Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-13, 19:28

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Good workout...

Did my t-tapp workout today...it's so important for me to continue getting the t-tapp workouts in...that is what took off so many inches of fat when I first started it two years ago, it was amazing. It elongates and tones the muscles and my upper arms look good because of it tho I've noticed this last six months they're looking a little flabby again...so gotta keep it up. I assessed my body in the mirror today, not my fave thing to do but a necessary thing to see where some extra fatty spots might be, like the muffin top I started to get after gaining this wt. over the holidays. I measured hips, waist, bust, etc. to not only compare to my last measurements a year ago but to have a base line for now since I'm being pretty consistent now with my workouts. Got on the treadmill today too and had a nice walk to the mailbox. Tomorrow I want to do some bike ped daling for at least as long as I can stand it....I don't want to do the same thing every day. My mantra of 'It's only 30 minutes' is really helping me when I start to procrastinate about exercising....

Last edited by LadySage : Sun, Jan-13-13 at 15:49.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 16:03

Default Did some pedaling...

Went ahead and got my work out done early...T-tapp 15 min., Walk/jog on the treadmill 15 min., got on the bike and did some pedaling, could only last 10 min., hamstrings really started screaming..don't know why that is but maybe better tomorrow, even if I only do 10 min. I'll be fine with that. Also took the opportunity to put the sunshine box on me while I was working out...even tho the sun is out today it's too cold to even go outside for more than a few minutes! I'm going to try to workout every day like this and see how it goes, if I start to get sore I'll go back to every other day...
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-13, 13:44

Default Finally back out there...

Here I am again letting a big gap go with my exercise consistency...but only allowing myself about a 2 second beat up about it...the 30 min. walk/jog I just got back from has me feeling too endorphic...wind was blowing a bit and felt so cold at first I was wishing I had worn my gloves...then it stopped and I felt warm but with a thin long sleeved top on under my sweatshirt it turned out to be just right. I managed to even work up a good sweat. I put my Jeff Galloway walk/jog program back at Day 1 and got in 2 miles at 30 minutes. There's a walk challenge on the other low carb site I hang out on so I'm going to join...they just total up their mileage for each month and it doesn't look high pressure...but I need more motivation. It's a beautiful sunny day out and the fresh air was so nice. Just that 30 minutes gives me a fresh mental and emotional outlook and makes so much difference!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-13, 18:57

Default Treadmill....

Got my 30 min. in on the treadmill today, did a 1 min. jog/2 min. fast walk pace, worked up a good sweat. Had a good movie on while I was doing it so that helped the time to go by. Tomorrow will be a combo TM and T-tapp, supposed to be snowing so won't go outside. Goal is to get 40 miles in every month...
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-13, 15:00

I hate the treadmill...but I dragged myself on today and got another 30 min. walk/jog in...worked up a good sweat...Note to self: Before I get on the TM open some windows for a cross breeze...I always sweat so much and it becomes a little miserable and hot. Anyway, I feel very good that as sore as I am today I got on the mill...Am watching the Arias murder trial and it's just so fascinating to listen to her...what a sociopath...it made the time go by tho and as good as a movie! I set my pace today at a 2 min. speed walk and 1 min. jog...it was just right!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-13, 15:59

Got 30 min. in on the treadmill today at a 2 min. fast walk/1 min. jog pace...carried 2 lb. hand weights cuz haven't been getting any upper body workout lately and it really made a difference! Would have rather been outside but the wind came up and can't stand to be out in it...This was a good workout!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-13, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, BFFM, BFL
Stats: 130/113/112 Female 64
BF:20%/17%/15%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySage
Got 30 min. in on the treadmill today at a 2 min. fast walk/1 min. jog pace...carried 2 lb. hand weights cuz haven't been getting any upper body workout lately and it really made a difference! Would have rather been outside but the wind came up and can't stand to be out in it...This was a good workout!

Way to go Meg
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-13, 08:57

Default Thanks!

Thanks starrunner! If I can just stay consistent! I'm looking forward to getting outside more now that the weather is getting a little better!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-13, 15:33

Default Got back out there....

Finally got back out in my field and did a good 31 minute walk/jog...almost 2 miles. I again waited too long to get started again but can't look back. Got thru a slight cold since the last run and feel really good now...omg it is 72 degrees here...I wore a tank top luckily and was comfy, no breeze and it is oh so nice! Wished I had a little more fuel on board tho, I meant to eat an orange before I left and forgot...so I had an orange when I got back and I already feel better. Glugging down the water now....So glad I did it...
  #40   ^
Old Sat, May-25-13, 14:10

Default Out again finally...

