall at the 2 month point. Yes, our bodies may be resistant to losing weight, but it CAN be done. It's not always easy, but with the right attitude it CAN be done. And it's worth it.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
This and your initial question of why do LC rather than any other way of eating got me thinking. I continue to eat low carb for a number of reasons, including that my overall health has improved. The other reason is that I have substantially LESS hunger eating low carb. If you are eating more (and presumably gaining weight) eating LC, perhaps it is not for you. I have read that those who are not insulin resistant may do better with low fat/low calorie. When I was younger, I lost just fine that way. It has only been in the past 10 years that LC has been so much better for me.

So, maybe you should jump ship and pursue a low calorie plan? Lots of people lose weight that way. If you have less hunger eating that way, then it may be better for you.

If you decide to stay LC, you may want to stop reading internet articles by detractors and read work by Dr Steve Phinney and Jeff Volek, Dr Eric Westman, Gary Taubes, Dr Mary Vernon, Dr Peter Attia, Dr Robert Lustig, Dr Wiliam Davis, Dr Andreas Eenfeldt to name a few. Having a positive attitude will help get you through the first few tough weeks. It gets easier once you are fully adapted to low carb eating, and weight loss does NOT necessarily stall at the 2 month point. Yes, our bodies may be resistant to losing weight, but it CAN be done. It's not always easy, but with the right attitude it CAN be done. And it's worth it.

My point really was that, low calorie didn't work either. I am not hungry whether i'm eating carbs or not carbs. low calorie or high calorie. I tend to end up right where i am now eating 1 actual meal a day. For the past couple years i never intended to be "dieting" before starting L/C in december, it just happened to be that i only ate around 1200 or less calories a day in a single meal because that was all i normally ate. My weight never changed, it has been the same. If i do the same "routine" (eating only 1 meal a day, i was only hungry hungry the first 3 days of L/C) L/Cing will my body adjust and even though there aren't carbs in it will i once again not lose weight? That's my biggest worry, and curiosity. In the PAST when i did go a on a low calorie diet, yes it worked, but that was when i was in my early 20's and as soon as life/friends/going out/drinking became a regular thing i would fall of the low calorie diet, and thus gain the weight back. B12-B6 shots worked the exact same way, i lost the weight i maintained (so long as i took the shots) when i couldn't afford them (also the place closed in my town so it was a 30 minute drive every single week) i gained the weight back. But these past few years, food hasn't been a big part of my life i guess i've "settled down". The weight however stayed and hasn't budged even though i don't consume much. Everyone tells me it's because i starve myself all day and my body stores it all for later use. Well if that's true, if i eat only when i'm hungry on Atkins, won't my body stay the same? Will i still lose? These are the questions running through my mind. Are there just some people who have to "move/exercise" to lose weight and maintain? anyways... thanks for the post but giving up isn't an option, i'm not a quitter (i may complain.... ) i will give it a solid try before saying "it didn't work for me." I will devote a minimum of 3-4 months to the plan. (around when most people claim they stall) if i haven't lost a significant amount of weight (as in at least an addition amount to what i lost in induction, since most of induction weight loss IS water weight) that to me will say whether it's working or not.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 02:21

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think the answer should be no. It is not "calories in, calories out". The principles behind low carb may be counter-intuitive, but you can really eat a lot more and still lose, provided only a very small amount of it is carbs. People who tend to eat a lot will probably eat less on low carb - I think I do, on balance - but people who don't eat a lot and still can't lose probably need to eat more, particuarly some fat, so that the body will start letting go of its fat stores. As long as you it carbs, especially if you're not eating much anyway, it will hold on to them. Of course if you eat a lot of carbs, you'll gain. But if you eat protein in moderation, some good fats (some animal fat, cheese, fish and vegetable oil, real butter, cream, etc.) and carbs only the form of green veg and salad, you keep your insulin level down and your body will use its fat stores before storing more.
Good for you for giving it a chance. I'd be very surprised if you don't get results.

