Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 09:21

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

As for making me feel better, it doesn't. I started making a journal of how I felt before I had a glass of wine and then how I felt after. There is such a terrible feeling of guilt after. I use to feel happy and numb. I think my body has gotten so use to it that I don't get anything positive from it. I need to stop and today is my first day. Any good adivise??
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
As for making me feel better, it doesn't. I started making a journal of how I felt before I had a glass of wine and then how I felt after. There is such a terrible feeling of guilt after. I use to feel happy and numb. I think my body has gotten so use to it that I don't get anything positive from it. I need to stop and today is my first day. Any good adivise??

It won't be easy but we're here for ya!

When I stopped drinking I quit cold turkey and handled it alone, here's a few tips I have for you.

First and foremost, this might sound stupid but get rid of all wine in the house.

Second, get a hobby. Everytime you feel like drinking do something productive! You'll notice that it'll help in the long run.

Third, talk to someone about your journey on quitting the alcohol! We're here for you.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 12:24

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hitting a wall? I don't know what you call this. I'm just in a funky mood. Eating err'ythang!!! I mean, thinking about how good stuff tastes and then going to find it. I don't know. I am sooooo unhappy about sooooo much stuff. I probably need to see a counselor myself. But, hey, not sure it will do any good. I really don't want to pay for someone to ask me "how do you feel about that?" "why do you think that is?" and then not have an answer for me. UGH!

I don't know when I'll get back on the plan. The first step, much less the first 3 days are hell after a fail.

Is HCG working at all Kelleygirl? I heard the caloric intake was incredibly small. I don't want to judge it without hearing from you. Open mind.

LCJustin, don't you give up!! You've come too far to go back. You are soooo close to having everything you wanted. You can't see it. Others can. Trust that we are telling the truth.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 12:27

BF:

Kelleygirl, I went back on the wine too. I was off for like 6 mos and then bang!! The problem with me and wine is I don't just drink one glass. I drink a whole bottle in one sitting by myself. Yep. It is like entertainment. I get my wine and open it with my cute little cork screw, then sit and do "me" time. Whatever that is, tv, reading a novel, etc. etc.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 17:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
Kelleygirl, I went back on the wine too. I was off for like 6 mos and then bang!! The problem with me and wine is I don't just drink one glass. I drink a whole bottle in one sitting by myself. Yep. It is like entertainment. I get my wine and open it with my cute little cork screw, then sit and do "me" time. Whatever that is, tv, reading a novel, etc. etc.

Startinova, you nailed it. I'm the same way. I can't just have one I have to keep on going. It feels good at first but then I feel crappy and depressed and out of control. SO I'M A STARTINOVA AGAIN!

You know the counseling thing is really helping me. I've told you before I've tried before and "how does that make you feel" comment pisses me off every time. I think I just needed to find the right fit. I love the women I see now. There's been a lot of digging into my past which explains so much about why I am who I am. She's made it very logical which is what I like. This has happened....this is the way most people deal with it....this is how to fix it. Oh yeah, she thinks I should leave my husband but realizes I'm not strong enough yet. There will be a game plan. What's not to like

Oh crap hubbys in the room
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 18:03

BF:

I'm back. Justin, thanks for the tips. I'm going to take your advise. I'm feeling pretty positive. I think I'm a little scared too. My kids had to go through so much with my husbands drinking. I don't want them to deal with me too. So far I don't think they have a clue. I need to get in control.

Startinova, what's going on?? Some days can be like that. You eat and drink everything but you're trying to fill a void, avoid thinking ect. Talk to me.

HCG is a pretty strick diet but it's just what I need. Hopefully I don't screw this up but I'll try and explain. You take HCG which makes your body think it's pregnant. You then eat 500 calories of LC for 21 days. The hormone causes fat to be released into the blood stream as protection for the pregnancy. You don't lose muscle so your metabolism stays high. You lose an average of 20 pounds in a month. WHen you stop taking the HCG you go through a few phases but basically LC but not so drastic. I did it three years ago and had great results. I need that jump start right now. It will be a challenge but it's only for a month.

Last edited by kelleygirl : Sun, Jul-10-11 at 18:10.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-11, 19:01

BF:

Quote:
I'm back. Justin, thanks for the tips. I'm going to take your advise. I'm feeling pretty positive. I think I'm a little scared too. My kids had to go through so much with my husbands drinking. I don't want them to deal with me too. So far I don't think they have a clue. I need to get in control.

Startinova, what's going on?? Some days can be like that. You eat and drink everything but you're trying to fill a void, avoid thinking ect. Talk to me.