Wow, ashamed to say my last walk/run out in the field across from our house was March 12. Just got off track with starting work again, even tho I'm only working part time...we have about 75 degrees out today and it's getting increasingly breezy outside so I just put on my running clothes and did it finally. Did the Galloway 10k training program that I like so much, DAY 1. I had the walk/run ratio set too low tho so I just made up my own doing an average of 30 second walk/30 second run....Ended up doing 32 minutes and 2 miles. The alfalfa was just cut and baled in the field and it smelled so good, lots of it still needs to be baled and is drying...breeze was just right and I ended up listening to Katy Perry all the way with Galloway urging me on...he's like a little coach sitting on my shoulder. I definitely have lost some fat because my neoprene women's running holster that sits comfy on my hips (so I can carry my 38 pistol since I'm out in the middle of nowhere and by myself) was just a bit looser but still fits well, it's so comfy I don't even know it's there...velcro pepper spray on my left hand, running watch and Runner's ID band on my other wrist, hat and sunglasses and I was set. As usual I'm wondering why I haven't been out sooner than two months but our weather has really sucked and the wind has been ferocious this Spring and I just hate the treadmill....so there you go. I also intend to get consistent again with my T-tapp and work on my arms and upper body..getting a little loose. Today's workout is documented on the calendar now and I'm hoping I can stay motivated enough to continue thru this next week and do at least another two runs.....
Just looked back at my Gym log and I'm averaging 1 run a month...ha...just not acceptable!!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-13, 16:26

Default Finally...

Hope I don't have such a huge gap inbetween runs again...Get me out of my OCD routine and I just crumble..after the house disaster last June I got completely out of any workout routine...SO today had intentions of getting out across the road when I got home from town but it got cold and windy so hopped on the treadmill and did 32 minutes, set my Galloway app at 1 min. walk/1 min. jog, worked up a good sweat...obviously out of shape and wanted to quit half way thru...but I did it. Plan is to get back on the mill Tues. morning early before work....
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-14, 19:13

It's been a long time since I've logged any exercise here but only a few months since I last exercised. Pain issues have been bad this winter. Finally got back on track (I hope) today. Got on the treadmill for a brisk 30 min. walk...didn't do more than walk but worked up a good sweat...I thought I was going to die. I am so so out of shape. That's what happens.....Got all set to do a T-Tapp basic workout and couldn't get the DVD to work...it worked this morning so I'm thinking it just needs to be cleaned. But I'm glad I did the 30 min. walk cuz it felt good to sweat and I wouldn't have with the other. One day at a time...again tomorrow. It would be nice to get outside.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 11:32

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Meg - just in case you ever see your gym log - I can't find your journal anywhere... not that you've been there... I'll email you.
Kat
  #44   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 15:38

Default Wow...

Wow.....really interesting going back and reading my old gym log. Six years ago....

It wasn't too long after my two level neck fusion...one thing I did was get out and walk and eventually walk/jog at that time which wasn't easy.

So now I do still get out and do a Jeff Galloway walk/run about once a week.....at the beginning of my weight loss journey last November I started exercising again and did a walk/jog at least every other day. Then about four months ago I discovered Yoga which has become my daily 30 minute 'ritual'.....in addition to going to an hour class twice a week. It's a time of holding intense yoga poses, relaxation, stretching, and de-stressing and I've become addicted to it. I love it. I'm currently reading a book on 'Restorative yoga' dealing with using more props like bolsters (I already use my blocks and blanket when I need them) to get into poses and hold them for longer periods of time....and perfect for people like me who have had both neck and back fusions and have arthritis and such. I'll still continue to do what I'm doing tho cuz I don't have any issues so far with doing the 'gentle yoga' I do, but just add some of the extended restorative yoga poses. Yoga has done wonders for my body and I don't have any more low back muscle pain at all. Ever.

Last edited by LadySage : Sun, May-27-18 at 21:17.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, May-28-18, 21:00

Default Good day...

Got my yoga workout done today.....opted to do my 30 minutes with a relaxation/stretching segment. It's one of my favorites. Tomorrow I'll do the balance segment which is more challenging. Also want to get some cardio in this week so if the weather cooperates I'll get out for a walk/jog...if not I'll at least do the twist board.

Reading more on 'restorative yoga' and as soon as I can I'll get a yoga bolster and two yoga eye pads...I'll get lavender. Sounds heavenly how they're used not only on the eyes but other parts of the body to balance and reduce stress. I'll add the restorative yoga to my present practice as a cherry on top.

My goals are to work on my breathing and balance and also relaxing my body other than the area that is being worked with in a particular pose. Lots to learn...