Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-12, 16:00

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

NEW MASTER

First thing.:

Torso Track (50)

CM PT home exercises:

WigWags (2 minutes total)
Periformis Stretch (60 secs ea. side)
Hamstring stretch (60 secs ea side)
Pelvic Press/Double March (15)
Side Planks (10 )
Planks (10)
Calf Stretch (1 min, 2x)

Los Al PT home exercises:

Bridges (2 sets of 10 w/4 second hold)
1/4 Curls (2 sets of 10)
Child Pose (30 sec x 2)
Hip Stretch (30 sec/side)
Pendulum (10 each side w/a 5 second hold)
Squats (2 sets of 15)
Lunges (10 per side)
Sit-to-stand (2 sets of 10)
8 lb. weight curls w/wall squat, both arms at once (2 sets of 10)
Blue Ribbon Pull downs (10)
Weighted Pushes (2 sets of 10)
Weighted Pullbacks (2 sets of 10)

My own Floor exercises:

Elbow Squats (20)
Mr. Sandman (20)
Barbies (15)
Wings w/5 lb. (15)
Up Lifts w/5 lbs. (15)
Elbows Up w/5 lbs (15)
Side Leg Lifts (10 per side, arms stretched)

At-gym PT exercises:

Supermans (15)
Ball Leg Curls (10)

My own Gym exercises:

Leg Press on #5 (2 sets of 10)
Pull-downs on #5 (2 sets of 10)
Stationary Bike (15 minutes)

Brisk Walk: 2 walks (total: 1 hr. 15 minutes)

Around sundown:

Torso Track (50)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-12, 17:23

Default Today so far

I feel bushed.

First thing.:

Torso Track (50) *

CM PT home exercises:

WigWags (2 minutes total) *
Periformis Stretch (60 secs ea. side) *
Hamstring stretch (60 secs ea side) *
Side Planks (10 per side) *
Planks (10) *
Calf Stretch (1 min, 2x) *

Los Al PT home exercises:

Bridges (2 sets of 10 w/4 second hold) *
1/4 Curls (2 sets of 10) *
Child Pose (30 sec x 2) *
Hip Stretch (30 sec/side)
Pendulum (10 each side w/a 5 second hold)
Squats (2 sets of 15) * UGH
Lunges (10 per side) *
Sit-to-stand (2 sets of 10)
8 lb. weight curls w/wall squat, both arms at once (2 sets of 10) * 5 lbs.
Blue Ribbon Pull downs (10)
Weighted Pushes (2 sets of 10)
Weighted Pullbacks (2 sets of 10)

My own Floor exercises:

Elbow Squats (20) *
Mr. Sandman (20) *
Barbies (15) *
Wings w/5 lb. (15) *
Up Lifts w/5 lbs. (15) *
Elbows Up w/5 lbs (15) *
Side Leg Lifts (10 per side, arms stretched) *

At-gym PT exercises:

Supermans (15)
Ball Leg Curls (10)

My own Gym exercises:

Leg Press on #5 (2 sets of 10)
Pull-downs on #5 (2 sets of 10)
Stationary Bike (15 minutes)

Brisk Walk: 2 walks (total: 1 hr. 15 minutes)

Around sundown:

Torso Track (50)
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-12, 16:16

I spent all day Saturday cleaning/organizing...I was on a roll! Unfortunately this has resulted in back pain since then. I did walk yesterday for one hour 18 minutes, slowly. The first 40 minutes hurt; I rested 10 minutes and then I was much better.

Just got back from PT. Lower back still painful so they cut my exercises way back for now. It's pouring rain. Hopefully it will stop and I can get another walk in.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-12, 18:54

Wellll I haven't been very good posting my exercise as usual. I think it gets boring or something. Anyway...

I'm going to try again. I had a flare-up (lower back) and am pretty stiff and sore today...with occasional shooting pains. It's been hard to sleep due to sciatic pain the last 2 nights. Anyway I got the idea today...Alleve seems to kick in after about an hour; I took 2 and set the timer for 60 minutes. When the timer went off I went for a walk. I had to walk verrry slowly and hit my peak discomfort at 11 minutes. (Felt the first shooting pain when I stepped off the stairs onto the sidewalk) Unfortunately I had forgotten my PT's advice to never walk more than 5 minutes from my home when in early recovery from a flareup, so I had an 11 minutes walk back home. It hurt pretty much and I laid on 'ice' for 20 minutes. Actually, it's this:

#20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-12, 18:56

So:

2/24/12: 22-minute very slow walk

Last edited by gonwtwindo : Mon, Feb-27-12 at 00:34.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 19:34

2/25/2102: walked I don't know how many minutes. I set my timer for 10 minutes, when I started getting pain I looked at my phone, and I guess I had touched the screen or something. It was stopped at 4 minutes. The walk back was painfully slow. I keep forgetting not to go more than 5 minutes from my front door right now. Looking back I think I walked maybe close to 30 minutes. Ugh. I have numbness and tingling fairly strongly right now.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 00:33

2/26/2012 ... Forgot to take my Alleve before walking (grrr it's always something!!) and only made it 6 minutes before the pain was mounting/numbness setting in. Walked a total of 10, slowly. Went to the apartment gym and rode the bike...painful for the first maybe 3 minutes but gradually got better. Stayed on 20 minutes. I gotta remember the bike!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-06-15, 06:31

Plan: Dr's Quick Weight loss di
Stats: 245.6/174.2/124 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Smile Wow, good job

I think they would have to carry me out on a stretcher if I did all that now. I'm off to the gym in a little while to do a slow session on the treadmill. I did pretty good yesterday for the first time. I had to talk myself into going, putting aside the fears of what the others may think of this old, fat lady, joining a gym. I'm determined!!

