Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 15:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/224/180 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%
Unhappy it was really horrible!

I had a really bad bad day today I got stuck in in one of the machines in weightlifting class for 7 min the instructor ( who was smirking and then laughing!!) and my classmates formed a circle and watched me as I struggled. I aksed for help and was given none. when I finally got out I promptly threw up and fled battling a panic attack I dropped that class and reported the insructor. my PTSD is kicking in full force ( sorry for the typos im upset) what is wrong with people? im still shaking and fighting the urge to curl up in a corner and cry for hours.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 15:40

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I don't know why some people are so horrible. Maybe they've never suffered themselves or they have brain damage or they're just plain stupid.

Remember that many people are kind and loving. You just have to seek them out and stay close to them.

I'm sorry you were mistreated.

It's okay to cry.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 16:12

BF:

thank you for your kind words *hugs*
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 16:38

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 220/214/145 Female 67
BF:yes, I admit it
Progress: 8%

Please please please don't let these people derail you! The best revenge is to continue to do well with your program.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 17:06

Stats: 249.2/242.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Aww

I don't know why people are like that. I'm glad you reported the instructor and if I were you I'd insist on another class with a different instructor. What a horrible person they have to be to do something like that. I wish I were there to give you a real hug.

Delaney
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 18:12

BF:

thanks all and I did not cheat on my eating plan ! yay
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 18:39

Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

Well done for staying strong.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 21:50

BF:

thanks I just hope i will beable to drive myself to school tomarrow >.< panic attack in car = bad things lol
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 22:08
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

This is absolutely one of the worst things I have ever heard. I makes my blood boil to hear that not only 1 person, but a whole group plus a "professional" instructor behaved as such. I wished I had of been there and witnessed it. I'd line them up and kick all their asses for you and then go to the management and demand that the "instructor" be fired. Herd mentality. Karma is a bitch. When you go back (because you are stronger and better of heart than they are) think of me sitting on your shoulder backing you up. I'm pissed for you.
Lisa
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 22:21

Stats: 180/169.6/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I second Lisa's opinion. Getting trapped in one of those machines would give me a panic attack for sure! And what is WRONG with those people!!!

I can't BELIEVE you didn't blow your diet afterwards. If you can make it through that without cheating, there's not much else that should derail you.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-12, 08:51

BF:

thank you ^^ i am feeling better today and I am heading off to school if i run into anyone that saw me and they laugh about it ill give them hell.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-12, 09:20

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

You're going to be OK Sephine! I'm so proud of you, you posted here to your friends how this made you feel, you DIDN'T cheat on your eating plan, and you did absolutely the right thing in reporting that HORRIBLE instructor. What a jerk! I just want to give you a piece of advice regarding panic attacks in a car...it's all OK...just signal to the right, pull over as soon as it's safe, and just SIT THERE as long as you need to. Put your four way hazards on. If someone knocks on your window to ask if you're OK, just thank them politely and say you have called for help (even if you haven't!) The feelings of panic will pass. Turn up the heat, play the radio, whatever. Big hugs to you sweetheart, don't let these jerks wreck your plans to be fit and strong!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-12, 09:24

Plan: Atkins/Primal
Stats: 189/161/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephine
thank you ^^ i am feeling better today and I am heading off to school if i run into anyone that saw me and they laugh about it ill give them hell.

You go girl!!

You're better than all of them!!

Just remember, "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent".

Stay strong, stay beautiful and walk tall, be proud of who you are 'cause you're certainly better than all of those idiots!

Have a great day!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-12, 09:27
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

That is a horrible story and I am so sorry that it happened to you. Shame on them.

Try to remember, no one else can decide what kind of day you are going to have, you get to decide. So have a great day, and ignore anyone who wants to make you have a bad day.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-12, 09:34

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

I don't even know how to respond to that incident except that I'm sorry that you had to endure that ignorant and hateful behavior.

Good for you for reporting it to the gym. The instructor should be fired, pronto. There is just no excuse for that sort of behavior. I can't imagine it happening where I work out (at a Y) - heads would roll so quickly.

Most of all, please don't let it derail you in your efforts. You are indeed better than them.