Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-12, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 363/319/250 Male 6' 5"
BF:>35%
Progress: 39%

It seems this thread has been revived in the last few days. It's time to fill y'all in a bit.

Weight loss has been moving along at a rate of a pound or two per week. I'm now down to 319 (today) from a starting weight of 363. That's 44 pounds towards a goal of 250. Sixty-nine pounds to go.

FBG this morning was 115. The last month, or so, it's been hovering around there instead of the high-eighties, low-nineties it was a few months ago. Diet has changed somewhat in that I've been eating too much of a good thing - too much meat and too large a portion of salad. I often don't even eat salads anymore and eat one about every other day. Carbs are being watched very closely, but portion size is pretty much out of control and meal timing is sketchy, at best.

My stress load is about to the point of being catastophic. I know that is a contributing factor in how I'm treating myself. With any luck, I'll be able to shake some of it loose in the next few weeks and get to a bit of "normalcy" (like normal is an actual goal).

Exercise has been pretty much non-existent. Now that it's cooled down a bit, I hope to get the bicycle on the road. Just a few more maintenance issues to resolve - grease rear wheel bearings, crank bearings, new rear brakes, and a new seat. The current seat gives me some discomfort (OK, it feels something like a torture device designed by Torquemada to elicit a confession of heresy out of me).

Since my weight loss, I have been able to get rid of all blood pressure medication. Buh-bye and good riddance. More importantly, the glyburide has been cut in half from 5mg/day to 2.5 mg/day (1.25 twice a day). I figure I may be able to get rid of that somewhere around the loss of another 30 to 40 pounds. We'll see.

I haven't been on this site for about five months and I think that hasbeen a contributing factor in my troubles with a stall in losing weight and the BG numbers being a bit high. I plan to be checking in here more frequently, if for no other reason than to remind myself I have a job to do and I need to pay better attention.

In the eloquent words of the old Bartles and James commercials, "Thank-you again for your support."
Sponsored Links