Last edited by Lulumae : Fri, Jan-11-13 at 02:22. Reason: typo
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 05:47

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

On the subject of boredom. If I could afford rib steak at every meal, I'd eat rib steak at every meal. I'm not bored with the same thing every meal. I'm thinking this has to do with habit rather than taste. Here's one perspective on hunger:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=448550

If hunger is just a matter of habit, and if the prospect of eating the same thing every meal is not appealing, then maybe the thing we're eating does what it's supposed to which is nourish us, compared to what we used to eat before. When we cut carbs, we changed one thing. But changing that one thing forces us to change another thing - our habit of eating at a certain frequency and interval. Like I said, when I cut carbs completely and went all-meat, I often forgot to eat, and didn't suffer one bit from that. My habit changed naturally as the thing I was eating now was doing a much better job of nourishing me. Eventually, I had to change something else too - my perception of just how much food was right for the job. Fat meat is very filling. So a much smaller amount of it could do the same job.

That's just me but my n1 experience shows me that there's more to it than just taste when it comes to boredom.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 09:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/214/165 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 25%

research low carb meals. You can make tons of options. you can sub any meal into low carb. just google the meal. put the words low carb in front and tons of sites come up with ideas to make that meal low carb. This is what I do when I need a change up.

induction is short. 2 weeks. you can do that. Phase 2 you get a bit more ingredients to make different meals.

look we all know that the basics are best to eat. fresh meats, fresh produce, no chemical frankenfoods and no sugar/bread crappola.

Any foods that are man-made are processed to some degree. So the basic foods in life are meat, seafoods, veggies, fruit and water

what atkins gives me is a healthier body. pure and simple because it eliminates all frankenfoods. sure you can eat some, people have to choose. I don't. I am sticking wtih fresh foods from here on out.

my stores always have shrimp at buy one get one. seafood was on sale in all stores over the holidays. my freezer is full at low cost

any time there is meat on sale my freezer is loaded. london broil buy one get one. down to $2.80 per lb. Sure I grab them. they go a long way for meals.

LC you will be thinner at a higher weight. Less fluffy than at a low fat diet.

Metabolisms of most are screwed up before you start a eating plan. It takes time to balance that out.

I bet in 3-4 months you have decided to give this plan a try, I know you will be happy wtih the results and how you feel.
Nothing changes overnight or in 2 weeks. Time is required.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 09:15

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyRusi
My point really was that, low calorie didn't work either. I am not hungry whether i'm eating carbs or not carbs. low calorie or high calorie. I tend to end up right where i am now eating 1 actual meal a day. For the past couple years i never intended to be "dieting" before starting L/C in december, it just happened to be that i only ate around 1200 or less calories a day in a single meal because that was all i normally ate. My weight never changed, it has been the same. If i do the same "routine" (eating only 1 meal a day, i was only hungry hungry the first 3 days of L/C) L/Cing will my body adjust and even though there aren't carbs in it will i once again not lose weight? That's my biggest worry, and curiosity. In the PAST when i did go a on a low calorie diet, yes it worked, but that was when i was in my early 20's and as soon as life/friends/going out/drinking became a regular thing i would fall of the low calorie diet, and thus gain the weight back. B12-B6 shots worked the exact same way, i lost the weight i maintained (so long as i took the shots) when i couldn't afford them (also the place closed in my town so it was a 30 minute drive every single week) i gained the weight back. But these past few years, food hasn't been a big part of my life i guess i've "settled down". The weight however stayed and hasn't budged even though i don't consume much. Everyone tells me it's because i starve myself all day and my body stores it all for later use. Well if that's true, if i eat only when i'm hungry on Atkins, won't my body stay the same? Will i still lose? These are the questions running through my mind. Are there just some people who have to "move/exercise" to lose weight and maintain? anyways... thanks for the post but giving up isn't an option, i'm not a quitter (i may complain.... ) i will give it a solid try before saying "it didn't work for me." I will devote a minimum of 3-4 months to the plan. (around when most people claim they stall) if i haven't lost a significant amount of weight (as in at least an addition amount to what i lost in induction, since most of induction weight loss IS water weight) that to me will say whether it's working or not.

