Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-12, 19:07

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I started out at 20 min, but worked up to 30

I hear you on the willies. It is 30F here and I would love to crawl into a hot bath

good luck tonight! I was invited out for beers but decided to pass on that

I am still fighting the carb cravings after my misstep yesterday
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-12, 22:31

Plan: Whole 30 / IF
Stats: 195/175/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good for you for passing on the beer. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

It was smooth sailing tonight. No wine or dessert, just oven crisp chicken and grilled veggies. Of course it's always easier in the beginning of something when I'm motivated. The hard part is keeping that motivation.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-12, 22:33

Plan: Back to Atkins Induction
Stats: 276/213/146 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

No cold therapy here. I'm look askance at a lot of the things Kruse advises, I think he went off the deep end somewhere. Dr Richards did a lot of the first research on leptin, so that's who I'm going with for now. Tomorrow is the last day of my 14 day personal challenge, and I told my kids I'm having nas ice cream and maybe a SODA. I have lost weight, though, so I'll probably keep it up in some form. I do want to trial adding in some dairy, though, esp since I now have a source for raw milk.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 17:23

BF:

Hi Rachel,
how much did you lose in the two weeks? I start a new job two weeks from tomorrow (Yay!) so I thought this would be a perfect time to really commit to the program since I've already left my old job. I'd love to take off a few pounds and increase my energy before I start.

sln88 - Can I ask you what health/weight lose benefits you've seen from CT? I know CT is an ancient form of therapy so it must have value. I was just wondering what you noticed from it.

I'm pretty hungry today but I'm not going to give in to snacking. I've been drinking a lot of ice cold herbal tea instead of eating. I guess that's my CT.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 21:20

BF:

5280, I don't think I did it long enough to get any benefits. I only did a week or less. I plan on getting back into it tomorrow.
Overall, I would say the program as a whole(as much as I followed it) did help me sleep better

Rachel, I know he sounds a little goofy sometimes, but he is not the 1st to recommend CT for weight loss. I know Tim Ferris also uses it, and some other guy http://hypothermics.com/2012/01/the...batd/#more-1404
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 21:23

Plan: Back to Atkins Induction
Stats: 276/213/146 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I just finished my first two weeks. I started at 225 and ended this am at 219.6. A day or so ago I hit as low as 218.4, this week is the week before my tom so I'm expecting bouncing around with the weight. I'm very happy with it! The not snacking is getting easier, that was really hard at first. I'm going to liberalize my dairy the next two weeks, a glass of raw milk at night. I don't really know if dairy stalls me, this will tell I guess.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-12, 08:29

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 308/282/165 Female 5'9"
BF:...whatever!
Progress: 18%

marking my place

I started following the 5 rules 2 days ago (down 3lbs which is a frickin MIRACLE because I've been LC since 1-18, VLC since 2-18 and NOW the scale moves!!!!!!!)

haven't even considered CT, how many of you are actually doing it??
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-12, 20:34

BF:

I'd be so happy with 5+ pounds in two weeks or better yet 3 pounds in 2 days!!! So far I haven't lost an ounce but I'm going stick with it. I think my metabolism needs to get right. I do think I'm sleeping better.

I have been following all the rules but the one about not eating as much. I've been sooooo hungry I've been having much bigger meals than I should.

I don't think I could CT even to lose weight. (But never say never) When I managed a health food store 30 years I had people recommend it but I couldn't do it then either.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-12, 20:42

BF:

esam, if you want to see alot of people doing CT, check out the leptin reset thread at MDA

I went for a walk in about 30 deg weather today. 1st 10 min I had my coat on but then I got warm enough to take it off. Followed up with a cold bath(1st one in 3 days) and I had a really hard time with it. I was shaking I was shivering so bad.

One tip if you want to try it- do the reverse frog boiling. I start my shower in warm water with the drain closed. By the time my shower is done, the water is lukewarm. There are a few inches in the tub. I sit in there and then turn the water all the way to cold.

I hope this works, because its kind of torturous- LOL
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 08:26

LOL, "Kind of " torturous.......
I'd say it's a bit more than Kinda........

I'm down .5 today.