HCG is a pretty strick diet but it's just what I need. Hopefully I don't screw this up but I'll try and explain. You take HCG which makes your body think it's pregnant. You then eat 500 calories of LC for 21 days. The hormone causes fat to be released into the blood stream as protection for the pregnancy. You don't lose muscle so your metabolism stays high. You lose an average of 20 pounds in a month. WHen you stop taking the HCG you go through a few phases but basically LC but not so drastic. I did it three years ago and had great results. I need that jump start right now. It will be a challenge but it's only for a month.

You do what's best for you, Kellygirl! You're an awesome mom.

Okay, what exactly is the HCG diet? Sounds cool.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 09:40

BF:

Good morning. Nice to know you guys are here. I'm headed to Boston for my dauhters ( I hope ) final back check up.

Day one of no drinking went really well. I bought a book and it felt good to have a clear head.

Startinova, what's happening? I'm worried about you. Tell me what's going on. Spill it girl!

Justin, how's your day going?
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 10:44

BF:

Quote:
Good morning. Nice to know you guys are here. I'm headed to Boston for my dauhters ( I hope ) final back check up.

Day one of no drinking went really well. I bought a book and it felt good to have a clear head.

Startinova, what's happening? I'm worried about you. Tell me what's going on. Spill it girl!

Justin, how's your day going?

Have a safe trip to Boston and the best of luck to your daughter!

My day's not too bad, I'm sticking to low carb and high protein for the job. This morning we got in and the basement was half flooded, the water main broke and leaked all weekend. Oh well, that's life! :P

Startinova, I'm worried about you as well!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 16:31

BF:

Justin, that's terrible. Sorry to see all your work go down the drain. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Just got back from Boston. Boy I'm not a city driver. All those one way streets and SO MANY cars..Yikes. On the postive side Michelle gets a clean bill of health. She has to have an MRI this week to make sure the spinal cord is ok but the x-rays looked good.

I got sooo hungry. I'm not use to 500 calories and I had my first 250 at 11:30 this morning. I just wolfed down my tiny piece of meat with a huge bed of lettuce. Lettuce is going to be my friend for the next three weeks.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 20:05

BF:

That's good to hear about your daughter!

500 calories, I'd just die. lol I might just try it myself! We could support eachother.

As for big city driving, I do NOT like it. OMG I remember NYC, all the one ways and crazy traffic downtown, yikes... been there, done that. lol
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-11, 06:27

BF:

When I drove to New York City in the spring, it was so bad! I was freaking out. Horns were beeping and people were flipping me off. It was crazy. When I lived in LA in was easy to drive in the city. It was set up with simple grids. You missed your turn you simply take the next. It was so easy to get around.

I did good yesterday. I sound like a two year old LOL. I lost 2 pounds plus no wine. One of my favorite things to do is sit on my big front porch at night with my neighbor Linda. We drink wine and have a munchie. I have not told Linda that I have a problem. Yesterday she came over and I sipped on sparking water. It worked!! I didn't have to have wine. I still had a nice time.

Enough about me what are you doing

Startinova, I know you are out there. Please let me know how you are...Don't make me come find you....if I only know how to
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-11, 06:55

BF:

So, was having a good morning. Walked out to my car to go to work. Saw my neighbor, we exchanged the usual pleasantries.

Me: "Good morning!"
Her: "Good morning! How are you?"
Me: "Great! I could use a retreat, a spa day, a vaca, a new job." All the while laughing.
Her: "You know what else you can use, too?"
Me: "No, what?"
Her: "Some push back from the table."

Dead in the water.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-11, 18:07

BF:

What a nasty neighbor. ugh... so sorry. People can be so insensitive... I'm used to stupid remarks so I learned to just ignore them.

Kelleygirl, that's good about not drinking. I learned too that you don't need alcohol to enjoy yourself! How's the 500 cal thing coming along for you?

well... as for me I cheated tonight, after work I bought a pie.... oh well, there's always tomorrow!
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 15:02

BF:

Startinova, that women needs a good slap!! The thing is when people make those comments you don't have time to think of a good come back. You are so shocked someone could be so rude, mean and insensitive. Ugggg, I'm mad for you.

How are you?? What's up besides rude neighbors??

Hey Justin, 500 calorie thing is going ok. I'm not as hungry at you would think, The HCG keeps things do-able but I've given up all my vices at once. No food and no wine. On a positive note I'm 3 days no wine and down 3 pounds. 15 more pounds to go!

My third child, who is a Bishion dog named Charlie ( don't tell my kids but he's my favorite) has a lump on his ribs. Crap haven't I had enough to deal with??? I'm bringing him to the vet for a check up so I have to run. Wish us luck.