OK, that's good information. Let's break it down. If you're eating the same way LowCarb as you did LowCal, then yes, perhaps eating once a day is not right for you. I know there are some for whom IF greatly improves their success. It doesn't work for me, so it's not universal. Why don't you try eating 3x/day and aiming for a minimum of 400 calories per meal and see what happens?

We don't have a clue, really, what you're actually eating. Could you break down by protein, carbs and fat (grams of each) what you are eating on a typical day? It may be that you are eating low carb, but if you are eating enough carbs at one sitting to trigger high glucose and a resulting high insulin response, it could be preventing fat burning for large portions of the day. It may help to break those carbs up and distribute them throughout the day. Of course, you will always be eating your carbs with fat or protein to blunt the insulin response.

I spent a fair amount of time at the Atkins forum last year and it seemed that most of the women lost best eating 1500-1800 calories per day. There are exceptions, some need more, some need less. If 1200 calories is not working, then try increasing your calories. (To put things in perspective, I'm almost 60, 5'3", 150, moderately active and lose best when I eat between 1450 and 1750 calories). I think your friends may be right that your body is not getting the nutrients it needs and is holding on to everything. In fact, I would recommend you not even pay much attention to calories. Shoot for 105 grams of protein per day (35 grams minimum at each of 3 meals), and 5-10 grams of carbs. Eat fat as required to fill you up. See where that gets you. You may be uncomfortably full the first few days. In time your body will get used to it. Don't worry about calories, don't worry about ratios.

Are you exercising now? Were you exercising before low carb? What sort of exercise? I don't personally think exercise is necessary for weight loss, but the improved feeling of well being may help you stick to your eating plan. You just move more efficiently when you shed a little fat and build a little muscle. Though building muscle may result in a slightly higher scale weight, due to fluid retention (part of the muscle building process), you may be smaller, even though your heavier (denser). I would much rather people be surprised by how much I weigh when looking at me than the opposite.

I'm glad to hear you have no intention of quitting. It takes some people a little more time to get in the routine of low carb, you may be one of them. If you are still having cravings, eat something high fat. Craving, after the first couple of days of sugar withdrawal, are a sign that your body is hungry. Eat, just eat on plan.

Which actual plan are you following? If Atkins, which book?
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 09:41
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Oh so much to say to the OP but so little time this morning.

I definitely will be back to this.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 09:45

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Just chiming in here on the one meal a day thing- I only eat one meal a day, most days. I've lost quite a lot of weight on Atkins and have settled into one meal a day because I'm only hungry once a day. Works just fine for me.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 12:59

BF:

I agree one meal a day can easily be someone's way to eat.

for me, I can be one meal, 2 meals, 3 meals, 3 meals plus snacks, some days no snacks, some days I eat breakfast and graze at dinner.

I eat so weird, no telling what my food schedule will be for the day and I am losing just fine also.

but everyone is individual so you must find the way that works with your body.

Most times I find it very beneficial to eat a BAB. It does control my day easier for me. When I don't I tend to really look around for food more.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 13:10
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I think a lot of our boredom with LC foods is this:

When you eat carbs your appetite is tweaked. You think about food a lot. You salivate thinking of your next meal. You may not realize it, but you spend quite a lot of time thinking about food. That's insulin talking.

When you eat LC your insulin levels drop and you just don't have quite the same interest in food. Your motivation to seek out food is low. You don't think about it that much.

I think a lot of people interpret this as boredom, especially if they unmotivated to explore options for making new and tasty recipes. Some people welcome that lack of constant drive to think about food.

I also think if you consume too much protein, your body rebels and it stops being attractive. This happens to me when I try to eat nothing but meat.