I'm eating the big 50gm protein breakfast with coffee within 30 to 40 minuntes of waking up

lunch is protein (yest I had roast beef cooked with scrambled eggs and butter for B and L) had 2 string cheese with lunch too

Dinner had a hamburger patty with cheese. and about a spoonfull of peanut butter.

No snacking in between. Meals are 7am, 1pm, 7pm
and I'm not suffering or feeling bad for what I can't have.
All in all I'd like to stick with it.
I hadn't lost anything in over a month doing VLC, so I'm happy witht he results. I like not being hungry. Yesterday at lunch time I didn't feel hunger, but ate anyway. At some point I want to try skipping a meal to see what I feel like by dinner. I'd like to play with it a bit when I can.

I wish you succss 5280! give it some time. I was complaining before how everyone else was losing just doing atkins and I went over a month and only lost 2lbs.!!! your body will adjust! hang in there, I know you will find the right tweak and get some results. I have a messed up metabolism as well.....

#86   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 09:50

BF:

Thanks esam. I'm better today. I feel like I've lost a little and I'm not nearly so tired or hungry. I think I've turned a corner. I'm so glad you're doing well on the reset. It gives me hope!

I'm doing loosely a 7am, 12:30pm, and 6:30pm schedule. It seems weird eating on set schedule but I remember when my twins were babies; they were much less cranky if I kept them on a fairly strict eating schedule. I must be reverting back to infancy.

One thing about this program, it really makes me realize how much I was snacking. I'd feel a little bored or anxious and grab a handful of cashews or gnaw on a beef stick. Now I have to face those feelings and deal with them in a better way, like getting on the treadmill, taking the dog for a walk or reading something inspirational.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 12:54

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

glad to see others trying this...I majorly fell off the wagon for a few weeks now ..life bites sometimes..but feeling more mentally ready to get back to it. I still struggle with 50 grms in the am. and don't get enough sleep. I'm reading Lights Out at the moment and hope to get some better sleep tips.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 13:07

I TOTALLY know what you mean about the snacking!!!!! I would arbitrarily eat stuff without realizing it!!

like, how did that cake "accidentally" fall into my mouth!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOL

it really does help.
Today I had the last of the roast beef, with eggs and a bit of butter for breakfast, with my 1 cup of coffee.

had an errrand to run around 10 or so, after I got home I put a piece of sugarless gum in my mouth for about 15 minnutes, and since then I have had some little cravings. I have had to consciously try to remotivate myself.!! it's 12 now and I have another hour before lunch, so I'm going to wait until then.
I can see where this will help me lose weight because it will reduce the amount of calories I'm consuming.
a bite here and there really does add up.

I never had my kids on a schedule., I just nursed whenever they were hungry, although my girls were tiny and I kept having to cram food into them. My youngest would nibble all day long, even now at 7, she takes a few bites and goes to play, comes back in 30, takes another bite or 3...... complete grazer!! my boys eat whatever whenever and don't have weight issues, but thats boys for ya!!
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 17:58

BF:

I heard Caroline Rhea quip "did you ever walk into a room and then wonder why your there but you always think the answer is in the refrigerator." That is so me.

I had more carbs than usual for lunch today, peanuts and dark chocolate squares, and I feel like a new woman. I have energy and feel good. Why can't I feel like this on VLC or even LC? I guess that's why I'm doing the reset. To get my body to burn fat, preferably my own, as energy. I hope the extra carbs didn't me back.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-12, 18:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249.2/242.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am trying this Leptin reset. I don't think I can do the cold therapy - I get cold just thinking about cold. LOL, but the meal ideas make sense. I've been making a huge breakfast of 3 eggs and 5 pieces of thick cut bacon, 1 tbsp of coconut oil. I am still eating lunch, had 2 burger patties today, some left over alfredo sauce and eggplant, and dinner was porkchops and greens. Might eat a berry or two or make some hot chocolate with cream, I really want chocolate.

I hope this does the trick of turning on the weight loss.

He says not to work out during the reset, are any of you working out? Should I try it intermittently to see if I'm sweating more, maybe to know if I"ve reset?