Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-12, 19:14

Plan: real food/no junk
Stats: 188/145/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

VLC used to work great for me, then I started gaining on it -- supposedly impossible -- yeah, right. I migrated to LC then semi-LC and kept gaining. Now I'm doing something similar to what starchile mentioned.

When I added back rice, potatoes, and fruit I found I lost my taste for fatty foods and added fat/oil. So by default my fat consumption dropped a lot.

To answer your questions:

Is it working for you, and Have you lost weight?

Yes, it's working healthwise and weightwise. I stopped the runaway gain and the bingeing I was prone to. I lost the 1st 30 pounds on VLC, but when it stopped working, I gained back 20 of that, still on VLC! When I finally gave up and switched, I lost that 20 along with another 20 within about 4 months.

I'm at the mercy of an ill-functioning thyroid, so I have weight ups and down, but usually within 10-12 pounds, so it's bearable.

Have you gained weight, enough to see as a problem not just re-nutrient-ing?
When I tried Peat, I gained quickly, when I just added back "real-food starches" I quickly lost the Peat gain.

Do you feel ok?
Aside from the thyroid issues, I do feel a lot better eating this way.

What do you think about the above foods in the diet (which de facto will make a plan semi-low carb unless they are miniscule)?
It's subjective, but I feel like I'm getting more rounded variety of nutrients, my tummy is happy, it feels like my insides are lighter/cleaner, if that makes any sense, and I'm not constipated all the time :-)

Last edited by sanlee : Sun, Jan-01-12 at 19:20.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-12, 22:33

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I just added potatoes, any kind except french fries. I hav'nt gained any weight and it's helped with leg cramps but boy do they give me gas.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 16:10

Plan: Ray Peat
Stats: 126/129/128 Female 5'7.25"
BF:
Progress: 150%

I haven't yet added Peat's potatoes. I eat a tiny amount of white rice.
Since I've begun to understand what Peat's actually is I've done much better. I'm using his plan to enhance thyroid function. I'm sleeping better. My mood is improved. Very enthusiastic.

Danny Roddy has something new on his site that has Peat's advice listed under topics such as Weight loss, Progesterone, Thyroid.. It's easier to understand.