It is said that "hunger is the best sauce". I can vouch for this! It was how I learned to like liver... I was VERY hungry. Anyway, eating one meal a day will make that one meal taste very, very good.

Check out the thread in my signature about boredom.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 15:40

BF:

great points Nancy
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 17:32

So, today was day 14 of Induction (so woo hoo i made it) the day isn't over but dinner is pretty much planned already and though i haven't yet posted it in the journal, it is under teh 20nc/day this is the food journal info i kept during induction. BTW i have lost 12lbs during induction (most i'm sure was water weight) and i'm happy about it just not "over joyed" it's a start at least. TRYING to follow Atkins new Revolution (not finished with the book yet).

Week 1 Induction-ATKINS (nc= carbs-fiber, >1 nc counted as 1 carb, *=time in between eating)

Day 1 Dec 29 2012
Quiche:
1 cup spinach >1nc
8 eggs 4nc
½ cup cheddar cheese 4nc
6 slices bacon crumbled 0nc
½ cup ham chunks 0nc
4 tbsp cream cheese 2nc
3 tbsp butter/marg 0nc
Salt/Pepper 0nc
Makes 4 serv. Ate 1 = 2.75nc
4 cheddar cheese cubes >1nc
2 boiled eggs 1nc
1 Ham steak + no carb spices 0nc
1 ½ cup collard greens 5.25nc
2 eggs deviled w/ mayo >1nc
2 cheddar cheese cubes 1nc
½ cup collard greens 1.75nc

2 liters of water min

Daily Total NC: 13.75
Note: so far so good. Pretty cheery mood.

Day 2 Dec 30 2012
Left over Quiche 2.75nc
2 cups coffee w/ 0 carb sweetener 0nc
4 tbsp heavy cream 2nc
6 cheddar cheese cubes 1nc
4 eggs deviled w/ mayo 1nc
6 strips bacon 0nc
2 fried eggs >1nc
Butter 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
2 cups Leftover Collards 7nc
2 baked pork chops w/ no carb spices 0nc
2 cheddar cheese cubes >1nc

2 liters of water min

Daily Total NC: 15.75
Note: Cheese is my savior from sugar attack. Very whinny today.

Day 3 Dec 31 2012
Left over Quiche 2.75nc
4 tbsp heavy cream 2nc
2 boiled eggs >1nc
2 cups pork rinds 1nc
4 fried eggs 1nc
4 strips bacon 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Frappachino:
4 tbsp heavy cream 2nc
1 cup coffee w/ 0 carb sweetner 0nc
Ice/ all blended together 0nc
4 cheddar cheese cubes > 1nc
Pastaless Alfredo:
½ cup Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce 4nc
1 tbsp parmesan cheese 0nc
2 cups broccoli crowns 4nc
1 tbsp butter 0nc
2 chicken breasts in chunks 0nc
1 tsp minced garlic 1nc
Salt/pepper 0nc

2+ liters of water min

Daily Total NC: 20.75
Note: today I was starving ate and ate and ate. Mental state is HUNGRY.

Day 4 Jan 1 2012 -grocery store trip

Left over Quiche 2.75nc
4 tsp heavy cream 2nc
2 pickle spears 1nc
2 cups pork rinds 1nc
2 cups lettuce 2nc
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese 1nc
4 strips bacon crumble 0nc
4 tbsp bacon ranch 2nc
2 pickle spears 1nc
1 glass (16oz) unsweet tea w/ 0 carb sweetener 0nc
2 baked pork chops w/ 0 carb spices 0nc
1 ½ cup Brussel sprouts 6.75nc

2+ liters of water min

Daily Total NC: 20.5
Note: suffering from major headaches, ears won’t pop, feel sick/lethargic.