Keep up the good work!!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-08-15, 02:55

ckhof, I haven't posted in my gym log for 3 years! I had a back injury and - ugh - no matter how hard I tried, I could not regain my strength enough to go back to work.

Anyway, I am so much better now. (even though I did hurt my back today with too much housework - OW) No way could I do my old job, but I've mostly learned what NOT to do in my personal life, so...life is good.

I walked 2.5 miles at a local Sports Park today...my 4th day in a row getting 2 miles or a little more.

I'm borrowing Kat's idea of posting cellphone pictures from my walks. Sorry some of them are pretty fuzzy. The first one is the DG path that goes around all the playgrounds and playing fields; then a red yucca bloom; a Palo Verde tree in bloom; and some nice rays from a near-sunset.

Last edited by gonwtwindo : Fri, May-08-15 at 03:44.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-09-15, 15:36

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Nice Paula!!! I love "taking walks" with people. It's nice to see some of CA too, I really didn't belong there but there are things I do miss.

Now I have a techie question for you - how do you get your pix from your phone to this site? I have a long roundy-bout way of doing it - so far it's the only way I know how to do...
Kat
  #26   ^
Old Sun, May-10-15, 21:28

I Think I do it the roundabout way too. First I transfer them to my computer; then I upload them to photo bucket; resize; and copy the link on the right and paste it in the reply box. Wish there was a simpler way!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, May-10-15, 23:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
ckhof, I haven't posted in my gym log for 3 years! I had a back injury and - ugh - no matter how hard I tried, I could not regain my strength enough to go back to work.

Anyway, I am so much better now. (even though I did hurt my back today with too much housework - OW) No way could I do my old job, but I've mostly learned what NOT to do in my personal life, so...life is good.

I walked 2.5 miles at a local Sports Park today...my 4th day in a row getting 2 miles or a little more.

I'm borrowing Kat's idea of posting cellphone pictures from my walks. Sorry some of them are pretty fuzzy. The first one is the DG path that goes around all the playgrounds and playing fields; then a red yucca bloom; a Palo Verde tree in bloom; and some nice rays from a near-sunset.

Pretty pics!!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 15:29

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
I Think I do it the roundabout way too. First I transfer them to my computer; then I upload them to photo bucket; resize; and copy the link on the right and paste it in the reply box. Wish there was a simpler way!

Ha - yes that is the way I do it too. I can edit them on my Iphone which is nice, but I should try it on photobucket - maybe I could get a better size. Thanks!
Kat
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-15, 18:36

Bike level 6 28 minutes. Rpm 56 to 60, distance 4.44 miles. 134 calories haha

This is going to be a sloppy record because as soon as I got in the gym, I got engrossed in the TV coverage of a police pursuit. It was going all through the area that I used to live and shop in orange county. It was fun to see familiar sites and I didn't take note of any of the weights or reps as I made my way around. We don't have TV at the house so it was an entertaining distraction. Anyway:

I used the leg press, back extension, arm extension and abdominal machines.

More to come tomorrow.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-16, 17:12

Interesting. Looking at the post directly above, ^^^

I was in the 160's last year around the holidays. this morning I weighed in at 164. BLEH!!!

A year ago Thanksgiving I was introduced to vegan eating and over the course of the year I ate more and more vegan and vegetarian meals. I ended up dropping several pounds (152ish) without trying, but being a stress eater, have piled it back on the last 4 months or so.

I had a back injury a few years ago that took years to stop hurting. Even though the pain was way down, I tried to hike last year and the year before last, and couldn't do inclines - the pain would build quickly and I'd have to stop. Well, Christmas Day I went out to Valley of Fire with my son and his girlfriend, and I climbed a damn hill!! No pain!!
Throughout my day there, i was in my element (nature) and I want more. I want to build up my strength and endurance. What might be harder is to find someone who'd like to do some non-strenuous hikes. I don't feel safe out by myself. I've found 2 hiking groups out here, but one starts at 7 a.m. (I can't - not a morning person whatsoever) and the other's hikes are too strenuous. Oh yeah, and one more: they hike in wineries by making a deal with the winery owners that we will each buy a wine tasting. lol. I went to one and it was fun, but I can't pay $20 to hike on the regular.

So today I walked an old pattern over to the nearest shopping center one mile away. I walked as fast as I could and I was within 10 seconds of my time when I first did that same walk over a year ago: 39.22. That's sad. I'm doing a 19-miniute mile. haha

Onward...!