Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:37

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Hi Liz, you're evening sounds great! Yup, got my bases covered.

Blue, I forgot to mention how great the guac looked! Yum! I LOVE the stuff!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:38

Plan: Low carbing
Stats: 345/345/150 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kats612, lol I'm jumping on in. Bear with me I'm writing from my phone so it's hard to type. I appreciate the welcome, I really need help and it seems like you girls have great information

Blueyes2, I know what you mean with the low Carbing believe it or not I did lose 45 lbs last year but something's happened in around me that caused me to gain and then some, I have pcos so this is the only diet/way of eating I can do and lose weight
  #63   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:39

Plan: Low carbing
Stats: 345/345/150 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 0%

How many carbs do you girls eat a day? Do you have an amount you don't go over? Also when do you weigh yourselves?
  #64   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:39
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaloss
.....but if I should be doing something in the future and it happens again -- stop doing whatever caused it to occur...

<giving you the look I give TAJ>

Hmmmph.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:41

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Aw Fluffy...we're here to help get you back on that bandwagon, Girl! You can do it and this group in particular has helped to get me so accountable. There is lots of great info in this forum. If it's something specific you have a question about just ask away. Someone here will know how to answer it or will help you find out.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:41
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

Good morning!!

GL way to go!! 70 pounds is awesome!! Obviously you are doing what your body needs right now to lose. As long as you can tweak it later if need be, I think you're good. As for the under the sternum pain, it could be something as simple as a pulled or spasm in the muscle over the diaphram. But if it continues or becomes more intense, go get it checked out.

Kathy, I hope your leg cramps are gone for good. I've rarely had them but hubby was plagued with them when he was teaching safety courses. Of course, he wouldn't take my advice but they have abated now so that's good.

Way too cloudy to see the moon last night so it was nice to see the pictures from TWN. Thanks Serea.

The sun is out this morning, but more rain and high winds are forecast for this afternoon into tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday!!
  #67   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:45
It's Only Food!

BF:

Liz, it's hard to say goodbye. I'm glad it was a good day and evening for you.

Fluffyy, you can call me Blue. As for carbs and stats here are my averages:

April:
Food: 1577kcal (Fat: 116.23g, Protein: 112.40g, Carbs: 24.03g)

May:
Food: 1703kcal (Fat: 116.81g, Protein: 141.54g, Carbs: 20.43g)

I increased protein to see if it would trigger a change. I think it boosted the calories too high for me.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 07:49
Keto Lab Rat

Welcome Fluffy!!

As for your questions about carbs, I think we're all a little different. Personally, I'm below 30 grams of total carbs per day. Fat and protein around 90 grams with fat a little higher than protein, and calories fluxuate between 1000 and 1800. But I'm not tracking right now, so those numbers are a guestimate.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:27

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The Insulin Resistence Diet is used for PCOS so that is likely Fluffy's diet, but we need more details. What is different about IR from 1972 Atkins or Dr. Westman's diet which some of us follow?

Added: Just looked up IR, appears to allow more carbs than most of us typically eat.
I TRY to limit my total carbs to 20g per day.

The IR Diet. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=65853

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, May-06-12 at 08:42.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:33

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Liz - I started this diet what seems like 4score and 7yrs ago, but was actually only 3months and 3days ago... It's my first real attempt at dieting, since retiring 10yrs ago... (Before then, regulations and no notice wt checks kept me from going too far astray)... Gained 125#s in my 10yrs of retirement on my see-food-eat-food diet... My goal to get back to my retired ID wt...
Lost the majority of weight the first month and continue to plod along. This was a pretty good wk, probably means next wk will be back to frustrating again... Maybe, I'm getting the hang of this and my body won't rebel again????

I'm pretty sure my minor discomfort (no real pain involved) is digestive. It only seems to happen in the evenings and hasn't affected my sleep. It goes away after drinking some water temporarily... Sooo, since drinking lots of water is good for you -- it isn't really a problem... Right?!
  #71   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:39

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
<giving you the look I give TAJ>

Hmmmph.
It's a good thing I keep my shields-up to fend-off any intense laser beams ---
  #72   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:43
Keto Lab Rat

Quote:
It's a good thing I keep my shields-up to fend-off any intense laser beams ---

Ahhh.....a man who no doubt has seen "the look" before. Mind you, in our house the cat can be on the receiving end of that one too......she ignores it.
  #73   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Zookeeper could be in this photo of last night's cruise dinner, but who would know? Funny Naughton photo of Dr. Eenfeldt
http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-cruise-begins
  #74   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:54

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Liz - I started this diet what seems like 4score and 7yrs ago, but was actually only 3months and 3days ago... It's my first real attempt at dieting, since retiring 10yrs ago... (Before then, regulations and no notice wt checks kept me from going too far astray)... Gained 125#s in my 10yrs of retirement on my see-food-eat-food diet... My goal to get back to my retired ID wt...
Lost the majority of weight the first month and continue to plod along. This was a pretty good wk, probably means next wk will be back to frustrating again... Maybe, I'm getting the hang of this and my body won't rebel again????

I'm pretty sure my minor discomfort (no real pain involved) is digestive. It only seems to happen in the evenings and hasn't affected my sleep. It goes away after drinking some water temporarily... Sooo, since drinking lots of water is good for you -- it isn't really a problem... Right?!

Gotta loss, you are doing so well, weight-wise, but your perspective on things might still be a little skewed. You are averaging something like 3/4 of a pound a day over the 3 months + 3 days. Of course, that is an average, some days will be higher, others lower. Just look at it over the long term, rather than day by day or week by week. And of course I know that you know that weight loss will slow as you progress.

As well as the "digestive" problems - hard to say. You say you were checked out 10 years ago, that's a long time! My dad had a series of "silent" heart attacks and while he chose to ignore them (an assumption on my part there, but he was a typically stubborn guy when it came to medical intervention), they still did harm to his heart. By the time he got a good diagnosis, about 10% of his heart function remained. I sincerely hope that your situation is strictly digestive and does not affect your heart, but as I'm sure you know, symptoms similar to heartburn can be an indication of heart problems. Typical CBC and lipids panels are unlikely to pick them up. Sorry... End of lecture, but not necessarily end of concern.

Hi fluffyy. Tell us a bit about yourself.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:54
It's Only Food!

BF:

I don't waste my looks on the cats. They do, however, understand "Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop it!"

TAJ is off real estating. We're supposed to go out later grocery shopping. Last night I was asked if I was doing anything special for my birthday. TAJ kept his calendar free that day so I took the day off. I turned to him and said, "Honey, let's go to Jared!" He said fine, that he'd drop me off because it's just across from Dick's sporting goods, the mecca of golf clubs. Hmmmmph. He got "the look" lovingly, of course.
Closed Thread