Day 5 Jan 2 2013
4 eggs fried >2nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
4 strips bacon 0nc
(napped for 3 hours)
2 pickle spears 1nc
½ cup unsweetened almond milk 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
Ruby Tuesday’s:
12oz steak w/ butter
(I assume tenderizer/seasoning
Could have around 4 carbs?) 4nc
4 cups lettuce 2nc
¼ cup cheddar cheese 1nc
½ cup bacon pieces 0nc
¼ cup sliced cucumber w/ peel >1nc
6 cherry tomatoes 3nc
4 tbsp buttermilk ranch 4nc

2+ liters water min
4 headache pills

Daily Total NC: 20
Note: Woke up with stiff neck extreme headache, napped, still hurt hubby took me out to make me feel better. Feeling lethargic today.

Day 6 Jan 3 2012
2 eggs fried >1nc
Butter/Marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
2 strips bacon 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
(napped for 2 hours)
(lazed for 4 hours)
14 smoked almonds 1nc
2 cheddar cheese cubes >1nc
1 glass (16 oz) unsweet tea w/ 0 carb sweetener 0nc
2 grilled chicken breasts (skin on) 0nc
Butter/Marg 0nc
Mince garlic 1nc
1 ½ cup broccoli crowns 3nc
Extra Butter/Marg 0nc
3+ liters of water min
4 headache pills
1 Flexural (muscle relaxer)

Daily Total NC: 9
Note: Found it hard to force myself to eat, or move, head hurts neck hurts, ears feel like they will explode/hot, maybe sick? Internet research tmrw. Apathetic today.

Day 7 Jan 4 2012

2 Boiled eggs >1nc
3 strips bacon 0nc
28 Almonds 2nc
2 cups lettuce 2nc
4 tbsp bacon ranch 2nc
2 pickle spears 1nc
Microwave Egg Drop Soup:
1 cup bullion (chicken flavor) broth 1nc
1 egg white dropped in broth >1nc
2 pork chops w/ 0 carb spices 0nc
Side salad:
1 cup lettuce 1nc
Sprinkle cheddar cheese >1nc
1 pickle spear >1nc
2 tbsp bacon ranch 1nc

3+ Liters water min
2 headache pills

Daily Total NC: 17
Note: Found Forum today for L/C, found out I have “Atkins Flu” broth helped a lot, appetite still down a bit though. Whinny today.

Day 8 Jan 5 2012
2 fried eggs >1nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
1 boiled egg >1nc
Local Wing Joint-Garlic Parmesan Wings:
14 chicken wings 0nc
2 tsp Mince Garlic 2nc
Butter/marg 0nc
½ cup Parmesan Cheese 2nc
(my parmesan cheese at home says 0nc but I added 2nc just in case)
2 glass (16oz) unsweet tea w/ 0 carb sweetener 0nc

2 liters water min

Daily Total NC: 7
Note: I feel much better than previous days with the added sodium, my appetite just seems down in general, takes less food to sate my hunger. So glad the headaches are easing, neck cramp pretty much gone. Getting a bit of acne on my face and back? Lethargic but relieved today.

Day 9 Jan 6 2012 -period
3 fried eggs >2nc
1 large ham steak 0nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
4 pickle spears 2nc
4 strips bacon 0nc
2 cups lettuce 2nc
4 tbsp bacon ranch 2nc
4 pickle spears 2nc
Left over pork chop 0nc
2 pickle spears 1nc

2 liters water min

Daily Total NC: 16
Note: Started my period a week early, craved sweets really bad so I ate lots of pickles to sate the desire. Face has exploded with acne and back is getting pretty bad. Depressed today.

Day 10 Jan 7 2013 -National Championship (Alabama/Notre Dame)
2 fried eggs >1nc
4 strips bacon 0nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
Local Wing Joint-Garlic Parmesan Wings:
10 chicken wings 0nc
1 ½ tsp Mince Garlic >2nc
Butter/marg 0nc
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese 1nc
(my parmesan cheese at home says 0nc but I added 1nc just in case)

2+ liters water min
2 menstrual pills

Daily Total NC: 6
Note: Stayed busy, wasn’t really very hungry despite my period cramps, hung out with friends/watched game (Roll Tide!) did get minor headache before bed, but the menstrual pills helped that + period. Little annoyed with everything today but not outwardly negative.

