Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 21:41

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Dagrant
I am currently only walking about 30 minutes for exercise. Later on he says its ok to do HIIT and weightlifting.
I am doing the walking as a reason to get out in natural sunlight and colder temps, because I know it won't help me lose weight. It also helps a bit with the stress I am under
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 22:06

BF:

#93   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 03:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

I stopped working out for the first 8 weeks, but I am showing signs of leptin sensitivity now, so will be working out this week.
I have tried cold baths and ice packs...it's not as hard as I thought. I can now sit in the icebath for 45 minutes, when I started a fortnight ago,l I only lasted 10 minutes!
I have lost 11.5 kg in 9 weeks, so something is working!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 04:56

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi everyone,

Started doing this today. Last night I put a corn beef in the crock pot so woke to the smell. Fried up two eggs to put on top. Kind of tough to eat that much at 5am. I have checked out some of the links and need to do some more research but after a month of strict VLC and nothing lost I think I need a reset.

I think that the crux of this is the big breakfast. Is that correct?
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 07:28

BF:

wow Muffles, that is great!

I still am suffering in the cold baths. Last night I shivered so much I could hardly hold my book

tbagram, JMO, the big breakfast is a part, but I also think the light is important. Dr K is also big on the cold baths
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 08:40

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 308/282/165 Female 5'9"
BF:...whatever!
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram
........ need to do some more research but after a month of strict VLC and nothing lost I think I need a reset.

I think that the crux of this is the big breakfast. Is that correct?

I think it;s the combination of things, I have to say I was the same as you, I went over a month following Atkins and then VLC and didn't lose anything, I barely started this about a week ago and I'm down 5lbs!!!

5 glorious, lovely, GONE pounds!!!!!

I think the snacking is an issue and waiting between meals. and the high protein keeps me full so Im not hungry.
I get what he's saying that the body needs to clear out the last meal before the next one is brought on.

good luck guys, seriously, If I can do it, you can too!!!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 09:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249.2/242.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esam
I think it;s the combination of things, I have to say I was the same as you, I went over a month following Atkins and then VLC and didn't lose anything, I barely started this about a week ago and I'm down 5lbs!!!

I think the snacking is an issue and waiting between meals. and the high protein keeps me full so Im not hungry.
I get what he's saying that the body needs to clear out the last meal before the next one is brought on.

good luck guys, seriously, If I can do it, you can too!!!

Are you doing the cold therapy too? I turned the cold water on at the end of my shower this morning, and didn't use the heater in my car, though it was 50 degrees outside, so not sure how 'cold' that is.. I did not wear a coat or jacket today.

I must say even after a few days I am sleeping like a baby now and feel much better in the mornings.

Delaney
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 09:29

BF:

great job esam!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 09:39

thanks guys!!
Im not doing the cold therapy .... yet?!?!

I could do the cold at the end of my shower, thats not a biggie,
but the idea of a 40min cold soak in the tub........???!!!!!!

I'm not completely opposed to it, but I'm not drawing the bathwater yet!

I'm just sooooooo happy that the scale is finally moving in the right direction!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 10:14

Plan: Whole 30 / IF
Stats: 195/175/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Welcome tbagram, I think the big breakfast is good but IMHO it's the no snacking and the 11-12 hours between dinner and breakfast that really make the difference. Because our metabolisms are "broken" most people who have weight issue have the urge to eat way too often which further contributes to the problem. A downward negative spiral. I think the reset breaks the cycle.

Quote:
I have lost 11.5 kg in 9 weeks, so something is working!
Good job muffles!!!

Quote:
WOW way to go esam.

I'm finally below 180, 179.2. YAY!!! It's been years since I've been under 180. I can't wait to change my profile.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 11:43

BF:

TO ALL OF YOU!!! Hurrrrrray!!!! I am so excited. All of you are seeing the scales move so I feel like this will happen for me too. I really need to do more reading.... I can't even remember when I last sat in a bath tub. In fact I will problably have to go to Wal-Mart and get a plug! And,as far as no snacking, it should not be a problem, with that high protien breakfast.

So, the body needs 4-5 hours in between meals to digest. And the baths are to do what?
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 11:46

I turned the water cold for the last part of my shower,

oooooohh !!!
it sure woke me up!!!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 15:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram
TO ALL OF YOU!!! Hurrrrrray!!!! I am so excited. All of you are seeing the scales move so I feel like this will happen for me too. I really need to do more reading.... I can't even remember when I last sat in a bath tub. In fact I will problably have to go to Wal-Mart and get a plug! And,as far as no snacking, it should not be a problem, with that high protien breakfast.

So, the body needs 4-5 hours in between meals to digest. And the baths are to do what?

the baths....here is my kindergarten understanding of his college level writings. One, it will stimulate the brown fat, and two, he has a theory about how our bodies are cold adapted. We screw them up with all the clothes we wear, the heat in our homes and work, and artificial lighting, carb, etc. Something about how this will rewire the brain to use an alternate pathway for energy metabolism. There is alot more to it, but thats about all I can explain
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 15:40

BF:

also, some people are wearing freezer packs instead of doing the cold bath. That might be an easier way to start

he also says the cold water burns alot of calories.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-12, 17:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln88
also, some people are wearing freezer packs instead of doing the cold bath. That might be an easier way to start

he also says the cold water burns alot of calories.

Thanks for the info. I thought twice about the baths this afternoon.

Yes, I was reading at his blog and WOW! He is at a level that is really difficult to say the least. Do you know when the best time to do this is?

There was one place that went into depth about the great benifits of cold therapy.