Day 11 Jan 8 2013
4 cups lettuce 4nc
3 chicken breasts in chunks 0nc
6 strips bacon crumble 0nc
6 tbsp bacon ranch 3nc
4 pickle spears 2nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
1 glass (16oz) hot tea w/ 0 carb sweetener 0nc
2 tsp almond milk 0nc
2 pickle spears 1nc
8 Left over Garlic Parmesan Wings 3nc
(just did same value as 10 wings)
side salad 4nc

2+ liters water min
2 menstrual pills

Daily Total NC: 19
Note: not very hungry but desire fresh food, like salad, headaches have seemed to ease dramatically, ears no longer feel like they’ll explode, but woke up with cramp in my right leg/hip (maybe diet, maybe the way I slept?) Period very heavy flow/cramps. Insomnia. Feeling apathetic/depressed.

Day 12 Jan 9 2013
14 smoked almonds 1nc
2 pickle spears 1nc
6 cups lettuce 6nc
3 chicken breasts in chunks 0nc
6 strips bacon crumble 0nc
6 tbsp bacon ranch 3nc
4 pickle spears 2nc
1 glass (16oz) unsweet tea with 0/ carb sweetener 0nc

2+liters water min
2 pain killers (advil)

Daily Total NC: 14
Note: not very hungry. legs have constant tingling/cramping feeling down the thighs and now into my calves, assuming this is some kind of deficiency? Read I might need magnesium got hubby to pick some up. Haven’t used the bathroom #2 in 2 days. Feeling apathetic in general. Old acne on face started to clear up yesterday but new acne on my face today more than usual even for TOM. Insomnia. Feel ugly and fat today.

Day 13 Jan 10 2013
3 egg omelet >2nc
½ cup spinach >1nc
¼ cup cheddar cheese 1nc
2 tsp cream cheese >1nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
4 slices bacon 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc
10 chicken wings 0nc
1 tsp garlic 1nc
¼ cup parmesan cheese 0nc
Butter/marg 0nc
14 smoked almonds 1nc

2+ liters water
2 pain killers (advil)
125mg dose magnesium (started with ½ pill of 250mg dose)

Daily Total NC: 7
Notes: Not hungry. Legs still tingling/cramping (sure magnesium takes a couple days to kick in). Use bathroom #2 around 4 times today, started normal ended up with watery diarrhea (this was before the magnesium pill). Stomach a little upset between eating, right after I eat stomach cramps, noises. Face has exploded with acne again, and my back acne is the same which is bad. Insomnia. Mood slightly better.

Day 14 Jan 11 2013
2 egg omelet >1nc
¼ cup spinach >1nc
¼ cup cheddar cheese 1nc
2 tsp cream cheese >1nc
Butter/marg 0nc
Salt/pepper 0nc
3 slices bacon 0nc

(day not finished)

Yes i did include nuts in my induction, and i know they aren't supposed to be allowed but they really filled me up and were a break from the routine. They were low in carb and contained good fats. (i hope i'm not just justifying it to myself) most people in this forum and others said the nuts would be fine. I know some people can't control the quantities with nuts but i put a 1/2 serving in each little sandwich baggie so it was easier to control the portion. Let me know if this is acceptable and if maybe now that i'm out of the 2 week induction i should change some things. (please note steak, lobster, duck... yeah that's not affordable, in addition no onions peppers or mushrooms *yuck* lol ) I plan to stay on the "induction" rules for at least another couple weeks MAYBE adding different foods but still keeping under 20nc to try and keep the weightloss boosted. I'm still getting tingling in my legs btw but i've only been taking the magnesium for 2 days (i increased to 250mg today). Imput welcome. Today the mood is more lifted, but that could be the scale talkin' lol.